>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

Guest Ragna_Rok

I would agree with you, but aren't most Germans taught English almost since birth? English is nearly Germany's native language these days, isn't it? You learned English for a good reason. But there's no incentive to learn German here in the States (not even for me, whose family is mostly German with some German speakers in it). Here we teach kids Spanish so we can deal with the influx of tens of millions of illegal Mexican immigrants! :lol:

americans dont have german lessons because theyre too stupid to learn our sophisticated beautiful language.

oh, and ps:

Free-smack-in-the-head.jpg

It is weird though learning people language if they are not from that country Germans in Germany are not really forced to learn English if they don't want too. Unless they travel abroad where English is an native language then they should learn that language others who travel to Germany should first learn that language if they want to live there i thought it was like this everywhere ??

I am not going to be forced to learn a language unless it is in my interest to do so.

Tourist are different since they will not really live there. Where i am really from most Islanders do know many languages as do i but sometimes if i am not really in the mood i will only speak my native language, and refuse to speak that of others. :D I just act like i don't understand and walk away.

I would agree with you, but aren't most Germans taught English almost since birth? English is nearly Germany's native language these days, isn't it? You learned English for a good reason. But there's no incentive to learn German here in the States (not even for me, whose family is mostly German with some German speakers in it). Here we teach kids Spanish so we can deal with the influx of tens of millions of illegal Mexican immigrants! :lol:

americans dont have german lessons because theyre too stupid to learn our sophisticated beautiful language.

oh, and ps:

Free-smack-in-the-head.jpg

Through some study of language I learned that English and German originally WERE the same language. Of course, between eons of seperation and then having Romans conquer the British Isles and mixing their Latin into the native languages there the two languages divulged. It's why some words are still nearly the same and English shares many of the harder sounds it has with German, while most Latin languages lack those harder, more throaty sounds.

Honestly, here in the US we have no reason to learn any more German than bier, bratwurst, Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche. :lol: But Germans have plenty of good reasons to learn English. English may not be "the launguage of the bedroom", but it most certainly IS "the language of the boardroom". ;)

It is weird though learning people language if they are not from that country Germans in Germany are not really forced to learn English if they don't want too. Unless they travel abroad where English is an native language then they should learn that language others who travel to Germany should first learn that language if they want to live there i thought it was like this everywhere ??

I am not going to be forced to learn a language unless it is in my interest to do so.

Tourist are different since they will not really live there. Where i am really from most Islanders do know many languages as do i but sometimes if i am not really in the mood i will only speak my native language, and refuse to speak that of others. :D I just act like i don't understand and walk away.

I guess most non-Americans wouldn't understand why Americans tend to not be fluent in many languages. If you're in Europe there are a few other languages being used all within driving distance, it just depends what direction you start driving in. That's simply not the case here. America is a very large country and we all speak the same language. In fact, between the US and Canada we have an absolutely massive continent covered almost entirely with English speaking denizens.

I live in the state of Pennsylvania. If I had to learn another language to converse with the people living in New York (or another neighboring state) then I would. But I don't....except for the Mexicans. :lol: And in that regard I have it covered anyway since I can speak Spanish quite well and can read it even better.

Guest Ragna_Rok

tbh my english is so good thanks to a french chick... :D

French girls accent is hot. :D

oh boy... when they speak german they sound soooooo hot... and cute... and naughty... all at the same time... full jackpot :)

Guest Ragna_Rok

its just hard to nag about nexus when its down so often... i mean the last days were really nexus-free, no? at least i couldnt access anything at all for days, just one lousy pm cost me like dozens of tries. if anyone is the kinda guy that kicks someone laying on the ground already, go ahead...

never thought id ever say that, but... im ... uh ... kinda ... ehm... i ran out of "nags" ... no insult left. ... weird. i couldnt even enter the forum today, wanted to make some stupid stuff there... then i tried again, this time it worked, and the place was empty. chat? nope... posts? nope... do they have "company-vacations" or stuff like that there???

Guest Ragna_Rok

His royal highness with beloved:

And a little kinkier:

OBOpjeD.jpg

oh fuck, that one made me laugh so hard... it would be totally worth to waste an account just for posting it on nexus :D

ps: jeeez, i didnt notice the "nexus medal" before... nice detail, respect :)

German schools force their pupils to learn between 1 to 3 foreign languages depending on the type of school and state and many offering to teach you even more so the kids can communicate with people from other countries and cultures so they don't grow prejudices and certain things that happened roughly 70 years ago don't repeat themselves.
Guest Ragna_Rok

German schools force their pupils to learn between 1 to 3 foreign languages depending on the type of school and state and many offering to teach you even more so the kids can communicate with people from other countries and cultures so they don't grow prejudices and certain things that happened roughly 70 years ago don't repeat themselves.

nice... just an addition: we are an export-nation. we buy ressources cheap, make aweseme stuff from it, and sell it with profit. both require to deal with other nations, so we can negotiate the fuck out of them. basically the same that the usa does, except we use our brains and look smart, and not our army and look imperialistic :D

back to nexus nagging... anyone liked the articel i posted a little up and shopped dork-1's ugly visage in it?

Well that did not help much what have they negotiated when NSA released his ugly head ?? only world leaders no longer be spied on what about citizens too ?? If they negotiated that part too then language would have helped. Me i still would refuse to speak a language if not in my own interest and if the mood is aggreedible. :P

His royal highness with beloved:

RZyCgrX.jpg

And a little kinkier:

OBOpjeD.jpg

oh my god i think poor Kate would puke when she sees that picture. :P

Really ?? this is new to me. they force this too in my country when i asked a question like why should i learn there language and they don't learn ours, what is the point ? they walked away and never answered my question. In the end i did not need to learn that language if i did not want too. But now they seem to have forced this through again.

But you can't really force this even if we need to learn this in school in real life you luckily still have the right to chose whether to speak or not to speak it. Like i did. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Really ?? this is new to me. they force this too in my country when i asked a question like why should i learn there language and they don't learn ours, what is the point ? they walked away and never answered my question. In the end i did not need to learn that language if i did not want too. But now they seem to have forced this through again.

"Forced" in the sense of "mandatory subject", whether you actually "learn" to speak said language is another question. However because you can eventually drop out of school if you under-perform in two subjects or severely under-perform in one subject you are encouraged to learn at least the basics.

Along the German-French border are even several bilingual gymnasiums (German academic high school) and getting an A-level from one of them allows you to study in other countries without having to pass a language test first.

Dunno why you wouldn't want to learn another language besides being a stubborn child that would rather play around than studying; in hindsight I wished I had paid more attention in school.

Yeah, a moldy one. Too big for it's own (jack)boots, Nexus. Flakier than a leper convention, and run by people who don't seem to like people even a little bit - beautiful.  

Also 16 out of their like 25 Download servers are in Salt Lake City, which makes zero sense because thats in the middle of the fucking desert, when a majority of people who play skyrim live in Europe, Asia, and East Coast of USA, also South America. There are some people out in Western USA who play Skyrim, but not like we do out here in the South East. I get so hype when I play Skyrim that one time I actually killed a dragon in my yard. No lie. Actually, I might have been on acid but thats besides the point. FUCK NEXUS

Archived