SE Compatibility Tracking (Jul 1)

2 hours ago, pugwash99 said:

I may take a look, depending on how it's linked to the internal memory structures of SSE it may be easy to compile or update in future but if references memory locations that aren't exposed in other parts of skse it will still need another modder to compile it.

I managed to compile the DD dll but that's a breeze as it only exposes an internal function from skse, drop in the code release and it's ready to go.

hmm. Got the new versions installed but no physics, dll is loading correctly. I've tried the unofficial set that came out a couple of days ago and they're working. 

I think you have to download the Bullet Physics which he links there.

1 hour ago, animegeek240 said:

Is there any way we can get this mod converted for SE? It looks extremely interesting and I would love to see it in Special Edition.

Author speaking:  Thanks for the mention, but I would avoid it for now.  The mod isn't nearly "done" yet.

12 minutes ago, animegeek240 said:

ah ok. When you finish it. maybe you port it or find someone to port it. It probably wouldn't be that difficult specially if it is mostly scripts.

Not expecting to finish it in the next year (or two).  I have no problems with people porting it for their own use, but there is another update imminent that will break previous functions, so I'd recommend waiting for v0.1.5 at least.  While it does have a few scripts, the mod has textures and meshes and many records adjustments to leveled lists and the chaurus race.

I don't play SSE and I don't think there's anything in here that would be hard to convert, just would recommend waiting a bit.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Vortec said:

I think you have to download the Bullet Physics which he links there.

I have, I've already got the framework and high heels to compile but the smp throws some type conversion errors for me. I've also had to update the include and lib folders for each project. I've also merged all three projects into a single solution rather than three single projects so that they all compile.

You also need to download 'Detours' from the Microsoft github repository but the project uses v3.01 and the repository is v4.01 although it's noted they're the same with a few bug fixes and swapping the new .h and lib files hasn't caused any problems. And also rapidjson for the high heels project.

My compiled version of the framework works, the one from the her page doesn't, atleast for me.

edit: a bit more work to do on the bullet3 library as cmakegui made all the projects /MT rather than /MD but after switching still got some errors to fix.

edit: private variable had to turned public so I've not got the full framework to compile. I did turn on the AVX instructions for the physics. Testing now.

1 hour ago, pugwash99 said:

I have, I've already got the framework and high heels to compile but the smp throws some type conversion errors for me. I've also had to update the include and lib folders for each project. I've also merged all three projects into a single solution rather than three single projects so that they all compile.

You also need to download 'Detours' from the Microsoft github repository but the project uses v3.01 and the repository is v4.01 although it's noted they're the same with a few bug fixes and swapping the new .h and lib files hasn't caused any problems. And also rapidjson for the high heels project.

My compiled version of the framework works, the one from the her page doesn't, atleast for me.

edit: a bit more work to do on the bullet3 library as cmakegui made all the projects /MT rather than /MD but after switching still got some errors to fix.

Glad you got some use out of it, I could not get His Official new release to work on my system. Had to use Aer's patcher. Sister Hydrogen is a HE...long story. As for HDT High Heels, I have abandoned that years ago and use racemenu instead, a lot less script load for the game, works better as well.

9 hours ago, cinemagic said:

A user converted the GagSFX mod for me! I've been using it for a few hours and it works great, you just have to load your save, then save and reload again and it will work. I'm a noob to this forum so I'm not sure what info you need to update converted mods to this guide, but here's his message and info where he converted it!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but as it's tracking conversion, I figure I'll give it a shot: Does anyone know of any guides / guidelines around converting SKSE script heavy mods from oldrim to SE? I've read that most scripts should 'just work', but there are a few mods that don't I have my eye on I'd like to see if I can expedite.

I'm not afraid of coding or learning new languages, if that's a concern.