DMRA in skyrim. i am a nifskope and blendar wizard

2pac4eva7

2pac' date=' You are the only DMRA modder that I would actually bet money on. I am really glad to see you already on it with almost nada for Skyrim modding tools out. With the new VORB style skeleton, I am hopeful that we will be able to apply BBB only to the mesh skeleton and all the clothes will follow without having to weight BBB meshes for everyone. I can't wait to see some real clothing mods and body types come out.

So I want permission in advance to apply anything and everything DMRA you come up with to my erotic clothes stores for Skyrim.

[/quote']

Haha u have my future permission. Im having problems with the mesh weights that im going to continue working on today. I will keep u guys updated

a worthy attempt' date=' but taking files from Oblivion to Skyrim is like trying to put Mario 64 into Battlefield 3.

[/quote']

Not really. We're dealing with Bones, Rigging, Weighting, and Meshes. All of which can (with time and effort) be exported, tampered with, scaled, and imported into another game.

I'm glad to see you here 2pac4ever. A vast majority of the mods I played with in Oblivion were your mods. Or other modders mods of your mods LOL.

Thanks for the effort man. Wasn't expecting a body replacer so soon in Skyrim. Keep at it man.

Guest wnxmegax

I must say I expected to see the first model edit for Skyrim to be something of HGEC, but I know how much this community loves DMRA ;) keep up the good work. RA FTW!

a worthy attempt' date=' but taking files from Oblivion to Skyrim is like trying to put Mario 64 into Battlefield 3.

[/quote']

Not really. We're dealing with Bones, Rigging, Weighting, and Meshes. All of which can (with time and effort) be exported, tampered with, scaled, and imported into another game.

I'm glad to see you here 2pac4ever. A vast majority of the mods I played with in Oblivion were your mods. Or other modders mods of your mods LOL.

Thanks for the effort man. Wasn't expecting a body replacer so soon in Skyrim. Keep at it man.

is anyone interested in converting the hgec textures? the body is pretty much ready

is anyone interested in converting the hgec textures? the body is pretty much ready

scratch that. the body is 100% ready. i got all the kinks and bugs worked out!

ScreenShot9.jpg

although im sure someone will find more. just waiting on the textures. if no one volunteers ill take a crack at it but i guarantee you guys they will look like shit

Gah. I'd love to take a crack at it 2pac4ever but I haven't even bought Skyrim yet. At this point I'm not sure where I'd begin. Are the textures needing to be remapped? Or can we use the same mapping as we had in Oblivion?

Assuming we can use the same mapping I'd think the smartest thing to do is to maybe take the skyrim textures and open them up and take the old textures for DMRA and use alot of the "clone" and airbrush tool to take all the pretty new skin textures from Skyrim and put it on the new texture.

I used to have an old copy of Photoshop but I've been using Gimp for the last few months to mess with textures.

Well done! Seriously, I was expecting it would take more time. Texturing is the next step, but I'm impressed!

Also, out of curiosity, now that the DMRA body is more or less set for an alpha release, do you think it would be possible to use the same process with the other oblivion mod body types? I'm not asking that you work on the other bodies as well, (though if you wanted to, by all means have at it) I'm just asking a hypothetical "If someone were to want to use another body type, do you feel the process you went through would be feasible?" sort of question.

Well done! Seriously' date=' I was expecting it would take more time. Texturing is the next step, but I'm impressed!

Also, out of curiosity, now that the DMRA body is more or less set for an alpha release, do you think it would be possible to use the same process with the other oblivion mod body types? I'm not asking that you work on the other bodies as well, (though if you wanted to, by all means have at it) I'm just asking a hypothetical "If someone were to want to use another body type, do you feel the process you went through would be feasible?" sort of question.

[/quote']

of course it would be feasible, its very doable. but its time consuming and i wont be doing it. (ill be working on armors next) but i would be happy to help and give advice to anyone else that wants to try. the process was pretty complicated and took me a while to figure out, and i wouldnt attempt it unless you are very familar with nifskope and blender or you may just get frustrated. but having said that, the best way to LEARN is to DO!

im amazed... what happens if you put armor on her? Does she default to the old body or does it stretch? Not sure how it would react with the whole new stretch to the mesh thing is supposed to be here' date=' but that may just be textures?

[/quote']

the sliders do nothing at this time.

One thing I'm seeing now that I recall happening when HGEC was ported to New Vegas; the neck seems abnormally long. Not that I expected otherwise, the head and body were never originally meant to go together anyway. There was bound to be some odd fitting.

The shoulder witch is more evident as well, and the forearms are noticeably screwed up.

That said, for less than two weeks into Skyrim, the fact a working port is this close to publishable is nothing short of a miracle. If this is what happens in 11 days, then the issues I mentioned should be child's play in the long run.

One thing I'm seeing now that I recall happening when HGEC was ported to New Vegas; the neck seems abnormally long. Not that I expected otherwise' date=' the head and body were never originally meant to go together anyway. There was bound to be some odd fitting.

The shoulder witch is more evident as well, and the forearms are noticeably screwed up.

That said, for less than two weeks into Skyrim, the fact a working port is this close to publishable is nothing short of a miracle. If this is what happens in 11 days, then the issues I mentioned should be child's play in the long run.

[/quote']

released an alpha version on the nexus. i just wanted to be the first one to do it :D. the mesh still needs lots of work. just relased it to prove it was possible already basically. im going to continue working on the mesh tommorow, and try to fix some of the problems you just listed. im aware of several problems i need to adress, but i wanted to release it as proof of concept. but i need to sleep now lol.

im already loling about some of the comments on the nexus...oh the ignorance. the ones that are so quick to critisise have no idea how to make mods work. it did get almost 800 views in 15 minutse though haha

One thing I'm seeing now that I recall happening when HGEC was ported to New Vegas; the neck seems abnormally long. Not that I expected otherwise' date=' the head and body were never originally meant to go together anyway. There was bound to be some odd fitting.

[/quote']

released an alpha version on the nexus. i just wanted to be the first one to do it :D. the mesh still needs lots of work. just relased it to prove it was possible already basically. im going to continue working on the mesh tommorow, and try to fix some of the problems you just listed. im aware of several problems i need to adress, but i wanted to release it as proof of concept. but i need to sleep now lol.

im already loling about some of the comments on the nexus...oh the ignorance. the ones that are so quick to critisise have no idea how to make mods work. it did get almost 800 views in 15 minutse though haha

Don't pay attention to those comments on nexus, you did a really good job with those meshes :) It was a breakthrough and those who don't understand that - they can go to hell.

1st post here. Had to register just for this :)

Great work!Very exciting!

Love to see Skyrim's first footsteps of modding progressing.

Hope this is not much to ask but...

Does it mean it is possible to import a Skyrim nif/model into blender ,change the shape around and nothing else?

For example, I want to make the Nocturnal's robe more form fitting by moving the vertices around and then exporting back out as nif into Skyrim?

Thank you in advance.

Will look much forward to your progress.

Wow... You are really the god of DMRA' date=' you took so much work onto your shoulders and u deserve the honour to be the very first one to release a working body mesh, even if there need to be fixes done.:heart:

[/quote']

Haha tthanks guys. Unfortunately I just realized I will have no time to work on it tommorow, but on Wednesday I plan on restarting completely from scratch and fixing all these problems. so dont expect an update for a couple of days. but now i must sleep.

you might help the skin some with ambient, diffuse, and specular color settings.

I have never owned fall out, ( any of them) so don't know the ends and out of the texture setting there.

Without Blender preferably, or nifskope UV editing, getting the texture just right, would really be a task.

This is really great stuff you are doing. I do hope that a Blender script er, makes and import export script soon. Then getting the textures you want will not be as great a task.

Guest wnxmegax

Hmm after testing your edit I see what you mean with the textures mostly the lighting on the model. Hmm these type of texture edits must be some piece of work to create. Though after testing the model it's self seems quite manageable keep up the awesome work. ^^

Archived