hey guys, i have a little problem with simple slavery. I have the MCM menu and anything is working, but when someone is beating me down (simple slavery is triggered at 100%) nothing heappens. I get raped and then nothing.

what are you using to get sent to the auction? defeat?

I am also having this problem.

I have DA, Defeat, SS, and SD+

With SS set to 100% and nothing else, I still get raped whatever, but then I always just wake back up in an Inn. I have never once been sent to slavery.

Don't know what I need to do across all the mods to make them work together...

Does it require a fresh game?

Hmm...Make sure Defeat is the only thing registered for DA's blackout. You said SS was set to 100%, but did you remember to set DA to 100% in Defeat's settings?

hey guys, i have a little problem with simple slavery. I have the MCM menu and anything is working, but when someone is beating me down (simple slavery is triggered at 100%) nothing heappens. I get raped and then nothing.

I am also having this problem.

I have DA, Defeat, SS, and SD+

With SS set to 100% and nothing else, I still get raped whatever, but then I always just wake back up in an Inn. I have never once been sent to slavery.

Don't know what I need to do across all the mods to make them work together...

Does it require a fresh game?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this problem also and all i have is defeat with the Simple slavery, All that happens is the screen fades to black and pops back to normal with my character on the ground. No idea why its doing thatD: i also want to ask if the SS MCM menu is supposed to not have "Defeat" as a check off option in the settings

i think there's issues with the latest version of death alternative

first thing i'd suggest if the above don't work would be to try an older version of daymoyl

Hi, I know this discussion is mostly about Defeat + DA + Simple Slavery, which I can't say much about as I don't use Defeat. However, I'd like to add that I've been running Simple Slavery and Death Alternative 7 together for a while now and haven't encountered any problems with the just two together. Actually, Simple Slavery is the one scenario that always fires reliably for me, whereas some of the others tend to have some issues when my game is hitting its limits in combat.

There are I think a few settings on DA's first MCM page that can improve the transition into post-blackout scenes including Simple Slavery:

- set Perc. Health Threshold to 10% or 15%

- use Bleedout or None animations setting, not Ragdoll

- set Percentage Large Hit to at least 500% (which eliminates getting one-shot killed)

- increase Blackout Real Time Lapse to 5s or more, this will give complex scenarios like SD+ more time to run their scripts if your system is already running at or beyond capacity

- and of course don't forget to register your blackout scenarios in DA after starting the new game or adding a new mod with DA scenarios

I tried Defeat + DA 6 together in the past and found it a big hassle, my recommendation would be to pick one, Defeat OR Death Alternative, and drop the other one from your game. It is just that much easier to control, even if the two mods can be made to work together.

If you do really want to keep both DA and Defeat active, you must make sure that each mod is set up correctly to link to the other as jfraser pointed out earlier. Also, only one of the two mods must be allowed to monitor combat, so in a typical setup you will want to switch off Defeat's in-combat scenarios (all the "knockout, knockdown, weapon drop -> get raped" stuff) and let DA handle combat. Or you can set it up the entirely other way around, and use ONLY Defeat to handle what happens in combat and use DA only for the post-defeat scenarios.

I'm having this problem also and all i have is defeat with the Simple slavery, All that happens is the screen fades to black and pops back to normal with my character on the ground. No idea why its doing thatD: i also want to ask if the SS MCM menu is supposed to not have "Defeat" as a check off option in the settings

Defeat is not a slavery mod, so it is not included in the list of auction outcomes. Check your Defeat mcm settings. As I recall, SS is set to a 0% chance of firing by default, so make sure you increase that. I guess I should add that you need to make sure you have the latest version of Defeat. Obvious, I know, but you'd be surprised how often an old version turns out to be the issue.

first thing i'd suggest if the above don't work would be to try an older version of daymoyl

Hi, I know this discussion is mostly about Defeat + DA + Simple Slavery, which I can't say much about as I don't use Defeat. However, I'd like to add that I've been running Simple Slavery and Death Alternative 7 together for a while now and haven't encountered any problems with the just two together. Actually, Simple Slavery is the one scenario that always fires reliably for me, whereas some of the others tend to have some issues when my game is hitting its limits in combat.

There are I think a few settings on DA's first MCM page that can improve the transition into post-blackout scenes including Simple Slavery:

- set Percentage Large Hit to at least 500% (which eliminates getting one-shot killed)

- increase Blackout Real Time Lapse to 5s or more, this will give complex scenarios like SD+ more time to run their scripts if your system is already running at or beyond capacity

- and of course don't forget to register your blackout scenarios in DA after starting the new game or adding a new mod with DA scenarios

I tried Defeat + DA 6 together in the past and found it a big hassle, my recommendation would be to pick one, Defeat OR Death Alternative, and drop the other one from your game. It is just that much easier to control, even if the two mods can be made to work together.

If you do really want to keep both DA and Defeat active, you must make sure that each mod is set up correctly to link to the other as jfraser pointed out earlier. Also, only one of the two mods must be allowed to monitor combat, so in a typical setup you will want to switch off Defeat's in-combat scenarios (all the "knockout, knockdown, weapon drop -> get raped" stuff) and let DA handle combat. Or you can set it up the entirely other way around, and use ONLY Defeat to handle what happens in combat and use DA only for the post-defeat scenarios.

this is all good advice, thank you. I've never had too much difficulty getting DA and Defeat to play nice together. Just make sure Defeat is set to give DA 100% control of blackout (default is 50%) and that Defeat is the only option checked in DA's bleedout tab. There is a little clunkiness in the transition - the player will usually stand up after being raped and get attacked again briefly, which sometimes leads to a repeat Defeat sequence - but it seems to work for me 95% of the time.

actually i don't use defeat either and your settings nearly identical to what i already recommended to sd users(cept i don't mess with the large hit or bleedout settings, skyrimill does add those as additional recommendations for users with issues)- my problems with da 7:

• is it doesn't upgrade over a previous version so the save becomes corrupt if you already had version 6x and attempted to upgrade cuz sd suddenly required the upgrade to be compatible with the users who had chosen to upgrade
  • new games no longer activate the mod at all so its just sitting there occupying mod space and system resources

on the upside of it since da 7 chooses not to register itself anymore, i've left it as is and let cursed loot handle combat now so da really only fills the esp requirement of sd

So, you don't like DA7 because ... it requires a clean save?

Alright.

As for me, I trimmed my list of plugins and find myself with nearly no scenarios for simple slavery... All I have left are Captured dreams and wolfclub. Coincidentally enough, DA does provide with slavery scenarios, or scenarios that could support slavery. I really need to check out that falmer thing.

So, you don't like DA7 because ... it requires a clean save?

Alright.

As for me, I trimmed my list of plugins and find myself with nearly no scenarios for simple slavery... All I have left are Captured dreams and wolfclub. Coincidentally enough, DA does provide with slavery scenarios, or scenarios that could support slavery. I really need to check out that falmer thing.

that's true, and I thought about asking Bralor for permission to add those to SS, but I felt doing so would limit the DA outcomes.

Defeat is not a slavery mod, so it is not included in the list of auction outcomes. Check your Defeat mcm settings. As I recall, SS is set to a 0% chance of firing by default, so make sure you increase that. I guess I should add that you need to make sure you have the latest version of Defeat. Obvious, I know, but you'd be surprised how often an old version turns out to be the issue.

i've updated my Defeat and my SS trigger was set to 100% and it still has the problem, i guess i'll try adding another mod that could trigger itD:

i've updated my Defeat and my SS trigger was set to 100% and it still has the problem, i guess i'll try adding another mod that could trigger itD:

hmm...I can't say I've ever actually tested the defeat-SS connection, now that I think of it. I've always had DA.

What are the blank purple posters I keep seeing on walls in cities? Thinking they are not working right and if they're not important I'm going to start disabling them. Though I would ask about them first.

which texture did you choose when you installed the mod? Those are auction advertisements made by Content Consumer. If they're purple, the textures are not installing correctly

I'm having some trouble with the auctions. Whenever I get sent to one, I'll just stand on the podium without anything happening. I've got sent to auctions through DA and defeat, and it's always the same. I tried installing SLUTS and activating it as per the note, but this doesn't help either. Any advice? Thanks.

Do Simple Slavery used to provide an outcome for Things in the dark? If not anymore or never did, maybe it should :P

I do realize that third party mods can register themselves to SS, but I can't see TiD in the list... And the author seems to say that it should be available.

The mod: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2152-things-in-the-dark/

no, that was discussed a while back - the  author wants it to send to simple slavery, not from because he couldn't find an immersive way to think up the "pure falmer" coming to the surface to find the auction then paying the auction people with money used on the surface - tid is an underground race that either has no monetary system or its completely different from that of the rest of skyrim

if there's any possibility of somebody owing another person in tid or a surface dweller owing a substantial amount to the pure falmer, you could explain it (to the author) that a surface dweller could buy the player thru the auction then the player is given to the pure falmer as collateral for the debt owed

Wow, I thought I had TiD (and FtD, for that matter) on follow, but turns out I didn't. They've both expanded a lot! 

Del didn't want me to connect SS to FtD. I just pm'd him about TiD. My thought is TiD would be for slaves that no one wanted to buy, - they have a back door deal to sell rejects to the falmer.

Hello Jfraser,

I also have the missing poster textures issue (blank purple posters all over) but was never given any sort of texture quality prompt when I installed via NMM. Is there a different way I should have installed it/just re-download and hope it works this time or am I missing something?

Hello Jfraser,

I also have the missing poster textures issue (blank purple posters all over) but was never given any sort of texture quality prompt when I installed via NMM. Is there a different way I should have installed it/just re-download and hope it works this time or am I missing something?

just reload with the optimized textures

I understand this is an issue but I can't seem to resolve teleporting to your master for the SD+ outcome of Simple Slavery.  Every time I appear outside the Thalmor Embassy in irons.  I understand you wrote that you must hit the "End" key, I've tried the one on the keypad and the other just above the directional arrows on my keyboard but nothing happens.

One other odd occurrence, Simple Slavery seems to override SD+ in Death Alternative blackout outcomes.  I have Simple Slavery at 7% and SD+ at 40% and Simple Slavery seems to trigger frequently while SD+ has never triggered in this playthrough.

Appreciate a little help, please.  Thank you.