To celebrate the 1-year anniversary of Backpack Hero's Early Access release, the rat girl Purse shall venture out to the dungeon... in the nude!
Simply put, this mod strips away the default outfit of the first playable character, Purse, to make her naked. Her signature red bow stays on though.
Alternatively, there's options to make her bottomless, bootless or even boots only, with blushing or not.

BackpackHeroNSFWPreview.png.2f1820c686b8225925fb422b21a3df92.png

You can download the mod here:

MEGA mirror: https://mega.nz/folder/nqYXiBiY#ZVNI5vEljeHyAZLKKlxx_g

Supports the first 2024 update: V1.0.970.1 - V1.0.1090.0 and possibly future minor patches.

I actually made this mod a few months ago but I got caught up with other things that made me so busy that I've forgotten about it, until I noticed the game got updated fairly recently.

Seeing how the developers are working on mod support and it's been exactly a year since the game got released in early access, I decided to take this opportunity to release my mod now as a funny way to celebrate the game's (EA) anniversary and to humour the fact that this might be one of the game's first mods before it even received proper modding support.

Edited by Catnatic
MEGA link now contains all versions of the mod including the latest one.

Official modding support has finally arrived, although it's currently available only on the testing branch:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1970580/view/3645154111865880328

image.png.173482ab59ef55406e451b0e9eb7d225.png

They have also provided documentary and support status as well:

https://backpack-hero.com/mods/

Modding support is limited to only items for now though so we can't do any form of scripting just yet, and I can't even do a simple texture pack either so you'd still have to use the patcher exes from the download here. I would definitely update and convert my mod into a proper modpack once the game supports texture packs soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

PurseWave.gif.fd3a841cf68d5bc69800bb9ea7181560.gif

Looks like the latest version of Backpack Hero has broken my mods.

Fortunately, I fixed them recently so you just need to redownload them to use them again... until the next update. Yay...

The reason why these mods break is because the installers patches the assets based on Path ID instead of File Name.

This is troubling because whenever the game updates, there's a chance the assets may have their Path IDs changed which can lead to the wrong files being replaced instead unless I manually recreate the installers for all eight of my mods which is a tedious process.

I wish UABE doesn't patch files that way but we have to put up with it until the game finally supports texture packs where I could just plop my sprite edits into a folder and the game would just load them.

1 hour ago, Wall of Knowledge said:

If you don't mind sharing (in DMs if need be), how did you mod the game? The mod's great, I'd love more lewd/nude outfit swaps for more characters, and I have experience spriting, but I wouldn't even know where to begin with trying to fiddle with the game files.

I use Unity Asset Bundle Extractor (UABE) to extract the sprites as textures from the "sharedasset" files, edited them with GIMP, and use UABE again to replace these textures with my edited ones.

Afterwards, I can either apply and save the changes to the edited "sharedasset" files or create a standalone installer so other people can automatically patch the files.

Theoretically, you could do this to any game running on the Unity engine.

Edited by Catnatic

The developers have released another update this month which broke my mods again... until now.

I already fixed them today so you just need to redownload them again if you wish to continue using them.

The devs did say this would be the last update for a while until the upcoming Story Mode (1.0) update so hopefully I don't have to manually fix it again too soon.

Anyway, this isn't really new but here's a fun little thing about my mods that I haven't mentioned before:

A self-conscious Purse would try to cover her bits with her tail while searching her bag, but a shameless Purse wouldn't~

mc_searchPackB.gif.c53cc51c8073831e615547c071531f85.gif  mc_searchPack.gif.9a2516b558bfd86b94e8d8a9c6ead259.gif 

Edited by Catnatic
On 9/16/2023 at 11:30 PM, Catnatic said:

A self-conscious Purse would try to cover her bits with her tail while searching her bag, but a shameless Purse wouldn't~

Genuinely enjoy little details like that, you just got a possible purchase to the devs, I'll check the game first, and thanks for the hard work, I know that UABE can be a complete bitch with some games.

Edited by Algene
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, flamecid said:

Catnatic, i used your images to create a topless version, i've checked it works and given you credit, i couldn't get the icon image to change though, feel free to touch it up and re-release it

Sure, I might include your edit the next time I update my mod which is likely when the game receives its next update. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 11:09 AM, flamecid said:

just a heads up, the full game dropped and i think the .exe files don't work anymore

11 hours ago, Algene said:

I hope you can update the mod when you have some free time @Catnatic, honestly enjoy seeing some pussy while organizing the backpack.

I'm aware that the game has received its 1.0 version update but I'm afraid I may not have time to update my mods' compatibility this month.

I'm sorry but I got important things to do for the time being. Though even if I do have time, I would rather wait instead because apparently there's a major issue with the Story Mode restarting progress which means there's going to be a patch soon that would break my mods again if I update them now.

In fact, the devs said in the latest announcement on Steam that there's going to be several hotfixes for the next few days so I better wait for them.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that a 1.0 release of a modern game needs patching, lol.

In the meantime, here's a rear view of Purse:

purse_cutscene2_bottomless.png.4cbdb8509278eade7c882c03c97562c8.png purse_cutscene2_nude.png.3529d749ae83416d0908b325d11908d6.png purse_cutscene2_topless.png.039e9980c6d67ed005f397dc630501eb.png

A couple of non-bag versions of Purse "use" and "idle" sprites:

purse_no_bag_use_nude.png.8b762355962d52b6607f392c9cddb73d.pngpurse2_noBackpackIdle_nude.gif.f37b0af61844bded4ad43c1a78367840.gif

And a town sprite of Purse:

lil_purse_anim_nude.gif.620d07658ba658f483ed2adbbcb7843b.gif

The original versions of these sprites were in the game's assets before the 1.0 build so I already made them ready for the Story Mode (if the rear-view and non-bag sprites are part of it, I haven't played the mode yet). I've spotted one new Purse sprite from the update that has yet to be lewdified which I might do first before updating my mods.

Edited by Catnatic
  • 3 weeks later...