DMRA in skyrim. i am a nifskope and blendar wizard

2pac4eva7

EDIT: go to third page for latest update. the mesh is ready for release just waiting on someone to convert textures for me. any volunteers?

after several days of constant fiddling in nifskope and blender, i have come up with this. i managed to import the skyrim skeleteon into blender and adapt the DMRA body to it. this is far from release ready, as u can see by the pictures, but the point is, i got a newly rigged mesh to show up in the game. here is proof of what i have so far...

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

for some reason the body is see through. not sure why. and i have no idea why this happens, but when i take the boots off of my character i get this...

ScreenShot5.jpg

i dont know if there are any people on this forum with the experience to help me on this? if there are let me know. i just thought i would share my progress. and maybe someone could point out why its behaving in game the way that it is. ill continue working on it

a worthy attempt' date=' but taking files from Oblivion to Skyrim is like trying to put Mario 64 into Battlefield 3.

[/quote']

I have no doubt I will eventually get all the bugs sorted

That's the Spirit!!!! Hang in there, as it sure won't happen if you do not try!

One of my favorite saying's is:

"Few things in life are more satisfying than watching someone who says it can't be done, being run over by someone who is DOING IT!"

Unknown who the original author was, but props to him for it!!! :)

This is amazing. Not the first body I hoped to see make the leap, but the accomplishment in and of itself is huge.

So, is it affected by the body scale sliders at all yet? Or is it still too early? I imagine not because those look like pretty gnarly rigging issues going on, but then again, I could be wrong there.

Goddamn I am glad to see you here, 2p4e, your Temple of the Melons and T3BB are a mainstay in my Oblivion & Fallout installations. I feared the worse when I learned of your eviction from Nexus.

It's people like you who managed to bring back Apollo 13 after is was crippled through sheer force of will and determination.

Unfortunately, my skills in blender is limited to making odd cubes and mangling the vertices. So I'm going to stand on the sidelines and cheer you on.

Guest mayaktheunholy

OK long time lurker here, thought I'd chime in since I might actually be of some help (and I too have greatly enjoyed your work). I've managed to crush and mangle a few nifs here and there between oblivion and FO3 and NV, but that's about all I've done so I may not be much help, but maybe I'll mention something you overlooked...

The transparency issue: this looks like something to do with shader flags, probably Skyrim uses a new shader on characters and we'll have to wait on niftools to come out with an update, but you might try playing around with them in nifskope.

The mesh tearing issue: this likely has something to do with weighting, I don't know what to suggest here cause I don't know how you got to this point, did you do a bone weight copy or just parent the mesh to the Skyrim skeleton?

I could offer more ideas if I knew how you got this far, let me know if you want more input.

how does blender initialize the skeleton ?? have the nif script importer or exporter been fixed ?? I am currently only fiddling with niftools with the newer nif.xml who supports skyrim now, and that seem to work correctly.

This is amazing. Not the first body I hoped to see make the leap' date=' but the accomplishment in and of itself is huge.

So, is it affected by the body scale sliders at all yet? Or is it still too early? I imagine not because those look like pretty gnarly rigging issues going on, but then again, I could be wrong there.

[/quote']

havent tested that yet, but i doubt it

OK long time lurker here' date=' thought I'd chime in since I might actually be of some help (and I too have greatly enjoyed your work). I've managed to crush and mangle a few nifs here and there between oblivion and FO3 and NV, but that's about all I've done so I may not be much help, but maybe I'll mention something you overlooked...

The transparency issue: this looks like something to do with shader flags, probably Skyrim uses a new shader on characters and we'll have to wait on niftools to come out with an update, but you might try playing around with them in nifskope.

The mesh tearing issue: this likely has something to do with weighting, I don't know what to suggest here cause I don't know how you got to this point, did you do a bone weight copy or just parent the mesh to the Skyrim skeleton?

I could offer more ideas if I knew how you got this far, let me know if you want more input.

[/quote']

Well if you can tell me (pm or something) how u actually exported the model and opened it in nif scope I'll play around with it and look if I can find out something.

how does blender initialize the skeleton ?? have the nif script importer or exporter been fixed ?? I am currently only fiddling with niftools with the newer nif.xml who supports skyrim now' date=' and that seem to work correctly.

[/quote']

the nif scripts havent been updated. ill tell u how guys how i got to this point.

first, set your start up version of niskope to 20.2.0.7 if it isnt already under render settings general

1. i basically copy and pasted the skeleton one bone at a time the skeleton from the skyrim femalbebody_1 into a blank fallout 3 era nif. intially you get lots of errors with random numbers being inputted into values that are supposed to be 0 or 1, so i had to fix all these manually, and it took some time. i renamed all the bones i pasted exactly as they were in the skyrim nif.

2. i deleted the shader in the skyrim nifs nitrishape so i was only left with nitrishapedata, and the bsdismemberskininstance. and then copied the entire nitrishape branch into the fallout 3 era skyrim skeleton. at this point i was able to import it into blender. i ended up with this...

Capture.jpg

it only imported the individual vertices of the mesh, but thankfully, these vertices were still weighted to the skeleton.

3. i edited the DMRA mesh to line up on the seams with the skyrim one, and did a bone weight copy. the bone weight copy may be why i am getting some rigging issues, i will probably have to redo some of it by hand.

4. i exported it as a fallout 3 nif.

5.opened up the exported nif in nifskope, and converted the BSShaderPPLightingProperty that exports from blender, into BSLightingShaderProperty that skyrim uses.

6. then in the nitirshape block details, you have to set num properties to zero. it was initially at two. so then then only thing under nitrishape should be nitrishapedata and the bsdismemberskininstance. you can delete the material, but dont delete the shader. at this point it will say it has no uv data and u cant see it, but it is still there.

7. save the nif and reopen it. when u reopen it change both user version 1 and 2 to 12. and under the nitrishape data block details, assign the shader to "property link 1". these property links are not editable in user versions under 12. num properties isn't available in user version 12 which is why you had to do that when it was still user version 11.

8. then i opened a skyrim era nif, changed both user versions to 12, and pasted the nitrishape onto the skeleton. if you did everything right i dont think you will get any errors. (hopefully i remember all the steps i did)

9. I deleted the shader on my new nitrishape and pasted on the one from the original body just in case. This step may not be necessary but i did it anyways just in case. make sure it is assigned under property link one. delete whatever mesh was in the nif when you copied yours over

10. ur nitrishapedata will probably have normals, you have to set this to has normals "no" and change bs num uv sets to "1". Not sure if changing the num uv sets to one is neecessary.

11. in the bsdismember skin instance, i made all three of my skin partitions look exactly the same and had the same flags as a working akyrim nif, pretty self explanitory, i had to change some values and add some things. just make it look the same.

12. save the nif and re open it. once you re open it, you have to make sure user version 1 is 12 and user version 2 is 83. Dont know why but all my meshes just showed up as an exclaimation point unless user version 2 was 83 and number 1 was 12.

i believe thats everything, of how i got to here so far. i hope i didnt leave out any steps. i have some stuff to do today, but im going to try to get cracking on this some more this afternoon. ( its 10 AM here)

i would be willing to upload my nifs so far to let you guys have a look at them, and even upload my .blend file if the skyrim skeleton and weighted vertices to see if you guys can help. (its not the full sksleton, just the bones from the femalebody nif). i may try to import the full skeleton with every bone later. let me know what you think.

ill check back on this thread and try editing the nifs some more when i get home

oh and im using the version of nifskope and xml that throttle kitty posted in this thread

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/457148-graphics-modding/page__st__40

I had to use a proxy to get in because im ip banned -.- curtesy of vampire dante

Im thinking of sending throttlekitty a pm on the niftools forum. Because im really just shooting in dark here. I want your input!

UPDATE!!! i seemed to have fixed the shader issue. the mesh is no longer transparent. the odd shadows you see are just because im using the stock normal maps and _s and _sk textures

ScreenShot6.jpg

now i just need to reweight the body to fix the strange weighting issue and i should be good. im going to need someones help that is good with textures converting the hgec textures. as you can see i did a terrible job on that. i suck at anything .dds related. please let me know if anyoner would be interested in that.

Keep at it 2pac, it took YEARS for Oblivion to get to where it is today. Many of the newest blood to Oblivion modding don't understand how long the modding has been going to reach its current state. Even with this poor, mangled, well endowed soul you just help push the bar a little further up to where it needs to be. By god man at least your body there has nipples! How many half assed nude mods came out in week one that looked like Barbie dolls?

Kudos and beer to you sir! We know the quality of your work and we look forward to the eventual, if not distant, release.

Damn, I suck at textures too ^.^ But I know there are some Pro's on that forum that can do this.

How did u fix the shader Issue? I didn't had the time to indeep deal with what u've send me and the new nif structure. Once u've finished the Body mesh I'd like to start converting armors maybe we can split the work with it a bit.

I also thought about subsurfing the good old DMRA Body a bit (specific areals like vulva or nipples) to use the new engine and it's hardware efficiency a bit more, maybe to involve more details.

Amazing job, while the DMRA body might have been a bit over the top, it had some of the best armor replacers in Oblivion and I think it was the only one that had a player only armor replacer.

... Which makes me wonder, will it be easier in Skyrim to have player only armor replacers and body mods?

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

This is amazing. Not the first body I hoped to see make the leap' date=' but the accomplishment in and of itself is huge.

[/quote']

havent tested that yet, but i doubt it

OK long time lurker here' date=' thought I'd chime in since I might actually be of some help (and I too have greatly enjoyed your work). I've managed to crush and mangle a few nifs here and there between oblivion and FO3 and NV, but that's about all I've done so I may not be much help, but maybe I'll mention something you overlooked...

[/quote']

Well if you can tell me (pm or something) how u actually exported the model and opened it in nif scope I'll play around with it and look if I can find out something.

how does blender initialize the skeleton ?? have the nif script importer or exporter been fixed ?? I am currently only fiddling with niftools with the newer nif.xml who supports skyrim now' date=' and that seem to work correctly.

[/quote']

the nif scripts havent been updated. ill tell u how guys how i got to this point.

first, set your start up version of niskope to 20.2.0.7 if it isnt already under render settings general

1. i basically copy and pasted the skeleton one bone at a time the skeleton from the skyrim femalbebody_1 into a blank fallout 3 era nif. intially you get lots of errors with random numbers being inputted into values that are supposed to be 0 or 1, so i had to fix all these manually, and it took some time. i renamed all the bones i pasted exactly as they were in the skyrim nif.

2. i deleted the shader in the skyrim nifs nitrishape so i was only left with nitrishapedata, and the bsdismemberskininstance. and then copied the entire nitrishape branch into the fallout 3 era skyrim skeleton. at this point i was able to import it into blender. i ended up with this...

Capture.jpg

it only imported the individual vertices of the mesh, but thankfully, these vertices were still weighted to the skeleton.

3. i edited the DMRA mesh to line up on the seams with the skyrim one, and did a bone weight copy. the bone weight copy may be why i am getting some rigging issues, i will probably have to redo some of it by hand.

4. i exported it as a fallout 3 nif.

5.opened up the exported nif in nifskope, and converted the BSShaderPPLightingProperty that exports from blender, into BSLightingShaderProperty that skyrim uses.

6. then in the nitirshape block details, you have to set num properties to zero. it was initially at two. so then then only thing under nitrishape should be nitrishapedata and the bsdismemberskininstance. you can delete the material, but dont delete the shader. at this point it will say it has no uv data and u cant see it, but it is still there.

7. save the nif and reopen it. when u reopen it change both user version 1 and 2 to 12. and under the nitrishape data block details, assign the shader to "property link 1". these property links are not editable in user versions under 12. num properties isn't available in user version 12 which is why you had to do that when it was still user version 11.

8. then i opened a skyrim era nif, changed both user versions to 12, and pasted the nitrishape onto the skeleton. if you did everything right i dont think you will get any errors. (hopefully i remember all the steps i did)

9. I deleted the shader on my new nitrishape and pasted on the one from the original body just in case. This step may not be necessary but i did it anyways just in case. make sure it is assigned under property link one. delete whatever mesh was in the nif when you copied yours over

10. ur nitrishapedata will probably have normals, you have to set this to has normals "no" and change bs num uv sets to "1". Not sure if changing the num uv sets to one is neecessary.

11. in the bsdismember skin instance, i made all three of my skin partitions look exactly the same and had the same flags as a working akyrim nif, pretty self explanitory, i had to change some values and add some things. just make it look the same.

12. save the nif and re open it. once you re open it, you have to make sure user version 1 is 12 and user version 2 is 83. Dont know why but all my meshes just showed up as an exclaimation point unless user version 2 was 83 and number 1 was 12.

i believe thats everything, of how i got to here so far. i hope i didnt leave out any steps. i have some stuff to do today, but im going to try to get cracking on this some more this afternoon. ( its 10 AM here)

i would be willing to upload my nifs so far to let you guys have a look at them, and even upload my .blend file if the skyrim skeleton and weighted vertices to see if you guys can help. (its not the full sksleton, just the bones from the femalebody nif). i may try to import the full skeleton with every bone later. let me know what you think.

ill check back on this thread and try editing the nifs some more when i get home

oh and im using the version of nifskope and xml that throttle kitty posted in this thread

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/457148-graphics-modding/page__st__40

I had to use a proxy to get in because im ip banned -.- curtesy of vampire dante

Im thinking of sending throttlekitty a pm on the niftools forum. Because im really just shooting in dark here. I want your input!

Good to know about the skeleton. But i can imagine there still be problems. Since you have to do this twice. because of skeleton 0 and skeleton 1. I just hope they release this editor for skyrim quickly so we can see what has changed so drastically.

Niftools i got directly niftoolsforum, where everyone is actually working on real for it.

2pac, You are the only DMRA modder that I would actually bet money on. I am really glad to see you already on it with almost nada for Skyrim modding tools out. With the new VORB style skeleton, I am hopeful that we will be able to apply BBB only to the mesh skeleton and all the clothes will follow without having to weight BBB meshes for everyone. I can't wait to see some real clothing mods and body types come out.

So I want permission in advance to apply anything and everything DMRA you come up with to my erotic clothes stores for Skyrim.

Archived