SE Compatibility Tracking (Jun 24)

54 minutes ago, full_inu said:

When I compact Form ID and then make ESP plugin ESL-flagged, I pretty damn often face situations when simple wig (with 31 and 41 slot) force-unequip unrelated slots like body armor or boots. I don't trust ESL, be it true ESL made within Creation Kit or flagged as ESL in xEdit

All that not have any sense. The object ID and the form type (ESM/ESP/ESL) not have any relation to the armor slot. That problems only can be caused when the armor slots in CK not match the same armor slots in the NIF. Or because other mod is giving problems with the armor slot.

27 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

All that not have any sense. The object ID and the form type (ESM/ESP/ESL) not have any relation to the armor slot. That problems only can be caused when the armor slots in CK not match the same armor slots in the NIF. Or because other mod is giving problems with the armor slot.

I know what I am doing.

If ESP working fine, and ESL version caused issues,  ESL and Bethesda to blame.

1 hour ago, full_inu said:

I know what I am doing.

If ESP working fine, and ESL version caused issues,  ESL and Bethesda to blame.

Not ALWAYS... Maybe you have this problem or another similar with other mod:

Spoiler

Monoman1
Monoman1
  • 26 posts
  • 7 kudos

26 August 2019, 2:33AM
Hi there and thank you for your work on PapyrusUtil!

There appears to be a CTD issue when an armor form from a mod flagged as an ESL is passed to JsonUtil.FormListFind.

Now I'll admit that I'm not at all familiar with SSE or what the purpose of an ESL is but thought I'd report it all the same.
This is the armor mod that the issue was discovered on (NSFW): https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5316-mini-bikini-cbbe-tbd-se/

I don't know if it's important but in this case the json file did not exist but seemed to still happen even if I created the json (but blank).

Unflagging the mod as an ESL seems to fix the issue.

Solved with the update 3.8 of PapyrusUtil SE published 24 November 2019

this update also now enables JsonUtil and StorageUtil to properly handle forms from .esl mods.

7 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

Not ALWAYS... Maybe you have this problem or another similar with other mod:

Solved with the update 3.8 of PapyrusUtil SE published 24 November 2019

this update also now enables JsonUtil and StorageUtil to properly handle forms from .esl mods.

Sound promising, but unfortunately it was not a CTD, just an item like trousers caused main armor to be unequipped. I think I have disabled everything except requirements and still get the same

1 hour ago, full_inu said:

Sound promising, but unfortunately it was not a CTD, just an item like trousers caused main armor to be unequipped. I think I have disabled everything except requirements and still get the same

In vanilla Skyrim, slot 32 is the whole torso, which includes slot 52 items by default.  So, if you slot something in slot 52 and try to equip a some kind of top item that is slot 32, and you don't have something like Schlongs of Skyrim and the SOS_Revealing keyword mechanic, the last item equip wins and it unequips the other item because the game engine thinks they conflict.  Without SOS, you need to redefine the slots flagged in the Body Template (BODT) of the Armor Addon (ARMA) within the ESP/ESL, AND in the mesh file.  This info is contained in both.  FormID values have absolutely nothing to do with equipment slot numbering.

2 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

In vanilla Skyrim, slot 32 is the whole torso, which includes slot 52 items by default.  So, if you slot something in slot 52 and try to equip a some kind of top item that is slot 32, and you don't have something like Schlongs of Skyrim and the SOS_Revealing keyword mechanic, the last item equip wins and it unequips the other item because the game engine thinks they conflict.  Without SOS, you need to redefine the slots flagged in the Body Template (BODT) of the Armor Addon (ARMA) within the ESP/ESL, AND in the mesh file.  This info is contained in both.  FormID values have absolutely nothing to do with equipment slot numbering.

I can give download link to everyone, and if one is interested he/she can turn regular ESP into ESL and troubleshoot it.

56 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

New MO2 update and it comes with a form43 check... I thought that bs would be Vortex exclusive. You can disable the check deleting "Form43Checker.py" which is in "...\Mod Organizer 2\plugins".

I just asked about how to disable that on the MO2 thread on nexus, thanks! I'll post your solution there.

1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

New MO2 update and it comes with a form43 check... I thought that bs would be Vortex exclusive. You can disable the check deleting "Form43Checker.py" which is in "...\Mod Organizer 2\plugins".

I noticed that and it seems to me that something like this should be an optional plugin

3 hours ago, Yinkle said:

I noticed that and it seems to me that something like this should be an optional plugin

Other plugins can be disabled (Settings->Plugins, selecting the one you want and in "enabled" set it to "false". But  the form43 check? nope, so anyways I started deleting that py file. I think people over Nexus are more inclined to believe form43 is bad, Arthmoor didn't comment on this saying it's mandatory to change to form44 in SE? And we have Vortex with this check already implemented.

4 hours ago, Pakman53 said:

Are you working on converting any mods currently?

I've been working on and off on Animal Mansion Plus, but it's slow going. I just got caught up with a ton of mod updates, so I'm taking a little break to actually enjoy my game for a little while, ? but I'm always open to suggestions if perms can be obtained

45 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

I've been working on and off on Animal Mansion Plus, but it's slow going. I just got caught up with a ton of mod updates, so I'm taking a little break to actually enjoy my game for a little while, ? but I'm always open to suggestions if perms can be obtained

Ok awesome

SteamDB.info knows about most everything available on Steam. A search will find the base LE game and the DLCs, and there are links to the store pages.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:41 PM, ritalmao said:

Sisterhood of Dibella should be moved to Broken until the author updates it. A lot of people report the same the problem concerning CTD, the issue seems to be exclusive to the SE conversion . Check the threat for more details.

Edit: Temporary fix here or here

It works for me. But I also have a few NPC replacers so I needed to do some conflict resolution on the NPC records and I don't think I ended up keeping most of the changes from either the main ESP or the Sisters plugin, so who knows.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, Farlyoke said:

Agree. Also working with CK is cancerous isnt it?

CK Fixes helps, especially since the author got off his high horse and updated for the new(er) version of CK.

7 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Why dangle the offer like bait?  Just link it.

Because help is not obligated here. Why should I bother someone, if everything works for them?

btw I will send example files, after I will be able to reproduce problem, but not here. Probably I will create standalone topic.

5 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Cant let you modder slaves get out of line Schtick Schtick. Get back to work. LOL. Thanks your conversions are one of the main reasons I have converted to SE. Great job.