Favorite PC game from your childhood

Jerbsinator

• 1 month later...

Command & Conquer immediately springs to mind when I think about games from my childhood; I played the original, Tiberian Sun, Firestorm, Red Alert, Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. Still have them kicking around somewhere and I like firing them up again from time to time. I was also a huge Total Annihilation fan, and Age of Empires I & II. They recently released Age of Empires II on Steam too! Other games include Heroes of Might and Magic II & III and Civilization.

Doom-1-.gif

Doom2_title.png

These two games spawned an addiction of PC gaming and of DOOM in general.  I love these games so much, I've bought every copy I can get my hands on.  I've had it on CD for as long as I can remember, plus I bought them on Xbox with DOOM 3, bought them on PS3 with DOOM 3 BFG edition, bought them on Steam, as well as bought them a second time on Steam with DOOM 3 BFG edition.  Pretty sure I'm forgetting other platforms I have them on.  God I love these games.  DOOM 3 was great, but you just can't beat the classics.

rogue.

i don't know how many hours my friends and i took turns killing shit in rogue.

who knew you could have so much fun killing ascii monsters on a computer monitor?

must have been why i love rogue-like and diablo type games.

either that or i'm a masochist.

This one

ski.gif

WOW! Holy crap that brings back memories... I used to play that in IT class haha.

UFO: Enemy Unknown.

Still a burner! Love to mod and play it even nowadays!

Love that game, though I slightly prefer Terror From The Deep.

The new X-COM has nothing on those old classics!

Oh, and who could forget...

bppy.jpg

xc43.jpg

T'was a simpler time...

Guest carywinton

Not from childhood, only one game existed that far back in the Neolithic age before Personal Computers, it was called Ricochet, I believe it would have been considered the very first console of sorts, predated Atari and Commodore by quite a few years, it even predated the Magnavox Odyssey which went into development in the late 1960s.

My favorite games of all time start with Neverwinter Nights, this is where my developing career and introduction to the world of Game Production and IT started. Next up would have to be the Half-Life series, I got involved with a bunch of crazy nut case developers on this series of projects and learned a great deal, by far the most I have ever learned in Game Production to date in a reasonable time frame came from The Aurora Toolset and then Hammer (Source).

Archived