DMRA in skyrim. i am a nifskope and blendar wizard

2pac4eva7

@ Silvist,

Baking new normal maps off the meshes is the way to go.

Bethesda used high-res models to get the detail.

We do not have their high-res models.

But we can bake them from the low-res, giving us smooth maps and then we could mix in any required fine details from their maps.

I'll send you some files. Check out my new maps.

Wait...so Bethesda down-scaled the models compared to what they designed during production? Why wouldn't they just pack those in the game as an ultra setting?

I'm guessing. Been a looong while since i read-up on them. That's how good normal maps were baked. Baking off low-res and touching up, gives poor results.

Because the clothes are a separate mesh and not an actual clothing layer on top of the base mesh. Each piece of armor/clothing will have to be manually updated to match a new base body mesh.

Now, I'm assuming to make the weight sliders work, there will need to be some minimum/maximum settings built into the mesh's skeleton, as well as each individual armor mesh. And the game will set each piece of armor worn to a thickness based on the weight slider's position on the scale.

Ignore my ignorance but what makes the mesh change to the default skyrim one when I put any clothes on the character? Shouldn't they just not properly fit?

When you are nude, game uses a nude mesh.

When you put any clothes/armor on ... game uses another mesh.

You are 'replacing' the nude mesh with another mesh.

If you want clothes/armor on top of nude body, someone has to add the nude body to all the other meshes (nifs).

Clipping will occur, so someone has to alter each clothing/armor mesh to not clip. A lot of work for some guy. ;p

I would say it would be better to create new clothes/armor for the body.

Now' date=' I'm assuming to make the weight sliders work, there will need to be some minimum/maximum settings built into the mesh's skeleton, as well as each individual armor mesh. And the game will set each piece of armor worn to a thickness based on the weight slider's position on the scale.

[/quote']

I'm guessing the range will be 'automatic'. Will be the difference between mesh 0 and mesh 1.

Of, course experiments will need to be done to see if the body/armor still looks good at max range.

EDIT: that reminds me, about the test files ... I forgot to copy hands mesh and rename to 1. That's why the slider was kicking into the old hand.

I'm new to this nif stuff. Any advice for the following:

I've added NiAlphaProperty to the hands, so that I can 'crop' the nails. What blend mode should i be setting in the flags ?

The alpha is working ok on the nails, but the hand texture is shiny in daylight; black indoors.

I've noticed today that heads seem a bit weird on the body' date=' do you think the proportions may be slighty off with the head and body? Not trying to pick, trying to help. =)

I am playing a Nord.

[/quote']

I used the default mesh proportions. I'll double check though, could be the cause of the bad animation we are getting.

Just checked. My model IS slightly slimmer, but nothing out of the ordinary. Have you looked at the screenshots i posted at Nexus ? Seems ok to me.

@ 2pac - When i extract Bethesda'a body from nif, it's at 1x scale ... and when i extract yours it's at 10x scale. Why is that?

Just checked. My model IS slightly slimmer' date=' but nothing out of the ordinary. Have you looked at the screenshots i posted at Nexus ? Seems ok to me.

@ 2pac - When i extract Bethesda'a body from nif, it's at 1x scale ... and when i extract yours it's at 10x scale. Why is that?

[/quote']

on every obj mesh for the body you have sent me. when i import it into blender it is only 10 percent of the size it should be. i always have to scale it up. no problem though that is easy. also, it sounds like you already figured out how add an alpha property to the nif. but if ur having texture problems, you will probably need to make the nails and hand seperate nitrishapes. i can do that for you if you want, add the alpha property, and then send it to you. let me know

Just checked. My model IS slightly slimmer' date=' but nothing out of the ordinary. Have you looked at the screenshots i posted at Nexus ? Seems ok to me.

[/quote']

on every obj mesh for the body you have sent me. when i import it into blender it is only 10 percent of the size it should be. i always have to scale it up. no problem though that is easy. also, it sounds like you already figured out how add an alpha property to the nif. but if ur having texture problems, you will probably need to make the nails and hand seperate nitrishapes. i can do that for you if you want, add the alpha property, and then send it to you. let me know

Yes, please. give me a hand !! ;)

Still doesn't explain why nifskope will export the nifs at different scale. But as long as it works it's all cool. :)

[/quote']

Still doesn't explain why nifskope will export the nifs at different scale. But as long as it works it's all cool. :)

it may nnot be nifskopes export system. it might be blenders import. but its probably nifskopes export lol

[/quote']

it may nnot be nifskopes export system. it might be blenders import. but its probably nifskopes export lol

i think its because blender is naturally set to 0.1 scale on exports not entirely sure why that is their default but my 3dsmax when it converts to blender supported files exports them to that scale. i think you can change the setting to 1.0 scale and save yourself time :)

Suggestion to deer Thor..

Bigger boob is always good!! But i think more "closer boob in both side" is looks good to other peoples. Don't you think?

If thight vagina is many peoples wish, than tight paizuri too peoples wish too. IMO. :D

Sorry. I'm so crude man. But I just write my wish. Forgive me. :blush:

Someone on the nexus made a lower body DMRA mesh with more visible holes. I ended up getting rid of it since I started using BDM, but it was a good mesh nonetheless. If it's possible to make that, it would be really good and realistic to the more realistic aesthetic of the game.

Guys, I'm loving the work so far, this is absolutely amazing. Keep it up!

On a different note...

I'm not holding my breath for the CS. From the announcements they made so far on that patch' date=' I got the feeling that it was pure bug-fix. My bet would be some time in January for the CS.

CS will mean adult only mods and the whole game content subject to random subversion. They probably don't want to make headlines with that kind of things before christmas.

Once they have reached their holiday season sales target for the game, then they can release the CS.

[/quote']

Sadly, this ^ .

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114495-Skyrim-Creation-Kit-Out-in-January-Goodbye-Backwards-Dragons

Nailed it.

Archived