On 6/23/2024 at 3:44 PM, Sucker Punch Baby said:

I was wondering, your fashion score is lowered if your dirty while using bathing in Skyrim, maybe you could add the scented soaps ( or add new ones ) as something that gives a bonus to fashion like the eau de perfumes?

Also sorry if this has been suggested or already exists and I'm just not seeing it, but maybe more compatibility with sexlab aroused /slax? Like having a high fashion score raises the arousal of npc's attracted to your gender, and maybe their arousal affects YPS flirt chance? Slax also has the ability to add tags/keywords to your clothing, like setting them as sexy, if someone could make an addon for the ypsClothings tags that would be very helpful I think? I don't really understand how to use kid and spid to do it.

Thank you for the feedback! Actually it wasn't me who added the Bathing in Skyrim fashion feature (this was done by one of the modders who continued developing during my absence).

13 hours ago, Balgin said:

Here's an idea that wouldn't let me get to sleep tonight: piercings could become infected while they're healing. It could be a small chance (configurable in the MCM). I don't think we need a whole piercing aftercare system with a product to use to prevent infection. Just a small chance of infection which could cause the player character to need to remove the piercing from the slot (as it won't heal any more while infected) and let the slot heal back to unpierced before getting it pierced again (and hopefully avoiding infection the next time).

Also a good idea that would add to immersive: let the player to disinfect the piercings to prevent infection.

4 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Could be time for a Dibella tanning booth...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/122816

That's a stunning mod! What kind of "Dibella" functionality did you have in mind?

2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Also a good idea that would add to immersive: let the player to disinfect the piercings to prevent infection.

I was hoping to avoid that. Disinfectant feels a bit high tech for Skyrim. Perhaps some kind of herbal ointment or magic potion. I was thinking of it more as a minor optional feature than a whole extra layer of complexity for every single piercing that a player might want to heal.

Tanning is a great idea, I'm not sold on the tanning booth though.  I strongly prefer in-skyrim-universe implementation.  There is a natural way to get a tan after all.   Generally I'm a believer that if you can do something without magic, it's better storytelling to do it without magic (and tanning booths would pretty much have to be magic).

The simplest implementation would be to just play a suitable animation of the PC lounging and then apply a tan, but you could do a lot more.  As an improvement, weather detection is possible so restrict sunbathing to non-rainy weather.  It's probably a good idea to restrict it based on location too, maybe just to the steam vent areas, and the warmer parts of the Riften area?  It would also be cool for maintaining a tan to take up in game time so maybe.

I often use this mod as a bimbo-lite, to represent my PC becoming less interested in adventuring and more interested in bimbo-ish pursuits.  I'm always looking for activities that allow me to bend a little more of her adventures around that kind of stuff.  Making it weather/time/location dependent would add some great emergent storytelling moments as the player would have to send their character adventuring to achieve a tan. 

Another fun extension of this could be an 'ugly tan lines' mechanic.  A negative fashion penalty obtained by spending time in sunny area's and/or sunny weather while not stripping down for a proper sunbathing session.  So a player could avoid this new hazard by avoiding the area/weather or by maintaining a full tan.  You could extend this even further by adding sunscreen, and possibly a sun burn mechanic (maybe implement cloaks/sun hats too?).  With a few of these mechanics built, a menu toggle could allow players to roleplay a 'fair maiden' that receives the fashion bonus for having no tan at all.

Other alternatives would be spray tans/other alchemical solutions.  Those have the same problem as a tanning booth of just being Push button>>tan.  aka the same gameplay loop as the character creation menu.

On 6/27/2024 at 6:49 PM, emily1673 said:

Thank you for the feedback! Actually it wasn't me who added the Bathing in Skyrim fashion feature (this was done by one of the modders who continued developing during my absence).

That's a stunning mod! What kind of "Dibella" functionality did you have in mind?

Tanning booth was the first thing to come to mind. Could be still have to get in the sun to get a tan, but there could be some tanning lotions to help speed things along.

Maintaining a healthy tan could contribute to fashion addiction as well...

On 6/27/2024 at 3:14 PM, Balgin said:

I was hoping to avoid that. Disinfectant feels a bit high tech for Skyrim. Perhaps some kind of herbal ointment or magic potion. I was thinking of it more as a minor optional feature than a whole extra layer of complexity for every single piercing that a player might want to heal.

Not really. They had alcohol and the alchemists understood distilling so 150 proof would do a bang-up job of cleaning the infected area. Now, once the area is sterile you still have to heal the infection, but wouldn't a trip to the local temple solve that problem?