SE Compatibility Tracking (Jul 1)

19 minutes ago, ThyraUnn said:

I really Wish Todd would go Work on Starfield and ES6 Instead of breaking Skyrim...

How long does Address Library Usually take to Update?

SKSE was only a few hours. Ian usually is on top of it.

I'm sure he'll fuck with Fallout next...

3 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

I'm sure he'll fuck with Fallout next...

Yes, There was supposed to be a Next Gen Update for it last year but it was moved to this year. but other than that I don't thing it has been touched in awhile.

Will Papyrus need an update after address Library? MO2 Likes to only tell me things are incompatible one at a time... so I wonder how many times I am going to open it and it will be like...

image.png.835120e7ed0459046b642a9c1a4bab68.png

19 minutes ago, ThyraUnn said:

Yes, There was supposed to be a Next Gen Update for it last year but it was moved to this year. but other than that I don't thing it has been touched in awhile.

Will Papyrus need an update after address Library? MO2 Likes to only tell me things are incompatible one at a time... so I wonder how many times I am going to open it and it will be like...

Yeah been waiting for the next gen update to mooch along and nuke mods like AE did for Skyrim.

Been staying on 1.5.97, so not having to deal with a fresh batch on incompatible mods.

This vid will show you how to rolk back to a previous version :)

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Jan 14) - SSE 1.6.1170, ✅ SKSE ❌ AddLib ❌ Downgrader

And here we go again. Though I did forget for a whole week that they were planning to do another update to continue with the Steam overlay work.

Remains to be seen whether the new Address Library will be backwards-compatible with the previous version. I'm optimistic, and if it is then that'll make a huge difference.

At least I was ready to update stuff this time.

Edited by tasairis
14 hours ago, ThyraUnn said:

image.png.835120e7ed0459046b642a9c1a4bab68.png

Yes Papyrus needs to be updated,but are you aware that papyrus is included in sexlab framework (it's the same creator afaik)?

Just now, Duncan Idaho said:

Dammit, I have Skyrim set not to update but I got a fnis error that said I had to start Skyrim once through steam and when I did, it updated. 

Ah, that explains that Fnis-error I got yesterday.... shit. Any luck getting the rollback to work?

2 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

Use the 1130 exe and dll

I did - got a no-start-error as my SKSE and address library were out of date - obviously. And if I update those 9/10 my mods are gone... also apparently I can't get that rollback to work. And there I was looking forward to a relaxing evening of modded SSE - man, Todd, you really are one retarded fucker.

10 minutes ago, Cornoholio said:

I did - got a no-start-error as my SKSE and address library were out of date - obviously. And if I update those 9/10 my mods are gone... also apparently I can't get that rollback to work. And there I was looking forward to a relaxing evening of modded SSE - man, Todd, you really are one retarded fucker.

Your skyrim version?

24 minutes ago, Cornoholio said:

I used to run 1.6.1130 - and was updated to 1.6.1170 against my will.

Tested my theory into practical. The 1130 exe works with the updated 1170 data files.

The process:

1. Shut down steam.

2. Navigate to "Whichever drive you have steam installed\SteamLibrary\steamapps"

3. Rename the file "appmanifest_489830.acf" to "appmanifest_489830.acf.1170"

4. Paste the file "appmanifest_489830.acf", I have attached below in that folder.

5. Make that file "Read-Only"

6. Go to "Whichever drive you have steam installed\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition"

7. Rename the file "SkyrimSE.exe" to "SkyrimSE.exe.1170"

8. Paste the "SkyrimSE.exe" file from "SkyrimSE.1130.7z" archive I have attached below.

9. Restart Steam

10. Start the game from skse_loader

appmanifest_489830.acf SkyrimSE.1130.7z

You might have to edit the "appmanifest_489830.acf" file. Open the "appmanifest_489830.acf.1170" file in notepad and copy the value against "LauncherPath" from here to the file I have provided and then save and make the "appmanifest_489830.acf" file "Read-Only"

You will have to the same for the value against "LastOwner" as well. It's your Steam User ID in numeric.

Edited by Tron91
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Jan 14) - SSE 1.6.1170 ✅ AddLib ❌ HDT ❌ JC ❌ RM ❌ SOS

Running steam in offline mode and setting Skyrim to only update between hours you are asleep is the way forward. Still on 640 here and no plans to update until all skse mods are supported.

Edited by Yinkle
2 hours ago, Duncan Idaho said:

Dammit, I have Skyrim set not to update but I got a fnis error that said I had to start Skyrim once through steam and when I did, it updated. 

In future, if you get this error, ignore it or make sure Steam is in offline mode before obeying.

Hm... since Address-library and SKSE64 already Updated I gave it a try:

grafik.png.285d486fc81d2987eb75761ae33a6985.png

I'm happy to report that the authors of FasterSMP are already working on it, according to their nexus forum!

Edited by Cornoholio
1 hour ago, Cornoholio said:

Hm... since Address-library and SKSE64 already Updated I gave it a try:

grafik.png.285d486fc81d2987eb75761ae33a6985.png

I'm happy to report that the authors of FasterSMP are already working on it, according to their nexus forum!

So to the surprise of no one, the only affected mods are mods not using AddressLibrary

2 hours ago, VeraDra said:

So to the surprise of no one, the only affected mods are mods not using AddressLibrary

Heh, so....I gotta ask because I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff, I don't really know what AL is other than some mods require it....why would this mainly affect mods not using it?

14 hours ago, Yinkle said:

In future, if you get this error, ignore it or make sure Steam is in offline mode before obeying.

Another solution is to write protect the file appmanifest_489830.acf, even if steam tries to force update the game, it'll fail.

@Cornoholio papyrus and sexlab have been updated.

Edited by Shonen17000
20 hours ago, VeraDra said:

Actually PapyrusUtil and SexLab both use it, however they still tend to need updating...