I would like it if we, that is LL, could start seriously competing with Nexus

and one thing else: LL is not censoring my pics if I suddenly like to share them: the readers and "fans" can at once see what I do for a mod or what I create for them in an update...and a pic of a naked female is simply that, what it is: nice and natural. I would not do that on Nexus.

3 hours ago, t.ara said:

: LL is not censoring my pics if I suddenly like to share them: the readers and "fans" can at once see what I do for a mod or what I create for them in an update...and a pic of a naked female is simply that, what it is: nice and natural. I would not do that on Nexus

True.. One single Chapter of my Bullshit and I could kiss my Nexus Account goodbye ?

18 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Well, any kind of bull crap can cause that. Not just your "I smoke everything I find in the trash." bull crap.

I don't find it in the Trash! This old guy behind the super market gifts it to me :( A very nice old man, trustworthy and with an amazing beard too!

Alltho he does calls me Frodo sometimes.. And trys to grab my booty ?

18 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Sometimes I wish that here. It would teach some members to respect and follow site rules and watch their (dirty) tongues when replying to other members.

I wouldn't wish for that. Of course there are times were things get too heated up and words get called, I too write annoyed bullshit from time to time, but I agree with the Rules Part.  (But I never got attacked personally, so there is that. I understand that it's a different story for other People who got or get attacked on a personal level for whatever reason. )

The problem with LL trying to become the next Nexus is that paying for Nexus scale infrastructure requires a Nexus sized userbase.

Which means making the place a bit more welcoming to that segment of the population who take offense at the sight of a nipple, because the "horny" demographic alone simply isn't going to supply the numbers needed. So that means finding new advertisers (because the current ones would scare off the normies), and that means hiding the horny stuff away where it won't scare either the new advertisers or the new punters. And then the new, non-horny majority will start complaining about the sexy mods and the advertisers will back them up ...

It would destroy this place. Seriously. LL is as it should be. Nexus is the way it is for a reason. Let's not invite those same troubles here.

Edited by DocClox
Vor 4 Minuten sagte DocClox:

Das Problem mit LL, der versucht, der nächste Nexus zu werden, besteht darin, dass die Bezahlung der Nexus-Infrastruktur eine Nexus-große Benutzerbasis erfordert.

Was bedeutet, den Ort etwas einladender für jene Bevölkerungsgruppe zu machen, die beim Anblick einer Brustwarze Anstoß nimmt, weil die "geile" Bevölkerungsgruppe allein einfach nicht die benötigte Anzahl liefern wird. Das bedeutet also, neue Werbetreibende zu finden (denn die aktuellen würden die Normies abschrecken), und das bedeutet, das geile Zeug dort zu verstecken, wo es weder die neuen Werbetreibenden noch die neuen Kunden abschrecken wird. Und dann wird die neue, nicht geile Mehrheit anfangen, sich über die sexy Mods zu beschweren, und die Werbetreibenden werden sie unterstützen ...

Es würde diesen Ort zerstören. Ernsthaft. LL ist so wie es sein sollte. Nexus ist aus einem bestimmten Grund so, wie es ist. Lassen Sie uns nicht dieselben Probleme hierher einladen.

And actually, this fact should be clear to every halfway intelligent person.

Anyone who makes suggestions like the one who opened this thread must either live completely blindly through a world full of censorship
- a freely visible nipple -> released from 18 years of age
- on the other hand, blood and carnage with intestines hanging out -> released from the age of 16 or even 12 years of age
or
make a conscious effort to destroy this platform as it currently is
(The reference to the Nexus deleted mod gives me enough clues for the latter)

For those who wish some understanding, this thread posed the question about competing with Nexus mods.  Yes, there has been a bit of an exodus over their attempt to add more requirements for mod access, creation of collections which removed author rights as it were, and so on.  There is no arguing that.

But before answering the question the TOPIC AUTHOR posed in the title itself,  you may wonder why a topic was even made... besides the above current restrictions and rights removal so noted.  *If you wish to know the answer to competing, just skip to the bottom of my post.*

What spurred a member to create this thread was after reading news of a mod removed and the member banned.  Harsh?  Apparent at firs.  The announcement posted stated that administration would remove the mod anyway and give the member a warning. However, the news discovered by the TOPIC AUTHOR also contained more about the mod author and the mod author's intent.

To address the banning, which is what a lot of people want to focus on, the mod was uploaded by a sock puppet account (i.e. a newly made account by someone who already has an account on the site) and uploaded under the name "Mike Hawk". It was very clearly done deliberately to be a troll mod. The fact the user needed to make a sock puppet like a coward to upload the mod showed their intent to troll and that they knew it would not be allowed. Had they not been a coward and had they used their main account instead, we would have simply removed the mod and told them that we did not want to host it, only banning them if they reuploaded it again after being fairly warned. The creation of the sock puppet removed any doubt and made it a very easy decision for us. Both the sock puppet account and the user's main account have been banned.

The person who made the mod chose to create a second account, and create this second account solely for this one mod.

As a forum owner myself, this is something that is traditionally a NO-NO unless the owner of the second is actual staff using it for permission tests, integrating new features, or other forum work.  With years involved in forums and having to deal with troublemakers, I know that most anyone wishing to enter a board with a second account is doing so to hide their online identity.  And attempts to create additional accounts after ban shows stubbornness and a willingness to circumvent any common sense.  For that alone, secondary and tertiary accounts in many sites are flatly forbidden.

That they made a second account solely for this one mod indicates that they knew the mod was going to cause trouble. It was Gukahn that stated it best that the actions of the mod's removal was "clear and understandable from a business standpoint."  And only that the author knew the mod was going to be an issue would be why a second account which violated terms was even performed.  Make no mistake, there have been mods removed here for the same if not worse.  It was a mod that was meant for strife and unrest.

Before anyone asks my viewpoints, I am one who has viewpoints on BOTH sides of the spectrum. When I mediate or make judgement calls, I put politics aside and go on merits alone.  So do not try my patience with political garbage.  Throwing such is an excuse for bad behavior... I do not care which side of the spectrum you are on.

On the subject of competition, Panatronic summed up whether it would even be possible:

On 11/29/2022 at 1:14 AM, Pamatronic said:

Loverslab is a niche-interest site run by a single person with the help of 4-5 volunteers.
Nexus is a multi-million Dollar company which covers A vast array of games and have significantly more to offer if you not specifically looking for the very fetish-orientated stuff.

Panatronic basically cut to the chase.

It isn't that Panatronic ignored what many talked about, the discussion of the mod removed and its author banned, and the baggage that came along with the discussion.  He basically considered if "LL could start seriously competing with Nexus".  And for that matter, just consider two points and two points alone"

1. Does LoversLab have enough servers to contain as much content as Nexus mods for competition?    Answer: NO
  2. Does LoversLab have enough capital to purchase enough servers to begin competition?                  Answer: NO

I leave and let you consider that the question asked within this topic's title has been answered.  It is not possible if only on an economic status.  But even so, would anyone wish LoversLab to replace it and ... become another Nexus?

That should be enough.

Edited by LongDukDong

As something of an outsider to this topic, my two dimes would be...

I feel like things relevant to rivalry and other such between LL and other mod dispensing communities out there, notably this idea of "LoversLab Versus Nexus," could be considered profane to the website and to be avoided at this point?

Just for peace of mind, I mean.

Usually such conversations lead to heated exchanges (which are fine when in reasonable bounds) and then mindless fury (which is past a tolerable threshold, poison to the community for the community warries within itself.)

No need to get all jittery about that stuff no matter precedents pertaining to people, their creations and other often individual, personal "injuries" one might have, which can be shrugged off though perhaps leaving a scar on the way, mutual ignorance between two parties lead to a form of peace, everything needn't be a score to settle.

And yet people still get into fights and arguments that turn into frays of people just melee-ing away with their "clever," "mature," and holier-than-thou versions of "universal truths" and whatnot, I can easily see topics surrounding this theme starting crusades amongst users what with most people losing their wisdom, that may or may not have been there to begin with, and ransacking their keyboards to "be right on the internet" once on there... Emphasis on the "on the internet" part.

Most often, obviously the passion is fine, but the execution is less, thus I'd say less BS is best lest we forget the reason for our being here, and any such wheres and whences, at all: The mods, the asses, tits, pussies, sex, kinks - but most importantly Fun.

Why else would one wander around such a chaotic place as the internet in quest for a little tinge of something nice to add to their experience, to spicen up their staling fun?

For Fun! Capital F! Have Fun.

21 minutes ago, Idyll said:

For Fun! Capital F! Have Fun.

> Agree with you although having fun is submitted to numerous variations of interpretations. To some people, you are intelligent girl and you already know this, fun is when I hurt you using all kind of insults and offenses .... You can post the most innocent post someone ever posted and yet, there will always be scrooges who doesn't still Christmas only, but all fun you have, because:

Angry I Hate Everyone GIF

12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Agree with you although having fun is submitted to numerous variations of interpretations. To some people, you are intelligent girl and you already know this, fun is when I hurt you using all kind of insults and offenses .... You can post the most innocent post someone ever posted and yet, there will always be scrooges who doesn't still Christmas only, but all fun you have, because:

Angry I Hate Everyone GIF

Haha, naturally there'll always be the troubling some who love to go out of their way to spoil posts with their... Different, own versions of "fun," but that doesn't matter as everything has its place and shouldn't interfere too deeply with other, different things if so it is enforced.

The thing here is that this manner of topic tends to light fires in people who'll then light pyres, of what I've seen these are rather volatile topics...

Trolls be trolls. Sure people can like infuriating others and even I agree it can be fun sometimes but there are better and less "dangerous" settings for it and this isn't exactly a topic where much can be done about preventing it since it often turns into, like, a battlefield or something. Contemporary people are too close to their emotions when discussing and tend to let themselves be controlled by them, making them kegs of powder, prime targets for snickering rascals to spark hostilities.

And then come the hurling of either covert or straightforward insults as well as mutual pitying and people ramping their heads up their own rumps and refusing to consider other sides or diplomacy at all no matter how deeply they are seated in their own perceptions.

Failing to stick to the factual rather than the emotional fails most of these harmless seeming topics (which I recognise are rather sensitive, in truth, to communities of gamers willing to vocalise their sights.)

6 minutes ago, belegost said:

Is it weird that I can hear this picture?

Heh. Not weird, on my end I hear my papa's impressions of the character haha.

There is no way this can happen, OP, because LL is a extension of the Nexus, and they follow the same ideologies. Both site owners are LGBT radicals, so this flag mod would be removed from LL as well. 

Also, the site would need a large structure to host all mods in the Nexus, which would cost a lot of money. 

Vor 55 Minuten sagte Wolfstorm321:

Das kann auf keinen Fall passieren, OP, denn LL ist eine Erweiterung des Nexus und sie folgen denselben Ideologien. Beide Seitenbesitzer sind LGBT-Radikale, also würde dieser Flag-Mod auch aus LL entfernt werden. 

Außerdem würde die Site eine große Struktur benötigen, um alle Mods im Nexus zu hosten, was viel Geld kosten würde. 

Given the vocabulary, I'm wondering what a self-confessed racist and hater of gays and transsexuals is doing on this site
and on the other hand, why he has already written more than 1/2 thousand posts?
*sarcasm*

Vor 5 Minuten sagte workik:

:classic_huh:Was ist das?

These are, for example, people like me who stand by the fact that they are gay (lesbian) and don't let stupid-stupid Nazis ban them from their mouths.
That alone makes us "radical" people in the eyes of the misanthropes...
.. for them everything is radical what they themselves reject and don't disappear into "nirvana" when they call them.

One should note that right-wing networks - sponsored by the super-rich - alone in Europe this year about 250 million dollars was put into media and internet campaigns against "trans" people!
The consequences can be seen, for example, in my home country D-Land - a massive increase in attacks on these people, ranging from serious bodily harm to murder - and even their graves are still desecrated.

And that's exactly why I regard the opening of this thread as an attempt to sabotage the "shop" from the right.

Vor 19 Minuten sagte Heroine HoneyCrotch:

Ihr verrückten Linken-Rechten seid wieder dabei. Es wäre scheiße, mit einer Gruppe von Menschen in einen Topf geworfen zu werden, damit man eine andere Gruppe von Menschen hassen kann. Ich weiß nicht, du schaffst das? 

bullshit
these people hunt people like me - not only on the internet but also in real life.

So in your opinion, as a victim of this racist misanthropy, am I to blame for it myself?
What kind of human image is that?

So my starting point is this: I ask myself were I a decision maker at Nexus, what would I do?

As a business: exactly what they did.

Should Nexus avoid creating the next iteration of Gamergate, no matter how small, and simply making the wise business decision? I would.

I wouldn't support any mod or mod author who deliberately erases trans representation in a game, and what of it anyway? It's a couple of flags. Lots of people display flags like these in real life, why shouldn't the game have them too? Don't you like immersion in your games?

Why would someone take the time to do such a thing? They do it to recreate a game experience that's more to their own liking, just like all the mods do. If other people want to recreate their game that way, that's up to them but surely you wouldn't expect a private business to adapt their values in either culture or policy, to support something you don't believe in, which is exactly what Nexus did. And as Nexus says, if you don't like it, you're free to download mods somewhere else. Their statement was a tactful way of saying "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

EDIT: removed hypothetical scenario since it wasn't necessary to illustrate my point and may have upset some.

Edited by LT12Gauge
On 11/29/2022 at 9:16 AM, geekyraptorstudios said:

then the decision is clear, LL shouldn't cater to that audience, nor should it have to. we come here for adult mods, let's not try to be a site that is as sterile and generic as Nexus.

I'm not sure how sterile and generic they are. They also have 15/16/18+ content (depending on where you live) that blatantly sexualizes video game characters. Just one example:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7485

On 11/29/2022 at 9:17 AM, geekyraptorstudios said:

not to mention soulless. Nexus is downright evil, just look at the flood of modders who took down their content.

What was at the root of that? Was it that Nexus was profiting off the mods and not allocating supporter funds to mod authors in a fair way?