>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

Well at least their downloads don't come with viruses.  I highly recommend some malware bytes to anyone who is new to this website.

From the look of things you got it fully backwards. Darkone even admitted he did not know what to do about it. But apparently there was some user able to infect the nexus by doing that he was able to steal users id and password and was uploading viruses that infected even more users who downloaded the mods uploaded by this hidden users.

Then darky accused mod Organizer author of the virus and some other users even though it was his own incompetent to fully protect the nexus that caused this outbreak in the first place.

Nexus was never a safe place that is why everyone advices to use noscript and add block when viewing nexus.

This. And for the record, I've never gotten a virus from here since I've been here. With the Nexus, I've seen two virus fiasco since I created my account here. Here? None to my knowledge. I don't understand where the accusation of this site hosting viruses is at. Nor the evidence of it.

Well at least their downloads don't come with viruses.  I highly recommend some malware bytes to anyone who is new to this website.

From the look of things you got it fully backwards. Darkone even admitted he did not know what to do about it. But apparently there was some user able to infect the nexus by doing that he was able to steal users id and password and was uploading viruses that infected even more users who downloaded the mods uploaded by this hidden users.

Then darky accused mod Organizer author of the virus and some other users even though it was his own incompetent to fully protect the nexus that caused this outbreak in the first place.

Nexus was never a safe place that is why everyone advices to use noscript and add block when viewing nexus.

This. And for the record, I've never gotten a virus from here since I've been here. With the Nexus, I've seen two virus fiasco since I created my account here. Here? None to my knowledge. I don't understand where the accusation of this site hosting viruses is at. Nor the evidence of it.

For once i completely agree with you.

Even if you don't agree with me, you're still a good guy in my book. :P

But on topic, I've been doing searches galore on this too, and I haven't found ANYTHING. Anyone know what they're talking about?

But why are you quoting me ?? it was identity who was accusing loverslab to house viruses i only pointed out that he got that backwards and it was nexus where all the viruses was being spread. And darkyOne was acusing modders to spread the virus yet it was a simple add that caused the mayhem in the first place.

LMAO! :lol:

Nexus Mod Manager is, in and of itself, malware. :P And they Nexus has infected many, many machines around the world with various bad stuff. Just recently as well. I don't think anyone has ever gotten an infected file from good ol' LoversLab, though.

So nice try, Nexus lackey, but no cigar.

But why are you quoting me ?? it was identity who was accusing loverslab to house viruses i only pointed out that he got that backwards and it was nexus where all the viruses was being spread. And darkyOne was acusing modders to spread the virus yet it was a simple add that caused the mayhem in the first place.

I was replying to you saying I agree and him saying I've no idea what he's talking about.. :P Sorry for the confusion.

I recommend Malware Bytes to anyone who uses the internet ever since you know, every site is capable of hosting viruses.

And also, never gotten a virus from here.  And I've never gotten one from Nexus but Nexus has had 2 virus fiasco incidents. 

Oh and Dark0ne constantly begs for money. There's that, which is annoying. 

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1674003-low-res-smoke-v1/page-7&do=findComment&comment=14536918

A pretty cool mod. I wish I could download and use it. Actually I did and as soon as I opened the file my Antivirus picked up on a virus that was attached to the mod. It corrupted the SKSE so I am reinstalling the SKSE and the CK because of the Scripts folder. The CK and the SKSE both add a Scripts folder and since this virus messed up my SKSE I am reinstalling anything that the SKSE affects. This isn't your fault. A hacker attached a virus to your mod. I am just pointing out the facts. This isn't the first time this has happened to me. One day a mod can be perfectly fine the next day a virus might be on it. I am just lucky that my Antivirus is good enough to pick up on these kind of things. Anyways I am endorsing your mod and I will try to download it again in a day or two once I see that my SKSE is working right. 

Really?

post-95254-0-19624900-1399466339_thumb.jpg

If you pay I can understand but free, no point complaining about something free. Only thing see being wasted is time. Off surfng internet, watching tv

or playing something else instead staring at Nexus screen. Have nothing complain about since cost me nothing. :s If have problem with Nexus

than go to another website search. 

Am I a bad person for liking NMM? @_@ I was watching gopher test mods and ya...i like having everything sooooo....sooooo...nice @_@

Maybe not a "bad" person, but an ill advised one at the very least. ;)

Check out Mod Organizer. It does everything NMM does plus a whole host of other things that you won't be able to live without once you have them. Plus it keeps your Skyrim folder clean so it doesn't get fubar'ed and need reinstalled.

Just had a good reason again not to use NMM. This reason were two mods which contain scripts with the same name, but they do something different: The Race Compatibility script (which pretty much everyone must use who has a custom race installed) and Werewolf Mastery. Both mods make changes to the werewolf turning script, and if you want Werewolf Mastery to work, you must place it after Race Comaptibility in the install tab. How you place the esps however has no effect on that specific problem, because the script is always there - the RC script just does different things then that of WM.

Wrye Bash (is what I'm using) is showing me even before the actual install if these problems would occur. Same goes for textures, meshes, animations - simply all files that would overwrite or be overwritten by other mods. Its install tab is incredibly useful. As far as I'm informed, MO has that functionality as well. NMM however (at least judging from the the last time I saw it, which admittedly was a long time ago) has no such function due to its simplified user interface. But the again, it is not really simple or making mod management easy. Because it's hiding these problems.

I'm a big fan of simple interfaces, but only when they are not faking simplicity but actually make usage easier. When they let you run blindly into problems they're shit. Why Gopher is using NMM is beyond me. Especially when considering the fact that he takes enormous care of his Skyrim installation.

The choice of the mod manager has nothing to do with "bad or good people". Why the heck are people reacting so huffy when the Nexus and their software is being critisised?

Wrye Bash (is what I'm using) is showing me even before the actual install if these problems would occur. Same goes for textures, meshes, animations - simply all files that would overwrite or be overwritten by other mods. Its install tab is incredibly useful. As far as I'm informed, MO has that functionality as well. NMM however (at least judging from the the last time I saw it, which admittedly was a long time ago) has no such function due to its simplified user interface. But the again, it is not really simple or making mod management easy. Because it's hiding these problems.

Yup, Mod Organizer also has that functionality. It's one of the many things it does that I now, after using it a while, wouldn't want to lose. It just makes modding easier and more effective with fewer hidden issues. I can see every single conflict between mods and MO even offers suggestions on how to fix them.

Guest Ragna_Rok

huh? what do i read here? virus incident number 2 on ne... n-n-nee- ... xxxxxx xx ... uu... oh, fuck it, i dont even wanna spell that shit-fuck-site anymore.

so, more virus from dork-1, eh? ... didnt know about it. nice to know that fucknut is as incompetent as ever ...  :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, folks it's potato Sunday at Nexus! :lol:

I've got a computer that needed "freshened up" and got returned to it's factory build state. So, needless to say, after a TON of updating (and having a problem getting SP1 back into W7) and having it set it up all fresh and secure, I want to install Skyrim on it. So I figure that while I'm waiting for ol' Skyrim to download I could try getting some of my go-to mods downloaded from Nexus and have the archives ready to install. But NOOOOOoooooo! :@ The servers all turned to spuds again, dammit!

If it ain't Steam it's Nexus. :dodgy:

Guest Ragna_Rok

LMAO! :lol:

Nexus Mod Manager is, in and of itself, malware. :P And they Nexus has infected many, many machines around the world with various bad stuff. Just recently as well. I don't think anyone has ever gotten an infected file from good ol' LoversLab, though.

So nice try, Nexus lackey, but no cigar.

aaaand infected file from me. my shit is always clean. if not, its another fucking source, but i as a modder hate shit like that. the file? nope... the fucking dl-manager... GO FOR FUCKING MANUAL INSTALL!!! JEEEEEEESUS!!!!!

It seems some of those mirrors on Nexus are bogus. If I click London 1 or 3, it's always fast and done in a minute. If I click London 6 or 2, and sometimes 4 and 5 it takes a minute before the download button comes up and can take an hour. May have gotten the numbers mixed up, but my point is made. I usually knock if won't instantly offer the download, that I've got the wrong download mirror. I always do the manual download, that goes just fine for me.

This new automatic server handling sounds very jewish to me...it looks like yet another attempt to force people into going premium(I'd rather be shot in both kneecaps) and making the site pay4download. Is there a way to still be able to choose which server you want to download instead of the site forcing it on you?

edit: lol service unavailable fuck you nexus

Actually, there seems to be something good about the new implement if you're using download manager. I used to get the line hung up after three minutes no matter what server I go (there's a way to continue from where I left off though). Now, I can just chuck it and sit back till everything is downloaded. Just DLed a 150+ Mb mod just now. Any bigger mod will have to wait.

Edit: Nexus just went kaput. This time there's no maintenance page we so love... I wonder if someone pulled the plug.

This new automatic server handling sounds very jewish to me...it looks like yet another attempt to force people into going premium

I think it's an attempt to establish some kind of load balancing system (which will be the official Nexus statement). My unsophisticated guess however is that they want to keep the users from choosing the servers that worked best for them in the past - which are the performant ones which are the most expensive ones. To reduce traffic on those is what R. Scott most likely would want.

Apart from that you are now forced to use regional servers, depending on where you live. I live in Europe, so I must use the London server most of the times now - which is a pain in the neck. At least today.

But that may also be due to the usual weekend Nexus Traffic Overload Titanic Syndrome.

This new automatic server handling sounds very jewish to me...it looks like yet another attempt to force people into going premium

I think it's an attempt to establish some kind of load balancing system (which will be the official Nexus statement). My unsophisticated guess however is that they want to keep the users from choosing the servers that worked best for them in the past - which are the performant ones which are the most expensive ones. To reduce traffic on those is what R. Scott most likely would want.

Apart from that you are now forced to use regional servers, depending on where you live. I live in Europe, so I must use the London server most of the times now - which is a pain in the neck. At least today.

But that may also be due to the usual weekend Nexus Traffic Overload Titanic Syndrome.

The only good part about this that I can agree with is that the Download Manager support is back right where it should be. The problem that may arise is that I might get assigned a server that gives out "unknown data blocks". I got that pop up from my download manager a few times where the data obtained from the server doesn't fit the file I'm trying to DL and the entire process stopped dead in its track. Not sure if it's a corrupt warning or there's something there that nobody should know...

Archived