>.> are the nexus servers run on a potatoe?

Dude500X

NOW he is posting that MODS and NOT site traffic burden his bandwidth.

(...)

Okay, BITCH...instead of simpering like a nine year old little girl why not cull all of those bullshit mods?  They're sucking your bandwidth...or so you claim

My thoughts exactly. There are TONS of pointless noob mods on the Nexus only getting in the way if you're looking for something -- like all those high-definition-my-ass retextures, many still from Skyrim early days when there was no tools and the site was getting flooded with coin retextures -- why the fuck not implementing some sort of quality control?

Guest Ragna_Rok

... s and the site was getting flooded with coin retextures ...

:blink: coins... anyone ever made a septim retex, on the screenshots it just looks like a septim with a golden nexus logo instead of a dragon, but if you turn it around 180 (which of course you dont see on screenshots) ... it has a swastika on it? would be kinda awesome :D

this is a joke... that fucking piece of shit is down... again? still?? ... good news though: the "maintenance"-screen quit the strike... welcome back, screen :)

the awesome thingy is, i needed that screen for a later retexture of the "ragged clothes" ... now i got it :wub: YAY! :wub:

here, i share with you, your most favorite desktop background :)

attachicon.gifnexusmaintenance.jpg

ps: true words, headshot, true words.

edit: there was a small thing i still cut out from the jpg... updated it ;)

post-27790-0-38500000-1390741260_thumb.png

HURRDURR

Unfortunately it's too low res :dodgy:

Guest Ragna_Rok

nice ... but my approach will be different. im gonna move that to the crappiest piece of fucking shit i can find in the game (most likely the standard "Ragged Clothes"-kinda-crap). why, you might ask? now this is quite simple, because the nexus is the crappiest piece of fucking shit i can find outside the game.

and ... yes, i know .... im awesome :D

NOW he is posting that MODS and NOT site traffic burden his bandwidth.

(...)

Okay, BITCH...instead of simpering like a nine year old little girl why not cull all of those bullshit mods?  They're sucking your bandwidth...or so you claim

My thoughts exactly. There are TONS of pointless noob mods on the Nexus only getting in the way if you're looking for something -- like all those high-definition-my-ass retextures, many still from Skyrim early days when there was no tools and the site was getting flooded with coin retextures -- why the fuck not implementing some sort of quality control?

Although you might not see it, I think its pretty obvious. Assessing a mod's quality is inconsistent. In fact assessing the quality of any possible product has been a difficult task to do. Unless you can create an guideline which covers all the possible categories the modding community will use, theres no point in wasting effort.

I remember a similar suggestion regarding youtube. Why wouldn't they delete videos such as videos created by the 'Replygirls'? That's because its hard to place authority over quality. However part of the problem run to us, the viewers, downloaders… Basically the consumers. Mainly the replygirls were able to dominate youtube for a while because they abused the system, but also us males (looking at you, horny teenagers) keep on getting hooked by the thumbnail.  We encourage the creation of these 'crap' quality products by actively 'consuming' it. I can't be bothered to list the examples, you get the point.

Basically my point is that there are shit people on this Earth and that's why there are shit contents.

Also to add up it seems that the quality of these products are linear with the age. Meaning that if a site is more dominant with teenagers or even younger, theres bound to be shit content than good content. This is a flawed theory but it might explain some unknowns. Like religion m'kay.

Guest Ragna_Rok

just wanted to add that there are also those that just started modding. in that case id go for "cut the fellow some slack"... but only if you can see the work improving. if you start somewhere small, and then learn more and more (like, lets say, finer uv-mapping, better handling of meshes, or also stuff you as a mod-user might not notice, like improved setup of the nifs, better balance of stuff in ck) its okay if your first things arent that good.

at this point its best if you have some more skilled guys backing you up, like "nice start", "you could check this.." ... here, maybe this tutorial can help you... etc, instead of flame-wars on rookies' backs.

then again, the spirit is something that you can easily see develop over the content uploaded. i simply hope that those with a certain passion dont drop their hobby just because of a couple of bad comments... its a pain in the ass though to find good guys / teachers.

at this point kudos, hugs and a dozen "likes" to nexus's "KettleWitch" ... Thx mate, youre awesome! Now move your stuff over here, i know youre sneaking around here once in a while ;)

Although you might not see it, I think its pretty obvious. Assessing a mod's quality is inconsistent. In fact assessing the quality of any possible product has been a difficult task to do. Unless you can create an guideline which covers all the possible categories the modding community will use, theres no point in wasting effort.

I do see it, but no one says it has to be perfect. You can do as simple thing as auto-remove the mods with very low ratings after a period of time and the majority of crap is gone. Would it have swept some good but unpopular mods in the process? Possibly, but when your site is flooded with shit and on top of that you have to constantly reanimate it due to traffic problems, it's not uncalled for.

I wouldn't say the analogy with yt is accurate; completely different site, completely different purposes. Simply viewing a mod, for example, does nothing aside from producing traffic.

Now that you've suggested the solution, I wonder why the admins are still trying to avoid responsibility…? First NMM and the DDoSs, and now this.

Are we talking to humans? I'm starting to get confused at the lack of understanding displayed at the nexus.

Guest Ragna_Rok

*hijacks* Ive been promoted to "Project Member" and have the honor to be part of the Atronach-Forge of Dark Creations "Beyond Skyrim" :blush: ... any other modder that has some spare time and would like to see regions like Highrock, (Parts of) Cyrodiil, Morrowind, etc realised should take a look over there, after all we folks gotta stick together :)

post-302208-0-64308800-1390746333_thumb.jpg

*/hijacks*

sorry folks, hope you forgive me :angel:

To be honest: This sunday LL reminds me quite a lot of the Nexus server-wise. I don't know how often I repeatedly wrote a message with basically the same content to a LL member just because evevry time I tried to send the pn, the SQL server fucked up. T-shirt anyone?

Why is it seemingly impossible for admins - not only here, but basically anywhere - to announce downtimes if thy don't occur unexpectedly, but are due to server maintenance? Why is it so hard to mention at least the risk of server failure because it's sunday and everyone is downloading and the server capacities are insufficient? Which is no problem just say it so one can use alternative communication channels like mail or the like.

Having a hard time just because getting some fucking pn on the road is impossible while you need the communication because you're working on a mod and need to ccoperate with your partner is a major annoyance. Stop that, please.

Also, it's called spell check, use it.

Trying to troll or are you a dork like the descritption above your avatar says it?

Btw: I'm talking about me using alternate means of communication, not any of you. And concerning the spell checking: Right now I'm typing in a dimly lit room with a keyboard on top of my lap, just like I did when I wrote the post before this one. But if you like a test for correct othography: We both should do that in each others native language, shouldn't we? Let's see who is better: I at english or you at  german.

To be honest: This sunday LL reminds me quite a lot of the Nexus server-wise. I don't know how often I repeatedly wrote a message with basically the same content to a LL member just because evevry time I tried to send the pn, the SQL server fucked up. T-shirt anyone?

Why is it seemingly impossible for admins - not only here, but basically anywhere - to announce downtimes if thy don't occur unexpectedly, but are due to server maintenance? Why is it so hard to mention at least the risk of server failure because it's sunday and everyone is downloading and the server capacities are insufficient? Which is no problem just say it so one can use alternative communication channels like mail or the like.

Having a hard time just because getting some fucking pn on the road is impossible while you need the communication because you're working on a mod and need to ccoperate with your partner is a major annoyance. Stop that, please.

Remember, Ashal pays for the site himself. Unlike the Nexus which is heavily paid by premium users.

Remember, Ashal pays for the site himself. Unlike the Nexus which is heavily paid by premium users.

I didn't say: Make the site run like Google, and pay for it all by yourself, Ashal.

I said: Pleeeease - with a shitload of sugar on top - announce downtimes or mention server probs. I'm fine with it. Be it a week or a month. No prob here. Not at all. Take your time. Do what has to be done. I'm FINE with it. Place more ads on the site - I'm fine with it. Throttle download speed - I'm fine with it.

And please, folks: Cope with criticism. People here are always bitching about the insufferable criticism allergy of guys like R. Scott (Dark One), but only once you criticise this site, the same shit happens over here as well. Not by the admins, I admit. I mean: Look at corespores posting. Speaks volumes. Not to mention his arrogance. Orhography is really not my problem.

Even on it's worst day this site runs better than nexus does at it's best.

What's your problem, mate? Got banned and can't cope? Get over it. I'm not a Nexus fan myself, and I, probably just like you, am pissed off by Scotts built-in criticism firewall. But that doesn't make me go on a Nexus hate spree for the rest of my days.

Nexus at "it's" best (may check your grammar there) works well. The problem with the Nexus is that it is no longer at its best.

Guest Ragna_Rok

oh for fucks sake, guys, calm down.

Sorry Ragna. I can't stop laughing at this, it's like watching a kid drop his ice cream and burst into tears. :lol: . Anyways i'm done watching the craven throw his tantrum, i got to finish this new sword model anyways. 

lemme put it in other words then...

Free-smack-in-the-head.jpg

Now that you've suggested the solution, I wonder why the admins are still trying to avoid responsibility…? First NMM and the DDoSs, and now this.

Are we talking to humans? I'm starting to get confused at the lack of understanding displayed at the nexus.

Dork0ne is a textbook example of a narcissus with superiority complex who uses the Internet to fulfill his dream of being important and infallible, he'd rather eat a dog turd than listen to anyone. Call him on his shit and he's quick to delete posts and dish out bans because otherwise he cannot argue his way out of his own statements (as my recent conversation with him clearly displayed). He has principles, PRINCIPLES, which means people who talk about sex in the chat must be instantly and permanently removed from the community while all the vanilla resized HD re-textures must remain on the Nexus till The Second Coming - because it wouldn't be RIGHT to remove them.

ratrace, on 26 Jan 2014 - 5:19 PM, said:

I don't know how often I repeatedly wrote a message with basically the same content to a LL member just because evevry time I tried to send the pn, the SQL server fucked up. T-shirt anyone?

Use a notepad?

Guest Ragna_Rok

Use a notepad?

now thats a fucking checkmate. first thing you learn when you upload a mod somewhere, spend quite a while coming up with a nice description, and then the server, your provider, your pc or any other factor says "naaaaa, fuck you :D" and you have to rewrite the stuff. :)

Try what i do. if the site is running slow or get sql error. before sending the message use your mouse to target the message you typed hit CTRL + C to save it, then if the site crapped out hit backspace to go back a page usually the message is still there then send again if not hit CTRL + V to paste the message then send again,

But you are right, today is the first time loverslab actually became very slow and usually unresponsive. But it is weekend so more users on-line will do this. But when i check there is over 600 users who are guests.. So they could be clogging up this forum even more.

Keep in mind I just got the SQL warning when I hit the quote button! :lol:

It's the weekend and the Nexus has been down most of it. Every other mod site across the web will get increased traffic as a result.

Also, it's called spell check, use it.

Trying to troll or are you a dork like the descritption above your avatar says it?

Btw: I'm talking about me using alternate means of communication, not any of you. And concerning the spell checking: Right now I'm typing in a dimly lit room with a keyboard on top of my lap, just like I did when I wrote the post before this one. But if you like a test for correct othography: We both should do that in each others native language, shouldn't we? Let's see who is better: I at english or you at  german.

I would agree with you, but aren't most Germans taught English almost since birth? English is nearly Germany's native language these days, isn't it? You learned English for a good reason. But there's no incentive to learn German here in the States (not even for me, whose family is mostly German with some German speakers in it). Here we teach kids Spanish so we can deal with the influx of tens of millions of illegal Mexican immigrants! :lol:

Archived