>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

Guest Omega1084

I think it's always been optional. But to be honest you really DON'T want to automatically update mods. That can cause some serious issues and actually break you game. I've needed to reinstall because of it. NMM sucks balls. It's horrible. I guess it's OK for newbs to get started on, but once they see it's flaws it's time to abandon it for something better. Mod Organizer comes to mind. ;)

I don't use a lot of heavily scripted mods, what I use the most is texture replacers and weapon additions, etc so I can easily update stuff with NMM, the mods I know have scripts I can always update manually. I do like the NMM because everything it overwrites it keeps in a backup folder and returns once that mod that overwrote things is gone. It's a pretty helpful thing since I don't trust myself with remembering what is what and why it's there.

But yeah, WyreBash is awesome too. P:

To answer the OP, though.

No, they're clearly run on leftovers from a Lays factory.

NMM doesn't always replace stuff that's been removed, though. It can, and often does, leave holes in your game. It's done it to me. It seems inevitable if things are being added to you Skyrim directory and removed. The only way to ensure it doesn't happen is to not actually add things to the Skyrim directory then remove them. It's why Mod Organizer kicks ass. It never actually adds anything to the Skyrim folder at all. It runs everything outside of it in a virtual directory so removal can't break you game and your Skyrim folder remains unmolested forever. It does a lot of other cool things, too, like allowing you to have multiple game saves running different sets of mods.

The ONLY thing I use NMM for is load order for Skyrim.  It is otherwise 2.42 MB of wasted space on my PC.  I don't use mod managers in general.  I dislike BSAs because I tinker too much with game files to have them packed away.

Concerning Nexus being down again and it not being their fault...well, YEAH it is because Dark0ne shops for the cheapest service he can get.  He's probably gearing up right now for his annual Summer vacation in Greece, and we all know how cheap and reasonable Mediterranean trips are... :dodgy:   Hey, it's not like he's NOT going to go and the money spent on servers and his forum is better spent on sipping Uzo and getting rogered in the ass by Greek sailors.

Way back in 'the day' a friend of mine used to hitch-hike across Europe every summer.  One year he brought back a bottle of some really high dollar Uzo that had opium flakes in it.  He just waltzed through customs with it, declared it an everything.  Anyway we drank that vile shit in one sitting.  I haven't drank Uzo since.  And I doubt Dark0ne goes to Greece for the Uzo..(wink-wink-nudge-nudge).

I like how everyone here is an expert at running a site with literally 10s of millions of users.

Yes yes, I know LL is the refuge for people who like to think they've been "victimized" by Nexus, but seriously, stop acting like its not doing better than almost any other site of its type ever has.

There was a major problem a week or so ago on the Oblivion Nexus, that made it literally impossible to download things for ~24 hours...and you know what? I reported it and moved on with my life.

But coming here to whine about how shitty Nexus is and how ~obviously~ they are just blithering incompetents is dumb.

So, how long have you been on their staff?

Guest Lehshara

I like how everyone here is an expert at running a site with literally 10s of millions of users.

Yes yes, I know LL is the refuge for people who like to think they've been "victimized" by Nexus, but seriously, stop acting like its not doing better than almost any other site of its type ever has.

There was a major problem a week or so ago on the Oblivion Nexus, that made it literally impossible to download things for ~24 hours...and you know what? I reported it and moved on with my life.

But coming here to whine about how shitty Nexus is and how ~obviously~ they are just blithering incompetents is dumb.

LMAO >.<

derpy_hoves_awesome_face_by_wakabalasha-

Mallard u made my day...<Somehow> sy7a0x.png

The better question is, how long ago she/he made that post?

Guest endgameaddiction

Off topic. Is VGU dead? Or is the serves just been down for days? Since yesterday all I see is Error 404. And the reason why I ask if it's dead is I remember the admin requesting donations to help fund the site as he wasn't working at the time.

The better question is, how long ago she/he made that post?

Yeah, a year a such a long bit of time, that the post is no longer relevant. We all know that.

Guest Omega1084

It's an MMO.

I don't think you're allowed/able to mod those beyond the UI.

Then again, I'm not very savvy on the subject.

Guest endgameaddiction

You can mod MMO. The difference is that only you the user can see it. I forgot the term used for it. I remember many people replacing bodies for nude replacers and got all paranoid if others could see it on their side of the PC or most of all the staff or GM (game masters). Only way someone can see someone else's character nude is by them adding it as it replaces everyone of that races body. MMO isn't all that savvy to mod because the only things you can do is replacers; meshes, textures and animations. And no technically you are not allowed to mod MMO games. Or so it seemed to Square Enix, but at the same time it doesn't do any harm. The only real harm against these devs are when the cells are being replaced causing you to run through a wall (haxorized cheating), which then can go to the wrong peeps and utilize this method to cheat to claim some form of creature or something that requires your ass sitting there for hours and killing the place holder and waiting for what everyone is competing for to spawn.

This subject rules out SIMs or any other lala land MMO or what ever it's considered to be called.

Guest Omega1084

So like user-end modding where you just replace your textures/meshes/blah is okay as long as it's just aesthetics, because only you see it and it doesn't affect anyone else. Server-end stuff that changes the world within server however is illegal.

Or.. that's how I understood it anyway. ^^;

Archived