When is CBBE coming? Tools are out.

Past comments on their discord implied Caliente was losing interest and wanted see what the CK would bring to the table before resuming work on it. And as of a few days ago, there was some new activity on their github relating to Starfield, so I'm guessing interest is picking back up. Time will tell whether we'll see the tools available for Starfield or not.

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio

Edited by AceofWind

What I've seen is that Starfield more heavily relies on morphs rather than meshes for the bodies, likely for better vanilla body variance somewhat similar to Fallout 4. We might get higher poly body meshes, but shapes will likely still be based on morphs rather than meshes, so bodyslide probably isn't necessary, as ousnius stated.

In other words... We don't necessarily need Bodyslide, and CBBE is just a body mesh so... yeah. We'll probably get an updated/modified skeleton soon-ish is my prediction, at which point animations can really take off. And I'm sure there are other people already working on tackling the body issue. It might not be right away, but now that the CK is released I'm sure we'll see some interesting stuff in the next month or so.

1 hour ago, MysticDaedra said:

What I've seen is that Starfield more heavily relies on morphs rather than meshes for the bodies, likely for better vanilla body variance somewhat similar to Fallout 4. We might get higher poly body meshes, but shapes will likely still be based on morphs rather than meshes, so bodyslide probably isn't necessary, as ousnius stated.

In other words... We don't necessarily need Bodyslide, and CBBE is just a body mesh so... yeah. We'll probably get an updated/modified skeleton soon-ish is my prediction, at which point animations can really take off. And I'm sure there are other people already working on tackling the body issue. It might not be right away, but now that the CK is released I'm sure we'll see some interesting stuff in the next month or so.

we already have an extended skeleton lol

1 hour ago, MysticDaedra said:

Skeleton is already there (self-promotion! 😂)

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/8283

As of everything else, - correct, CBBE is not the end of the world. There is already VBB and CRT, actually, so it's not that there is no bodies at all (male ones go better state as there is Robert body port - again, by me 🙂).

Great work on the skeleton. ^^^

As for the body mods, if you are like me and can't even play the game without the "necessary" mods, I guess it would be best to force yourself to think the game itself came out when the CK came out.

There was and still is a severe lack of interest in starfield nsfw modding, because it reminds people of how FL4 modding works and not how it was with skyrim (my assumption). Which is a major drawback and main cause of concern.

I was really hoping for a cbbe body mod to appear because converting outfits from FL4 and even S:AE would've been so much easier and not to rely on paywalled nsfw mods on 10000 patreon accounts. 

Unfortunately, we won't get much nsfw mods in Starfield now or in the future. In fact I was more excited for CK and edit tools to pop out blindly having faith modders would go ballistic and pop out the mods but that ain't happening from the looks of it.

Better go back to FL4 or Skyrim, no point in ever getting high hopes for starfield modding.

2 hours ago, Vilkis said:

As for the body mods, if you are like me and can't even play the game without the "necessary" mods, I guess it would be best to force yourself to think the game itself came out when the CK came out.

There was and still is a severe lack of interest in starfield nsfw modding, because it reminds people of how FL4 modding works and not how it was with skyrim (my assumption). Which is a major drawback and main cause of concern.

I was really hoping for a cbbe body mod to appear because converting outfits from FL4 and even S:AE would've been so much easier and not to rely on paywalled nsfw mods on 10000 patreon accounts. 

Unfortunately, we won't get much nsfw mods in Starfield now or in the future. In fact I was more excited for CK and edit tools to pop out blindly having faith modders would go ballistic and pop out the mods but that ain't happening from the looks of it.

Better go back to FL4 or Skyrim, no point in ever getting high hopes for starfield modding.

Chillax dude.

It's been a week.

We didn't get sexlab until 3 YEARS after Skyrim was released.

12 hours ago, Vilkis said:

Just mod it into starwars and/or masseffect and enjoy the roleplay idk man, there is plenty to enjoy lmao

12 hours ago, Vilkis said:

I want whatever you're smoking. Something like SexLab is thousands of lines of code and can easily go into the hundreds of hours of work - but you want it all within a week of the modding tool releasing. Sure buddy, sure. Now pass the blunt.

12 hours ago, Allnarta said:

As of everything else, - correct, CBBE is not the end of the world. There is already VBB and CRT, actually, so it's not that there is no bodies at all (male ones go better state as there is Robert body port - again, by me 🙂).

excellent work, now all I have to do is figure out how to port unsheathing animations.

4 minutes ago, ag12 said:

I want whatever you're smoking. Something like SexLab is thousands of lines of code and can easily go into the hundreds of hours of work - but you want it all within a week of the modding tool releasing. Sure buddy, sure. Now pass the blunt.

lmaoooo fr

23 hours ago, Allnarta said:

Any chance you're applying your physics-fu to a female body mod?

1 hour ago, SnooperNoSnooping said:

Any chance you're applying your physics-fu to a female body mod?

CRT was made by a different modder, and the mod they are linking is just the default skeleton in game but with extra bones for modders.

I think we can manage without CBBE...

As long as we have Outfit studio and some version of BodySlide. Personally I think we should ignore the games morph system. Like FO4 we should set the char to 0 shape.

Also that animation blending they used. It really produces some ugly results and mostly needs to be turned off I think. You get legs trailing, hips pointing the wrong way. plus the npcs look like puppets. I think it can mostly be fixed. I want it to look smooth like Skyrim & FO4 did.

Edited by RohZima
On 6/13/2024 at 11:18 PM, Allnarta said:

My understanding is that neither VBB nor CRT use custom meshes, but rather custom base body morphs. I could be misunderstanding though. Regardless, excellent work! Things are slowly picking up pace :)

On 6/15/2024 at 1:33 AM, RohZima said:

I think we can manage without CBBE...

As long as we have Outfit studio and some version of BodySlide. Personally I think we should ignore the games morph system. Like FO4 we should set the char to 0 shape.

Also that animation blending they used. It really produces some ugly results and mostly needs to be turned off I think. You get legs trailing, hips pointing the wrong way. plus the npcs look like puppets. I think it can mostly be fixed. I want it to look smooth like Skyrim & FO4 did.

Fallout 4 really didn't pull away from the vanilla morph system enough. To this day bodies in FO4 don't look even remotely as good as Skyrim's do. I'd hope we skip FO4 entirely as technical inspiration and try to pull as much from Skyrim as possible.

On 6/15/2024 at 8:33 AM, RohZima said:

Personally I think we should ignore the games morph system. Like FO4 we should set the char to 0 shape.

I was thinking the opposite. Having looked at ABT, I'm thinking use morphs for everything. No need to make new meshes for bodies, and the engine picks up the morphs and applies them for you. To the outfits too, once new morphs have been copied over.

And we get natural integration into CharGenMenu too.

7 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Does the Vanilla body have enough polygons to make extreme morphs possible? We needed high poly replacers for the older games. Is this no longer necessary?

I would say overweight morph alone is extreme enough to see that answer is yes.

Can morphs alter the nipples? That type of thing, on the vanilla body. What will we need to customise our bodies in the way it's possible in Skyrim for example. I don't want 6 inch long nipples, but just knowing it's possible instils confidence that anything I try is possible.

I know I just got to wait.