SE Compatibility Tracking (Jul 1)

1 hour ago, Sloots_R_Us said:

Has there been a port of Floppy Sos to SE yet or any port in the works?

Wish LL had a thread search feature like Nexus

No, and there won't be due to the proprietary DLL and lack of source code...though there are alternatives.

The site search features work fairly well if you select the appropriate options.  Specifically, the setting "FIND RESULTS THAT CONTAIN..." option from "any of my search term words" to "all of my search term words" will probably yield better results.

Failing that, use a 3rd party search engine, like so (Haven't found one that doesn't honor this syntax):

site:loverslab.com +floppy +sos +sse

Given the sluggishness that LL can get under high load, using the 3rd party search option is probably going to be quicker and more community friendly to LL's load averages ;)

Depending on which search engine you pick, the results you're seeking might not be at the top.  Also, some of the newer female body types include similar features as options during install, such as the CBBE 3BBB body.

This concludes Searching For Shit - 101.  What you're seeking is below.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:00 AM, ForgottenGlory said:

Happy to help! If you have any specific ones that are troublesome I'd be happy to take a look at them.

...and my mind goes blank lol    I have so many uploaded, I can't think of them as individuals all the time. Some have been edited already, and some don't need it, so I'm not sure which ones could use better dialogue translations. 

9 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

No, and there won't be due to the proprietary DLL and lack of source code...though there are alternatives.

The site search features work fairly well if you select the appropriate options.  Specifically, the setting "FIND RESULTS THAT CONTAIN..." option from "any of my search term words" to "all of my search term words" will probably yield better results.

Failing that, use a 3rd party search engine, like so (Haven't found one that doesn't honor this syntax):

site:loverslab.com +floppy +sos +sse

Given the sluggishness that LL can get under high load, using the 3rd party search option is probably going to be quicker and more community friendly to LL's load averages ;)

Depending on which search engine you pick, the results you're seeking might not be at the top.  Also, some of the newer female body types include similar features as options during install, such as the CBBE 3BBB body.

This concludes Searching For Shit - 101.  What you're seeking is below.

I actually have used that SurverX mod and had issues with it(I think it got a name change, but IIRC it adds items to NPC inventories that triggers effects like pissing when they die or something), that led me to trying out other SMP SOS alternatives and eventually the SavrenX Schlong of SAM Light(it has an HDT patch), but figured might as well ask about Floppy for SE since that's mostly what I used back in LE days and was issue free as far as I remember. Thanks for the help though, never used 3rd party searching, so i'll have to try that out

59 minutes ago, Sloots_R_Us said:

I actually have used that SurverX mod and had issues with it(I think it got a name change, but IIRC it adds items to NPC inventories that triggers effects like pissing or something), that led me to trying out other SMP SOS alternatives and eventually the SavrenX Schlong of SAM Light(it has an HDT patch), but figured might as well ask about Floppy for SE since that's mostly what I used back in LE days and was issue free as far as I remember. Thanks for the help though, never used 3rd party searching, so i'll have to try that out

I personally use only the CBPC config settings from CBBE 3BBB.  You could probably do similar with just the config files from the SurverX mod.  The effect isn't quite what Floppy SOS used to provide, but it is more than nothing.

For Pfiffy ?

As I hate CK and the mess CK sometimes creates on changing 43 to 44,

I have been searching for a possibility to change flag 43 to 44 without opening the mod in CK.

I know and I'm convinced, it's just cosmetics. Motivation has been to solve it just to have it solved.

(and relieve Pfiffy from this stone on his neck  ?)

Will not bring any advantage except to reduce the reclaiming posts, booh 43 will crash my game etc.

so, Wrye bash needs to be installed.

Flag the mod as esm ( watch out, it will than be placed on top of loadorder)

Remove right away the esm flag, voila form 44.

Do not forget to bring the mod down in loadorder after that.

4 hours ago, T-lam said:

For Pfiffy ?

I have been searching for a possibility to change flag 43 to 44 without opening the mod in CK.

I know and I'm convinced, it's just cosmetics. Motivation has been to solve it just to have it solved.

Will not bring any advantage except to reduce the reclaiming posts, booh 43 will crash my game etc.

You can use CTRL Z (undo) to restore plugins to their previous locations via Wrye Bash.  You win the 2020 Skyrim SE Homeopathy Award.

6 hours ago, T-lam said:

For Pfiffy ?

First, why are you converting to 44?

For a tiny fraction of user-created LE modules, conversion to 44 is very much not "cosmetic"; it is absolutely mandatory. And no, there isn't a non-CK shortcut. When conversion is really required, there's much more to it than just changing the number in the ESP header; the CK has to run the entire tree and transform the affected records and sub-records to the 44 format.

Conversely, for the vast majority of user-created LE modules, conversion to 44 is absolutely meaningless.

I'd guess that almost anything you might be trying to convert yourself falls into the second category. So you shouldn't bother.

1 hour ago, ChaosTheorist said:

First, why are you converting to 44?

For a tiny fraction of user-created LE modules, conversion to 44 is very much not "cosmetic"; it is absolutely mandatory. And no, there isn't a non-CK shortcut. When conversion is really required, there's much more to it than just changing the number in the ESP header; the CK has to run the entire tree and transform the affected records and sub-records to the 44 format.

Conversely, for the vast majority of user-created LE modules, conversion to 44 is absolutely meaningless.

I'd guess that almost anything you might be trying to convert yourself falls into the second category. So you shouldn't bother.

So what are the mandatory reasons for that small fraction of mods?  This seems to be the part I've never seen anyone explain before.

13 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

So what are the mandatory reasons for that small fraction of mods?  This seems to be the part I've never seen anyone explain before.

The (small) list of changed records is posted various places, like 

Authors of environment-related mods are most likely to be affected due to the WATR and WTHR changes. The WEAP record got a new field in the CRDT sub-record that is NULL most of the time; an un-converted mod will have nothing there, which does the same thing, so that's benign.

The majority of user-created mods, being about NPCs or armor, don't care about the changes. House mods should be converted.

If a mod doesn't use any of the modified record types, or only uses ones with benign-default changes like WEAP, then the end result of reading a converted Form 44 mod is the same as reading the un-converted Form 43 version: the exact same data ends up in Skyrim memory.

18 minutes ago, ChaosTheorist said:

(small) list of changed records i

Nothing new actually and nothing what calls for the need to convert to 44.

SE can read and interpret even forms of oblivion and daggerfall.

If there is a mod with waterflow it must be 44, as there cannot be a 43 with waterflow.

So whats the result on porting le to se... you have no waterflow and this will not change if you convert the form to 44.

One needs to make an entry to have waterflow, but I would  make this entry only on a form 44 mod.

Thats the only reason for me changing the form, if I plan to modify it.

I did a test now, installed a LE water mod straight without doing anything on it.

Spoiler

Water43.jpg.48a635b37139066d54d759fb104d3cb7.jpg

form 43

now I changed flag to esm

Spoiler

Water43esm.jpg.a0075f10b887b008fff31076fe6de0d0.jpg

still form 43

now back to esp

Spoiler

Water43backesp.jpg.0c4c1edc5a31e6d958a36c9dbe59999a.jpg

result, still form 43.

So if a mod covers entries not available in 43, Wrye bash denies to convert it. My method will not work on mods like this.

But !

SKSE is intelligent enough to interpret it as 43 and  will not call functions which are not available in 43

You see wateflow was forwarded by xedit, it fills the not present entry automatically with the preceding value.

The new field appears in the 43 mod, even when not present in original.

It will just not leave an undefined field.

My conclusion, SKSE interprets it always after the form (43/44 whatever)and just uses the latest value present in stack.

Thats also an explanation why SKSE interprets forms even from Oblivion. I fills the not defined fields with the last field bevor 43 e.g.

So, just think further.

Some mods work flawlessly with form 43. But as soon you open them in CK, they sometimes won't work anymore or even ctd the game.

Thing about what happens. CK inserts the new fields and fills them with standard garbage which overwrites another mod.

Leave the form 43 prevents this, so it's saver to leave it 43 than change it to 44 without a glue as SKSE knows how to handle it.

If you change to 44 it's not done with just resaving, you have to investigate which fields can cause an error and correct it afterwards by forwarding the values.

Sorry for the new post, had CK in Mind ?

7 hours ago, dan0477 said:

Has anyone gotten rapetats and slave tats to work together?  If so what version combo's?  I only have the first MCM line so i know its not working....

I got them working and with fade tattoo too.  I used cathedral on the, but I did not changed the esp to 44.  They are both on 43 and it work fine.  I use the slave tats for SE.  The results are good. but you need to be patient, when you open slave or rape tats MCM, it is a looooonnnng process.  5 min and more.

Enjoy.:)

5 minutes ago, Snook001 said:

I got them working and with fade tattoo too.  I used cathedral on the, but I did not changed the esp to 44.  They are both on 43 and it work fine.  I use the slave tats for SE.  The results are good. but you need to be patient, when you open slave or rape tats MCM, it is a looooonnnng process.  5 min and more.

Enjoy.:)

Can you show me your load order and which versions of slave/rape/fade?

2 hours ago, macnchz said:

and which versions, please and thank you

I'm using SlaveTats 1.3.0 SE v1.3.0, RapeTattoos (oldrim) v1.4, and FadeTattoos (oldrim) v1.

You can use any tattoo packages for Slavetats as long as you convert the textures to SE. I use Cathedral Assets Optimizer.

You do not need to convert the Skyrim LE Rape Tattoos and Fade Tattoos. They work fine in SE just as they are. Rape Tattoos can take a long time to initialize, especially if you have a lot of tattoos. Then you are going to want to go into the menu and categorize each tattoo (breast, face, etc.). Categorizing them gives you the widest range of options for the tattoos showing up on your Dovah because only one per category will be used.