10 hours ago, memati? said:

Okay, I dont want to bother you with this but I wanted to let you know, that when I use Slaveruns cheat option to turn myself into a full slave, it applies all YPS piercings without any issue (in this case its the "playername" who solders the piercings onto herself, atleast its what the messages suggest). Only when I talk to triss shadowrunner and let her solder the piercings in radiant raiments when the tats wont apply in slavetats. 
Might be helpful knowledge to find the issue for this bug.

Edit: Oh and what I also realised when I tried to remove the piercings via clicking on the piercing box. When selecting the earlobe slot it says "you cant remove starter gold ball studs being welded to your earlobes", whereas the other slots all say "you cant remove, being welded to ..." Skipping the "starter gold ball studs" mentioned in the earlobe slot. Maybe this can also help solving this problem

Thank you for the hint. I might look into it when I've time.

2 hours ago, NotDylan7055 said:

Didn't work, I'm afraid. Both JSONs I showed came through just fine. I tried on a new save and the hairs still weren't available, so I don't think it's a save issue either. Is there any menu in game where I can see all the mods YPS is currently recognizing?

YPS is recognizing all hair mod esps that are installed/activated and that are contained in the hairdatabase json.

Since the speed debuff (especially in conjunction with other speed altering mods - e.g. Cobb Encumbrance, Fill Her Up Encumbrance option, etc.) can lead to very low or even negative speed values (which then would mean a faster speed again) I created this small mod for myself. Perhaps it can be helpful to anyone else.

PLEASE NOTE: I only tested this in my own heavily modded savegame and a barely modded new game. In both environments I did not notice any obvious issues, but every modsetup is different so it's nearly impossible with this sample size to conclude that it won't cause issues for you. So if you feel like giving this a try, think of it as a very early Alpha until a few people reported back their (hopefully positive) experience.

If anyone feels like my implementation is shit or could be improved in any way, feel free to do so. If anyone feels like creating a dedicated modpage for it I won't object either at all, however I will assume that this person decided to take over this mod and handle any necessary fixes or additions by themselves. I'm not particularly interested in publishing mods, so I create this stuff mainly for issues in my own game that were not fixed by already existing mods.

So what does this actually do?

Basically you set 2 values in its MCM, the Minimum Speed and the Check Frequency (also see image below) and of course activate the mod. Based on the frequency in seconds the script will compare your characters current Actor Value speedMult to the minimum speed set and "corrects" it accordingly. The other options are ModAV to choose between the option to use ModAV(ON) or SetAV(OFF) in case either of them causes issues (initially the MCM stepper control element was giving me issues hence the checkbox) and Debug Notifications which just show a notification when a check is executed and the current speed value if it is lower than your set threshold.

Let's take the example values from the screenshot below:
Your current speed is 40, now you equip high heels but the "untrained walker" debuff kicks in (I don't know which value this would add exactly) and your speed gets decreased by 60 (According to another mod trying to tackle this, which however requires patching for every mod) this now STACKS, so 40-60 = -20 is your new speed. There are two potential issues with this. Obviously a very low speed will cause a very slow movement speed in general, but additionally to that negative values are interpreted differently by the engine. A speed of 0 equals 100, so here we'd have a speed of 100-20 = 80, which isn't painfully slow, but would mean that despite being an untrained walker you actually get faster with heels. If we assume the debuff doesn't decrease it by 60 but 30, then it would be 40-30 = 10, which would then be painfully slow and barely playable to a point where you'd unequip the heels altogether to be able to play the game.

That's where I'm trying to pitch in with this mod. After the check interval (e.g. 1 second) has finished, your current value (-20 or 10) would be compared to the minimum speed you set (25). If it is lower then your speed will be set to the set value (25). This is either done by ModAV using the difference (ModAV active) or by SetAV using the actual set value (ModAV inactive). The next time the check is done it is compared again. If at this time your detected speed is higher than the set value(25) and it was changed before it should either apply the new correction (this might have a noticeable delay, as it first should undo the correction then start a new check which possibly readds a correction)  or undo it.
Especially the undoing of the correction may cause issues / wrong values depending on the setup and my line of thought might be actually flawed here.

MCM Helper and its requirements have to be installed for this.

HaJo_SpeedMultiplierSetter.7z

image.png.4315e6ca8cc7857f90d4a3dcb6871ae1.png

Edited by HannoJojo
1 hour ago, HannoJojo said:

That's where I'm trying to pitch in with this mod. After the check interval (e.g. 1 second) has finished, your current value (-20 or 10) would be compared to the minimum speed you set (25). If it is lower then your speed will be set to the set value (25). This is either done by ModAV using the difference (ModAV active) or by SetAV using the actual set value (ModAV inactive). The next time the check is done it is compared again. If at this time your detected speed is higher than the set value(25) and it was changed before it should either apply the new correction (this might have a noticeable delay, as it first should undo the correction then start a new check which possibly readds a correction)  or undo it.

Wonderful, thank you for posting this! 👍👠

I think this can be very useful for many users, since the speed debuff always causes issues, especially when several mods are trying to affect run speed simultaneously.

For the YPS mod, the speed is reduced when wearing heals, but it was never the intention to render the player entirely immobile.

I keep getting the "Do you really want to apply emerald eyeshadow over smeared blah blah" but no prompt to say "Yes" or "No" so I can't apply it, looked for a hotkey but didn't find one, I'm sure the solution is simple but I am just not seeing it.

On 6/18/2024 at 8:45 AM, NotDylan7055 said:

Having a strange issue--trying to install Dint999 KSH's HDT.esp, but it isn't showing up in any YPS menus. I know it's installed in the game, since I can grab the wigs. My JSON files are set up, as I've hopefully remembered to link below (though it was not in there by default for some reason). Despite that, it's just not showing up. Any tips??image.png?ex=66727dda&is=66712c5a&hm=725

image.png?ex=66727e0b&is=66712c8b&hm=234

image.png?ex=66727e2a&is=66712caa&hm=a47

Just tried it out, and it works for me. Make sure you installed and activated the correct Dint hair esp.

2 minutes ago, pingbi146 said:

I keep getting the "Do you really want to apply emerald eyeshadow over smeared blah blah" but no prompt to say "Yes" or "No" so I can't apply it, looked for a hotkey but didn't find one, I'm sure the solution is simple but I am just not seeing it.

That's a misunderstanding. You are not supposed to apply eyeshadow over smudged eyeshadow. Need to remove it first.

Posted (edited)

New version is up:

v. 6.7.4:
- hand nail polish items applied upon using nail polish can now be freely configured in the file ypsNailpolishItems.json
- supports "Shas' Equipable Handnails" (big thanks to Shas from the Nexus for allowing to modify his mod, and for HannoJojo to do the modifications, as well as testing). Available for SE only. Download the "Shas's Equipable Handnails Version YPS" from the download section here and activate the esp (esl flagged).
- New keyword ypsFingerlessGloves: items flagged with this keyword can be worn together with polished nail items in the future (not yet implemented, but you can start flagging your items)
- max fashion addiction level is now 14 (highest fashion buff is still 11, highest debuff 10)
- makeup foundation item should now get removed from inventory upon use
- new MCM option: can apply nail polish when wearing hand items (compatibility option for BAC or similar mods)
- heel speed walking debuff now applies only when running, not when walking (it was never intended to render the player totally immovable); still experimental, please try it out

- wearing items with one of the following keywords will now modify fashion level:
ypsClothingUgly (fashion -2)
ypsClothingOrdinary (fashion -1)
ypsClothingCute (fashion +1)
ypsClothingFashion (fashion +1)
ypsClothingSexy (fashion +2)
These effects do not stack; only the highest of these fashion modifiers will count (e.g. if you wear a skirt with the keyword ypsClothingFashion and gloves with ypsClothingUgly, the fashion modifier will be +1)
Use SPID or KID to add the keywords to the items of your choice.
These keywords could also trigger player thoughts (though none have been written yet)

----

Special note:

The new nail system is a significant improvement (in my opinion Shas' nails look better, and they are compatible with fingerless gloves).

Big thanks to Shas' on the nexus for giving his permission to convert his nail mod for YPS. 👍👍👍

Big thanks to @HannoJojo for doing the conversion! 👍👍👍

Before upgrading to the new nail esp, you should first remove the nail polish from the player. Otherwise you will get "fined" once for using the wrong nails (feel free to open the console and type: "player.additem f 800", to get the gold back).

If the "old" nail meshes seem stuck on you, wear and remove some gloves.

This file is available for SE only (sorry for LE users).

You can also configure your own standard nail configuration by modifying the file ypsNailpolishItems.json (it's contained in the Shas' Yps nails download).

But all this is only the first step.

Currently in development is a still more complex version for professional nails, that will give access to all (!) nail shapes&colors from all (!) existing nail mods via professional manicure. It will need some more time to develop though.

Edited by emily1673
2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

New version is up:

v. 6.7.4:
- hand nail polish items applied upon using nail polish can now be freely configured in the file ypsNailpolishItems.json
- supports "Shas' Equipable Handnails" (big thanks to Shas from the Nexus for allowing to modify his mod, and for HannoJojo to do the modifications, as well as testing). Available for SE only. Download the "Shas's Equipable Handnails Version YPS" from the download section here and activate the esp (esl flagged).
- New keyword ypsFingerlessGloves: items flagged with this keyword can be worn together with polished nail items in the future (not yet implemented, but you can start flagging your items)
- max fashion addiction level is now 14 (highest fashion buff is still 11, highest debuff 10)
- makeup foundation item should now get removed from inventory upon use
- new MCM option: can apply nail polish when wearing hand items (compatibility option for BAC or similar mods)
- heel speed walking debuff now applies only when running, not when walking (it was never intended to render the player totally immovable); still experimental, please try it out

- wearing items with one of the following keywords will now modify fashion level:
ypsClothingUgly (fashion -2)
ypsClothingOrdinary (fashion -1)
ypsClothingCute (fashion +1)
ypsClothingFashion (fashion +1)
ypsClothingSexy (fashion +2)
These effects do not stack; only the highest of these fashion modifiers will count (e.g. if you wear a skirt with the keyword ypsClothingFashion and gloves with ypsClothingUgly, the fashion modifier will be +1)
Use SPID or KID to add the keywords to the items of your choice.
These keywords could also trigger player thoughts (though none have been written yet)

----

Special note:

The new nail system is a significant improvement (in my opinion Shas' nails look better, and they are compatible with fingerless gloves).

Big thanks to Shas' on the nexus for giving his permission to convert his nail mod for YPS. 👍👍👍

Big thanks to @HannoJojo for doing the conversion! 👍👍👍

Before upgrading to the new nail esp, you should first remove the nail polish from the player. Otherwise you will get "fined" once for using the wrong nails (feel free to open the console and type: "player.additem f 800", to get the gold back).

If the "old" nail meshes seem stuck on you, wear and remove some gloves.

This file is available for SE only (sorry for LE users).

You can also configure your own standard nail configuration by modifying the file ypsNailpolishItems.json (it's contained in the Shas' Yps nails download).

But all this is only the first step.

Currently in development is a still more complex version for professional nails, that will give access to all (!) nail shapes&colors from all (!) existing nail mods via professional manicure. It will need some more time to develop though.

Cannot find the ypsNailpolishItems.json. Seems missing in the 7z file

It's probably not something that can be fixed or patched, but using this mod with the pronouns mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106054?tab=description&BH=0 ) makes the game crash when upon talking to NPC's when YPS loads. ( the first time I was mid conversation when the prompt about hair growth popped up and as soon as I selected an option the game crashed, the crashes only start after this prompt which I assume is on mod start up )

Just letting you know in case it is something that could be patched. I was going to role play as a male character who looks feminine enough everyone thinks is and refers to as ( hence pronouns mod ) a girl, then realizes they're a girl through interacting with the mod leading them to the dibella quest. But it's not that different to simply play as a girl from the start and pretend it's the male. Still, if someone wants to use this mod and use their pronouns for real it'd be nice for them to work together.

7 hours ago, pingbi146 said:

@emily1673 Thanks for the quick answer, this works just fine, the prompt is just a bit misleading.

Yes, you are right. I reworded it more clearly in the new version.

43 minutes ago, Sucker Punch Baby said:

It's probably not something that can be fixed or patched, but using this mod with the pronouns mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106054?tab=description&BH=0 ) makes the game crash when upon talking to NPC's when YPS loads. ( the first time I was mid conversation when the prompt about hair growth popped up and as soon as I selected an option the game crashed, the crashes only start after this prompt which I assume is on mod start up )

Just letting you know in case it is something that could be patched. I was going to role play as a male character who looks feminine enough everyone thinks is and refers to as ( hence pronouns mod ) a girl, then realizes they're a girl through interacting with the mod leading them to the dibella quest. But it's not that different to simply play as a girl from the start and pretend it's the male. Still, if someone wants to use this mod and use their pronouns for real it'd be nice for them to work together.

Thanks, noted this. Just that I understood it correctly: The game crashes when YPS loads during a conversation? In that case, it would be possible to wait until YPS has loaded before starting a conversation. The reason for the crash might also simply be that YPS is script heavy.

33 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Thanks, noted this. Just that I understood it correctly: The game crashes when YPS loads during a conversation? In that case, it would be possible to wait until YPS has loaded before starting a conversation. The reason for the crash might also simply be that YPS is script heavy.

No once it's loaded it crashes anytime I try to talk to any npc. It just also crashes if I'm already in conversation when it finishes loading, meaning it's not trying to active the npc that causes the crash I guess is what I was trying to say.

So that's how I determined it was this mod + another, the first crash happened after the hair popup while I was mid conversation, so I disabled this mod to confirm it was part of it, then tested talking to NPC's before and after the pop up, then started disabling recently added mods until talking to npc's stopped causing a crash.

Edited by Sucker Punch Baby

Just a small headsup.

Looks like a script I compiled (ypsPiercingTicker) was written to the mod folder of Sha's Yps Version before the FOMOD was packed. Judging by the files timestamp this was a first test version of the current version, so this may or may not miss some changes listed for 6.7.4 so I'd recommend to remove it either way.

Sorry for that.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, HannoJojo said:

Just a small headsup.

Looks like a script I compiled (ypsPiercingTicker) was written to the mod folder of Sha's Yps Version before the FOMOD was packed. Judging by the files timestamp this was a first test version of the current version, so this may or may not miss some changes listed for 6.7.4 so I'd recommend to remove it either way.

Sorry for that.

No problem. That script file also "works", it just doesn't contain a few of the other new features.

Just posted a revised version.

Edited by emily1673
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

New voice files for 6.7.4 are up. Only one dialogue had small changes though.

Thanks for your prompt work! This time I just fixed a typo.

Next update will probably have some more dialogue again.

I always feel very tempted to add more dialogue and thoughts, just because you are doing these great voice overs. :)

Edited by emily1673
Posted (edited)

Just uploaded "v.6.7.4.0 LITE":

this LITE version contains all features up to v. 6.7.2 LITE, plus the new 200 player thoughts, plus the option to configure nails in the file ypsNailpolishItems.json from 6.7.4, so players can use the new "Shas'" nails without installing Sexlab or DD.

The remaining new features of 6.7.3 and 6.7.4 will be added later to a future LITE version.

Edited by emily1673

Hi @emily1673

I don't know what you did with the latest version, but hair growth, stockings pack and new items are all working now :D

Thank you very much, my character is feeling pretty once more.

Oh and had an idea...

Magical top coats for nails that boost unarmed combat!
E.g. one coat could make nails super hard and sharp giving extra damage, another could apply a poison on hit etc...

15 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Hi @emily1673

I don't know what you did with the latest version, but hair growth, stockings pack and new items are all working now :D

Thank you very much, my character is feeling pretty once more.

Oh and had an idea...

Magical top coats for nails that boost unarmed combat!
E.g. one coat could make nails super hard and sharp giving extra damage, another could apply a poison on hit etc...

Glad that it's working now. Hope that the cuticle remover can be used as well.

I didn't make some big changes, but during the update some internal variables are reset.

Good ideas you have! The upcoming professional nail update will have the feature that wearing long nails will affect the stats. The plan so far is that they give a buff to magic abilities, and a debuff to manual skills (like lockpicking). But it would be a good idea to have still more options available.

1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

Glad that it's working now. Hope that the cuticle remover can be used as well.

I didn't make some big changes, but during the update some internal variables are reset.

Good ideas you have! The upcoming professional nail update will have the feature that wearing long nails will affect the stats. The plan so far is that they give a buff to magic abilities, and a debuff to manual skills (like lockpicking). But it would be a good idea to have still more options available.

Yep the cuticle remover is working as well :)

I was wondering, your fashion score is lowered if your dirty while using bathing in Skyrim, maybe you could add the scented soaps ( or add new ones ) as something that gives a bonus to fashion like the eau de perfumes?

Also sorry if this has been suggested or already exists and I'm just not seeing it, but maybe more compatibility with sexlab aroused /slax? Like having a high fashion score raises the arousal of npc's attracted to your gender, and maybe their arousal affects YPS flirt chance? Slax also has the ability to add tags/keywords to your clothing, like setting them as sexy, if someone could make an addon for the ypsClothings tags that would be very helpful I think? I don't really understand how to use kid and spid to do it.

Just some thoughts I had.

Edited by Sucker Punch Baby

Does the mod alter the running speed without having any heels on? Because, if i enable the high heel training, i'm getting really slow without wearing any heels. I remember, it used to be not like that a few versions back, but i updated now and it seems to be the case now.

EDIT: Okay, seems like the LITE version of the mod has to be the deal. I switched to the full version and now it seems to work like intended.

Edited by Elvenlover

Here's an idea that wouldn't let me get to sleep tonight: piercings could become infected while they're healing. It could be a small chance (configurable in the MCM). I don't think we need a whole piercing aftercare system with a product to use to prevent infection. Just a small chance of infection which could cause the player character to need to remove the piercing from the slot (as it won't heal any more while infected) and let the slot heal back to unpierced before getting it pierced again (and hopefully avoiding infection the next time).