SE Compatibility Tracking (Jun 24)

1 hour ago, DremoraDream said:

Can someone explain the state of Prison Overhaul Patched for me?

What's the deal with this mod? I saw an SSE conversion, but it's taken down? Or the page doesn't exist...
I also keep seeing people from it's thread saying it's safe to install as is, but I can't find consistent information

I don't recall why the conversion was taken down, but I would guess at the request of the author.

You can convert POP for use in SE with very little trouble, just run it and SUM (and optionally DDe too) through CAO. I have a script fix to prevent SUM from bitching about unsupported sexlab version for an older version of SUM. But even without that, there's no issues - the warning is simply stating it wasn't tested. I leave the esps as form 43. Right now i'm on SUM 1.50, DDe 4.50, and POP 4.50

Inte usually keeps all three mods in sync, and there were recent updates to them, so I'm just waiting to see if there's any more updates or if that's it for now.

40 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I don't recall why the conversion was taken down, but I would guess at the request of the author.

You can convert POP for use in SE with very little trouble, just run it and SUM (and optionally DDe too) through CAO. I have a script fix to prevent SUM from bitching about unsupported sexlab version for an older version of SUM. But even without that, there's no issues - the warning is simply stating it wasn't tested. I leave the esps as form 43. Right now i'm on SUM 1.50, DDe 4.50, and POP 4.50

Inte usually keeps all three mods in sync, and there were recent updates to them, so I'm just waiting to see if there's any more updates or if that's it for now.

I've used your SUM script for another mod requirement, that works without a problem. POP is the only mod i've been missing, and I've been trying to figure it out.

As you and nomkaz have both said, I'll run it through CaO and play test it. 

I've personally given up on DD/DDX/DDe because those mods are not my personal preference and I've found most mods I use don't even require them. But if this works without those as requirements, then I guess it should be fine anyway.

Thanks for the mini-tutorial, I'll give this a go

Sorry, but i don't know where else to ask this (if there's a better place please tell me)

I'm looking for a skin texture that is more pale than most, I've tried various ones (Demoniac, Fair Skin, Bijin Skin, and Leyenda Skin) but none of them can go pale enough for me.

Alternatively if there's one for racemenu that lets you go paler?

12 hours ago, zarantha said:

Im curious if there is any reason to leave it as form 43? Is it okay to convert it to form 44 without anything breaking?

1 hour ago, AnInsaneMoose said:

Sorry, but i don't know where else to ask this (if there's a better place please tell me)

I'm looking for a skin texture that is more pale than most, I've tried various ones (Demoniac, Fair Skin, Bijin Skin, and Leyenda Skin) but none of them can go pale enough for me.

You could edit the dds and take the color out.

2 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Converting to Form 44 can break scripts, it's best to leave the esp as it is for that reason.

In what manner are the scripts getting broken? The most common script error I've found were scripts registering a variable the same name as a modEvent (for instance "int SLIF_inflate = ModEvent.Create("SLIF_inflate")" will throw some errors, renaming the variable to SLIF_inflateEvent for instance fixes this), though I've seen cases where the compiler didn't complain about a variable named the same way, but I can't explain why.

2 hours ago, Player80 said:

In what manner are the scripts getting broken? The most common script error I've found were scripts registering a variable the same name as a modEvent (for instance "int SLIF_inflate = ModEvent.Create("SLIF_inflate")" will throw some errors, renaming the variable to SLIF_inflateEvent for instance fixes this), though I've seen cases where the compiler didn't complain about a variable named the same way, but I can't explain why.

Not sure about the "scripts breaking" thing but one thing I've noticed when resaving via the CK to change form version is that references to "non-esm" masters can be broken. Given that form 43 works fine in SE and form 44 works fine in LE I never change form versions if I can avoid it.

8 hours ago, Kakabishan said:

Im curious if there is any reason to leave it as form 43? Is it okay to convert it to form 44 without anything breaking?

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

It's an extra, unnecessary step and more likely to break things. There's been a few mods that haven't worked for me after conversion to form 44, so I stopped doing it. Don't recall the specific mods, this was a couple years ago. It could be POP was one of them, which is why people keep thinking it doesn't work when I've had no issues for a while.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

It's an extra, unnecessary step and more likely to break things. There's been a few mods that haven't worked for me after conversion to form 44, so I stopped doing it. Don't recall the specific mods, this was a couple years ago. It could be POP was one of them, which is why people keep thinking it doesn't work when I've had no issues for a while.

I've yet to encounter a mod that needed form 44 conversion, so please come back here and try to shame me over it if anyone happens to encounter a plugin that needs it.  I'd love some reproducible facts.  I'm currently running 90 v43 plugins.

16 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

I've yet to encounter a mod that needed form 44 conversion, so please come back here and try to shame me over it if anyone happens to encounter a plugin that needs it.  I'd love some reproducible facts.  I'm currently running 90 v43 plugins.

This was long before we settled on don't do it. :)

I haven't converted to form 44 in forever. I've got about 40 for v43 myself right now. The risky thing i'm doing is esl'ing some of those.

5 minutes ago, zarantha said:

This was long before we settled on don't do it. :)

I haven't converted to form 44 in forever. I've got about 40 for v43 myself right now. The risky thing i'm doing is esl'ing some of those.

Yeah, haven't had many issues with ESLification regardless of form version.  If the mod doesn't require compacting to be ESL-capable, I think there are only 2 things to watch out for:

1) Mods that detect soft dependencies need to be ESL-aware (look beyond the 255th spot for dependencies), or they break.

2) Don't ESL anything that adds new cells or run the risk of temporary items from that mod not showing up in game should a later plugin override the ESL'd cell mod.  Only time this isn't an issue is when the ESL'd cell mod being overridden is the very 1st ESL loaded (in FE000).

When compacting for ESL, you need to be extra careful for the same reasons you'd be when merging.  FormID's change, so formID specific dependencies will break (mods that have references to the ESL'd plugin, JSON-defined form lists, etc.).

On 8/23/2020 at 1:46 AM, AnInsaneMoose said:

Try Porcelain Skin.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:03 AM, Yinkle said:

Not sure about the "scripts breaking" thing but one thing I've noticed when resaving via the CK to change form version is that references to "non-esm" masters can be broken. Given that form 43 works fine in SE and form 44 works fine in LE I never change form versions if I can avoid it.

FYI CK Fixes supports non-ESM masters.

Oof.

On 8/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, tasairis said:

SKSE 2.0.19 downgraded because of the sheer number of mods having problems - keep using 2.0.17

there's also a new version of MO2, came out around the time SKSE 2.0.18 was released (right before 2.0.19 was released). i was seeing some early comments about issues, but not much since on Nexus and other places. most of the issues being reported so far are directly or indirectly related to SKSE 2.0.19. might want to check the nexus threads though to make sure.

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

for those who had problems with SKSE .19. the download has been updated without change of the version number. for me it is working fine now....

Doesn't appear so.  The CRC32 checksums on the archive for my download from just a moment ago match the one I downloaded on Aug 11th.