SE Compatibility Tracking (Jun 24)

On 8/28/2020 at 1:31 PM, NoJoker said:

As of Form version, converting to 44 is the best practice,

Um, no, it isn't. For the vast majority of LE mods, conversion to Form 44 is a NOP. I.e. meaningless.

There are 3 new record types, half a dozen record types that changed between 43 and 44, and one sub-record type--VMAD--got a possible new value type that (obviously) won't be present in Form 43 modules.

Unless a mod is impacted by one of those specific few changes, there is literally zero difference between 43 and 44; the exact same data will end up in Skyrim memory from the 43 mod or the converted-to-44 equivalent.

1 hour ago, ChaosTheorist said:

Um, no, it isn't. For the vast majority of LE mods, conversion to Form 44 is a NOP. I.e. meaningless.

There are 3 new record types, half a dozen record types that changed between 43 and 44, and one sub-record type--VMAD--got a possible new value type that (obviously) won't be present in Form 43 modules.

Unless a mod is impacted by one of those specific few changes, there is literally zero difference between 43 and 44; the exact same data will end up in Skyrim memory from the 43 mod or the converted-to-44 equivalent.

Form 44 seems to work in LE (I only have 2rd hand info here, please correct me if I'm wrong), and Form 43 appears to work in SE so far.  I've been making a point to use as many v43 plugins as possible to try and discover the truth for myself.  Nothing to report so far that could be traced back to the form version as the reason.

I'm curious to see if a Form 44 plugin would open without error, and come out as form 43 on the master Record header, if edited/saved with the LE CK?  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the version numbers are purely cosmetic.  Does anyone know if the LE CK can edit one of these without creating a singularity? (Aside from the noted new data types).

How shall form 43 influence the function ?

43 is a subpart of 44, I checked, if there is a type available in 43 which is not available in 44, post it.

If a mod was made for oldrim, it has no flags, records etc, which cannot be interpreted by SE.

The only pitfall is eslifying an form 43

3 hours ago, T-lam said:

How shall form 43 influence the function ?

43 is a subpart of 44, I checked, if there is a type available in 43 which is not available in 44, post it.

If a mod was made for oldrim, it has no flags, records etc, which cannot be interpreted by SE.

The only pitfall is eslifying an form 43

The only actual problem that I've found when converting an esp to Form 44 is that it can break some scripts (mainly animal sex scripts). Unless you have access to the source scripts to recompile them, you'll break the mod. ESL flagging a Form 43 plugin is fine as far as I can tell, I probably have 20-30 eslified Form 43 plugins in my game and haven't noticed a single issue.

18 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

The only actual problem that I've found when converting an esp to Form 44 is that it can break some scripts (mainly animal sex scripts). Unless you have access to the source scripts to recompile them, you'll break the mod. ESL flagging a Form 43 plugin is fine as far as I can tell, I probably have 20-30 eslified Form 43 plugins in my game and haven't noticed a single issue.

OK, I am just a little bit concerned of 43 does not support ESL ?

No idea, if I am wrong, but as I don't now it exactly, I hesitate to eslify them.

Will try on next new start to see what happens.

28 minutes ago, T-lam said:

No idea, if I am wrong, but as I don't now it exactly, I hesitate to eslify them.

The thing to watch out for when "eslifying" mods is that the process changes its formids (unless they are overwrites). If another mod references these forms directly using GetFormFromFile() they will not be found.

Example:

Spoiler

bool Function CheckSOS()
	if (Game.GetModbyName("Schlongs of Skyrim.esp") != 255)
		SOS_SchlongifiedFaction = Game.GetFormFromFile(0xAFF8, "Schlongs of Skyrim.esp") as Faction
		if SOS_SchlongifiedFaction
			return true
		endif	
	EndIf
	SOS_SchlongifiedFaction = none
	return false
EndFunction

In the above example, if "Schlongs of Skyrim.esp" was eslified the faction's formid "0xAFF8" would be diferent and the boolean would return false.

36 minutes ago, T-lam said:

Oldrim does not support esl, for the most part Form 43 can be eslified as long as you follow the same rules as from 44, like @Yinkle said

I use the script from xedit. check for ESL qualification and look for FE flags.

Once it said, no problem to eslify, but the game crashed after converting, even when I watched the same loadorder.

This was an 43 mod, for that reason I am concerned about this.

No idea what happened, as I did it this way for a lot of mods.

possibly something went wrong on saving.

12 minutes ago, T-lam said:

I use the script from xedit. check for ESL qualification and look for FE flags.

Once it said, no problem to eslify, but the game crashed after converting, even when I watched the same loadorder.

This was an 43 mod, for that reason I am concerned about this.

No idea what happened, as I did it this way for a lot of mods.

possibly something went wrong on saving.

That xEdit script only checks esp records, it doesn't tell you if the mod has meshes and textures that would get borked if the records were compacted. If you elsify a mod with meshes and textures, the esl won't be able to find them since the from IDs have been changed in the ESP, so they no longer match with the mesh and texture from IDs. I'm fairly certain that this is why you are having the Crashes. If xEdit could change the texture and mesh's physical form IDs in the file folders to match the compacted IDs, a LOT more mods would be truly eslify-able.

12 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

That xEdit script only checks esp records, it doesn't tell you if the mod has meshes and textures that would get borked if the records were compacted. If you elsify a mod with meshes and textures, the esl won't be able to find them since the from IDs have been changed in the ESP, so they no longer match with the mesh and texture from IDs. I'm fairly certain that this is why you are having the Crashes. If xEdit could change the texture and mesh's physical form IDs in the file folders to match the compacted IDs, a LOT more mods would be truly eslify-able.

Ok, got it.

That means, meshes, textures which are referenced cannot be eslified.

I trusted xedit too much, without thinking or get to know how it works in detail.

I just feel %/$# because it's so logical.

26 minutes ago, T-lam said:

That means, meshes, textures which are referenced cannot be eslified.

This would surely only apply to facegen meshes and textures? If you regenerate the facegen files for relevant actors in the CK after eslifying the esp it should (in theory) work. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure that no other meshes and textures are formid specific. Obviously if you are using a mod with a custom pretty faced follower then you'd want to rename the texture, facegen mesh file and facetint link therein instead so as to avoid losing the nicely shaped head!

2 hours ago, Yinkle said:

This would surely only apply to facegen meshes and textures? If you regenerate the facegen files for relevant actors in the CK after eslifying the esp it should (in theory) work. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure that no other meshes and textures are formid specific. Obviously if you are using a mod with a custom pretty faced follower then you'd want to rename the texture, facegen mesh file and facetint link therein instead so as to avoid losing the nicely shaped head!

I've noticed that most weapons mods work fine after being eslified. So small mods with only a few textures and meshes are ok, I haven't attempted to eslify a clothing/armor esp for that reason because I assume that HDT complicates things a bit. I have 671 esl flagged esp in my game right now, I probably eslified at least half of them myself without issue, but there's always an exception. I'll give it a shot with a follower and let you know how that works out.

edit: nope, ctd entering the follower's cell.

I've been using Skyrim LE mods like: Enhanced Skyrim Factions - The Companions with out converting Form 43 to Form 44.  The only LE mods that I do convert are armor and weapons mods.  Besides converting the meshes I also convert the esp file.

5 hours ago, BakersDelight1234 said:

Is there anyone having a problem with creature framework with Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures? As soon as the game loads it says Creature Framework downgraded to 1.0 There will be problems. I've tried reinstalling Creature Framework but it still shows the same pop up.

Probably best to take this to the BDIC support topic instead.  BDIC overwrites scripts/CreatureFrameworkUtil.pex.  Don't let that happen and you shouldn't get CF downgrade messages.  If that script is needed, doing this probably means BDIC won't work as expected.  If that is true, BD should be notified.

4 hours ago, Elysian97m said:

Has the ZAP furniture pack ever been converted? Has Horny Followers or Devious Followers? If not; what are some good permanent bondage furniture or follower mods?

Perhaps visit the 1st page of this post and look at the list?