>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

Low-end pop-ups pay out at about 15 cents U.S.  Consider that Dark0ne gets maybe 3000 clicks on a good a day.  All of those free members clicking on page after page, 24 hrs a day.  That's 450 bucks.  I don't think his crap servers cost 450 dollars per day.  Then you could always charge 60 to 80 bucks for a 'premium' membership that doesn't do anything more than a free one...that and you can ban premiums and KEEP their money...and you never really have to offer a service anyway, he doesn't...the servers would have to work in order to GET SERVICE.

Funny that Dark0ne and his crew are quick to call pirates 'thieves' but THEY are not 'thieves' for keeping the cash of banned premium members or NEVER PROVIDING IMPROVED SERVICE TO BEGIN WITH.  Got charged for it, never received it.  If that isn't thievery, I don't know what is.  Here in the U.S. people do Fed time for that.

I've been thinking on this for a while and I have to ask: Is it just me or is the Dallas server just outright gone? They have a Dallas 3 stuffed at the top labeled "PREMIUM" but where the hell did Dallas 1 and 2 go? I remember not even a month ago that they used to be there, albeit always stuck under the "Sync in progress..." section. It's not a horrific thing to have happen to me, but seriously, what the hell? It's the closest server to me and I would like to use it, but all that's left are the multitude of Salt Lake servers. If they purposefully took it down, then why?

Low-end pop-ups pay out at about 15 cents U.S.  Consider that Dark0ne gets maybe 3000 clicks on a good a day.  All of those free members clicking on page after page, 24 hrs a day.  That's 450 bucks.  I don't think his crap servers cost 450 dollars per day.  Then you could always charge 60 to 80 bucks for a 'premium' membership that doesn't do anything more than a free one...that and you can ban premiums and KEEP their money...and you never really have to offer a service anyway, he doesn't...the servers would have to work in order to GET SERVICE.

Funny that Dark0ne and his crew are quick to call pirates 'thieves' but THEY are not 'thieves' for keeping the cash of banned premium members or NEVER PROVIDING IMPROVED SERVICE TO BEGIN WITH.  Got charged for it, never received it.  If that isn't thievery, I don't know what is.  Here in the U.S. people do Fed time for that.

Thanks for your answer !

Man ! And this guy is only 24 ?! I'd like to be a modern thief like him and stab people in the back by keeping their money after banning them !

Btw, is it cool to be an asshole ? Maybe I should ask him !

I had formerly been of the opinion that the "mysterious" DDoS attacks were flights of fancy trying to deflect attention from poor server maintenance issues off to outside influences. And hell, they damn well could be, but something nags me about this guy.

I like to think that I am a good judge of character, but my experience limits that to actually meeting someone face to face. I'm of the mind that Douchebag is the appropriate word. Well, at least it's a start.

Salt Lake and London for me.

London!?!? You can actually get that mirror to do anything?

I must have tried it 50 times or so, since it's the closest mirror to my location, but it has just sat there untill it timed out and failed every single time.

Salt Lake 2 is the only safe bet for me.

Salt Lake and London for me.

London!?!? You can actually get that mirror to do anything?

I must have tried it 50 times or so, since it's the closest mirror to my location, but it has just sat there untill it timed out and failed every single time.

Salt Lake 2 is the only safe bet for me.

I can. All London mirrors are doing well enough for me. A couple of the Salt Lake mirrors tend to be a slow starter. Otherwise, nothing really bone breaking. Also, those mirrors are nowhere near me since I'm living in the South East Asian part of the world.

Perhaps they have divided the servers per region to avoid a large people from overloading a single one? It could explain as to why some work for individuals and why they fail for others. 

Maybe. Now I'm trying to use Salt Lake servers N10+ as they are the only servers that seem to work for me.

Pretty soon it will be down to 1 server for everyone and take a week to get one download. I use to use whatever server had the highest number and it was rarely close to me nor was it usually even in the states most of the time I usually went with London even when it had a lower number then the rest.

I would avoid any dll files, executables (*.exe) and packed BSAs unless you unpack and have a look into them.

Scripts (*.pex) may be harmful as well. However, I cannot say how acute the danger still is on the Nexus. I just think they should focus more on the security of their users instead of masturbating on their huuuuge hammer.

I would avoid any dll files, executables (*.exe) and packed BSAs unless you unpack and have a look into them.

Scripts (*.pex) may be harmful as well. However, I cannot say how acute the danger still is on the Nexus. I just think they should focus more on the security of their users instead of masturbating on their huuuuge hammer.

You know what people say about people having a huge hammer ?

Archived