I'm having the same issue with everyone going postal on me now. First time I entered I bought stuff, had Karrens spawn some vendors, and left. I didn't go back in for some time, but when I did I tried to talk to a vendor and all I got was the smaller talk stuff, vendors wouldn't sell to me, and moments later I got attacked. I went on playing and didn't try to go back in for a few days, and when I did same response. I didn't do anything to make anyone hostile on my first visit. I went in with and without followers, no change. I haven't tried loading an earlier save, but earlier would mean about 10 levels earlier at this point, so not likely.

No conflicts in FNVEdit, and the previous version worked on multiple visits.

I'll try removing it and doing a clean save and try again, but something is up.

I too have had everyone go hostile on me for no apparent reason. Tried both with and without companions, as the first time I thought my companions started it somehow. But second and third tries I was alone. #2 I was able to ask Karrins about the extra vendors, #3 they started shooting soon as I walked in the door.

As I've said, I can't reproduce the guards going hostile. I entered and exited the store multiple times and no hostility. I'm guessing it's not random, but rather related to some action you have performed. What did you do between the last time you entered the Store with no problem, and the time you entered with them going hostile? Did you receive a message telling you that you failed Knowledge is Power around the same time they went hostile?

The first time I entered with this PC, it was lvl 2 probably, and I went and played for some time before going back in, so I did just about everything you can do. When I went back in, lvl 10 or so maybe, I got postaled, and I do remember seeing the message about failing Knowledge is Power. I think it was when I zoned out of the store after Cass was killed. I don't remember seeing it in the quest list before that, might be able to remember something else if I knew what the quest was, or wasn't.

I'd only been in the store once before, and the only merchants I'd spoken to were the outfit vendor (bought the Tomb Raider outfit for Sunny) and the medic (bought all his stimpacks and std treatment kits). Never even went to Mary's side of the store, let alone spoke to her.

@ Whacked

Mary is the bondage gear vendor in the corner to your left as you enter the store. She's naked except for a ball gag and some sort of harness.

Whether or not you started Knowledge is Power shouldn't be relevant. I mentioned it because it's supposed to fail automatically (regardless of whether or not it was started) if an RS officer starts combat with the player, and I was wondering if that was happening or not.

I think if you had done something to make them hostile to you while you were in the store, they wouldn't have waited to go hostile until you were in the store the next time. What you did in-between visits is likely the important part.

Thanks Kains, I never spoke to Mary on any of my visits.

You think it might be faction related Zippy? This PC has managed to remain non hostile to almost all factions, so far, including Fiends (tryouts), and for awhile she was friendly with Feral Ghouls (reset that via console).

AFAIK faction rep is the only thing that would make another faction (other than creatures and vanilla Fiends) hostile, so I'm guessing its related somehow.

You think it might be faction related Zippy? This PC has managed to remain non hostile to almost all factions' date=' so far, including Fiends (tryouts), and for awhile she was friendly with Feral Ghouls (reset that via console).

AFAIK faction rep is the only thing that would make another faction (other than creatures and vanilla Fiends) hostile, so I'm guessing its related somehow.[/quote']The guards have a Reputation set up, which should show up as "RS" on the Reputation screen and should also be present on the Bunker's map marker. The factions themselves only have relations to each other; the guards to themselves and the vendors and the vendors to themselves and the guards.

The only way I can really see this being a faction issue is if the glitch someone had where an NPC somehow managed to wander out of the Bunker recurred, and you managed to start combat with them without realizing it, but you would have failed Knowledge is Power immediately upon doing that, as it is scripted to fail the moment you go hostile to the guards' faction.

What texturepack does Mary require? In my game she's rather disturbingly dressed in a gigantic angry looking exclamation point.

! means missing meshes' date=' not textures. Here is the download link.

Here are some more details on my issue with the guards going postal in the store.

Started a new character, which is a custom race (my own), finished all the Goodspring quests, with Powder Gangers friendly, killed all the Geckos in the area, went into the store and bought some stuff, no problem.

Went to Primm, accepted the quest to go to prison, talked the NCR guys, cleared the 4 convicts outside, talked to Johnson Nash about everything, went back to the store and the merchants start fleeing when I enter. I left before getting attacked.

I have Niner and Rocket as companions, but I left them outside on the first visit, and in Primm on the 2nd. I also have Willow in the game, but haven't started any of her quests, other than getting the note upon entering Primm. I have most Sexout mods loaded (not Agent, Breeder, SewerSlave), some armor mods, Project Nevada, all DLC, Mikoto, Ohud, IMCNNV, some cosmetic mods for Cass and Veronica. Nothing shows conflicts with the Store.

If you need clarification or more info let me know.

I honestly have no idea what in that could be causing the problem. I'm going to update Store in a day or so to remove all the stuff that isn't directly related to the vendors, so maybe the problem with solve itself at that point.

Last update:

• Added the flags outside
  • Removed Covert Op
  • Addded a missing texture
  • Switched from a BSA to a FOMOD
  • Added the hostility code. Keeps them hostile once they've started combat with you. Fails quests when combat starts. Starts combat if you initiate a rape in the store cell.

I'm no Sherlock, but something in that list jumps out at me =P

I did also have some weird behavior by Rocket before I went in the first time - we weren't in combat, and I was standing above the store entrance trying to get Rocket to wait. When I tried to open dialog it said he was fleeing. There was no reason he would be, and was following like normal. I've never seen that before, unless a follower was raped, but that didn't happen.

Wish I had better info for you, hope you can track it down.

Yeah, the hostility code is almost certainly the problem. But the problem is I don't know what could possibly be triggering it. At the moment, there are only two ways:

• Start combat with Karrens or a vendor
  • Rape someone in the store cell

Since neither of you reported doing either of those, something else is triggering the hostility code, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

The flags are at half mast on Oct 23rd, if you haven't had reports yet.

Same Character that I used for testing earlier can now go in and talk to everyone and live. A free pass on Oct 23rd? I tried changing clothes and weapons, and couldn't get agro, I just wish I could remember what clothing I was wearing the 2nd time I went in. Maybe the guards get angry if you aren't wearing something the Store sells =P.

Another possibility is running out before actually getting into combat reset something, idk.

I've noticed that there are places in game where vanilla NPCs will get mad about a drawn or fired gun no matter who or what its aimed/fired at (dude at the Boulder Memorial is a good example). Its out of the blue, I know, but could this somehow be related? I know, I'm grasping at straws here. Just trying to help.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this helps, but as soon as the carnage starts for me, I'm getting infamy hits for an "R.S." faction that doesn't even show up on my list before that. And even entering the S.O. Bunker with the AI toggled off (tai), I'm getting a quest fail for "Knowledge is Power" as soon as I enter the main room.

As far as I can tell this issue seems to be caused by mod-based companions. I have some that are so persistent that they'll even warp into restricted areas (such as Caesar's tent) and won't stay put when told to wait or guard.

Maybe if there was a way to toggle the bunker NPCs' aggression?