Mod Ideas

for

Conan Exiles

conan_exiles.jpg.0d6093347297e41bc467e93ca535068c.jpg

Official Conan Exiles Wiki (fandom.com)

Conan Exiles on Steam (steampowered.com)

In this new thread I will be exploring new ideas for mods to create for the game "Conan Exiles." Feel free to post your own ideas as well.

Hello. Welcome to my new thread. I just started play Conan Exiles for the pc and I have got to say I am pretty impressed. Now I think gamers have mixed reactions to this incarnation of the series because it is not a conventional game. There are not a lot of story moments, nor is there a clear direction in which to go to in the game. Perhaps that's not the case in "Isle of Sipta" but i wouldn't know yet. But at any rate I can tell you that for what the game actually is, its brilliant. 

Its a survival game marketed to role players. you start out crucified in the broken desert where Conan the Barbarian stumbles upon you and decides to save you from the cross. A sandstorm blows in as he leaves and you must escape the desert on your own. From there you make your way to the river and must scrap together a shelter, find food, find resources and eventually build a respectable home somewhere in the wasteland of the exiles lands. You must do all of this while defending yourself from hostile natives and other more desperate exiles. There are a few dungeons in the vanilla game but they are pretty minimal in my opinion. I really wish there were more.

With the lack of linear progression or intuitive direction it is a perplexing game for players use to platformers and action games. What Conan Exiles does though is immerse you in a detailed open world fantasy setting and style of Robert E Howard's Conan novels. The stories are quite good by the way. However you might feel about the author, you must admit, he sure can write. Anyway, in this game if you acquire enough resources you will have a robust building system at your disposal. With it you can build much more then the meager shelter your probably made at the onset of the game. No. If you have the stone and timber you can build towns, farms, fortresses, even full blown realistic castles. And you don't have to dither around in them alone of course! The thrall system allows you to enslave hostile npc's to perform different jobs like being guards, farmers, crafters, or your naked dancers! With these tools you can build up an entire community, and thus find it much more simple to explore the rest of the exiled lands and dungeons. You can also play online against other clans to compete for resources and wage tribal wars. 

This game is a great resource for role players but even more so, its an awesome opportunity for modders. And speaking of which, the game is extremely easy to mod and there is already a large community of mods at your disposal on the steam workshop. You wouldn't believe the stuff that's on there. Its just incredible! Custom weapons, custom building themes, custom armor, new hairstyles and body models, building accessories for your interiors, bdsm slave equipment, and the thing with the most potential of them all, "Pippi's user and server management system." With this you have even more control then you do with the admin panel that the developers used to test the game out. You can also create a system of currency and create quest like in other role playing games such as World of Warcraft!

Steam Community :: Conan Exiles

Edited by SlaveHunter311

Golden Axe mods

218881040_beastrider.jpg.5a21d51a87bf53d013dde5c76959c204.jpg

The genre of Sword and Sorcery is something you see less and less of these days. It makes me want to time travel back to the 80's, almost. Maybe it's because were become too liberal to have fun in America now, or too prudish. Or maybe its because Hollywood refuses to produce another Conan move that isn't trash to renew the franchise. Hard to say. Sword and Sorcery might be dying out, but you can still harken back to the good old days by playing classics like Golden Axe 1-3. Or the troubled Beast Rider edition of the game. That game was riddled with problems during development and during it's inexplicably incompetent reception by IGN. Its not perfect. Its certainly not what Secret Level planned for it to be, but it was a decent game you actually could enjoy playing if you didn't impressionably decide to hate it before tying it out. I will admit some of the beast controls need a tune up though.

However you feel about the game, it didn't fail to deliver an excellently brutal reimagination of Yuria-the world of Golden Axe. The visuals and the music create quite the fantastic setting. The combat system, probably needed some more tweaking but it did force you to make quick decisions to counter your opponents and either win or get clobbered. I know most people would rather just button mash their way through like god of war but I am a HEMA fencer and I like the game of chess you play with your opponent. Golden Axe Beast Rider made an imperfect but still stimulating attempt swordplay. And I happened to enjoy it even the first time I played it. It kind of reminded me of Soul Calibur with its deflections.

Enough reminiscing though, let me get to the point. I fondly remember Golden Axe Beast Rider. Its a brutal sword and sorcery story just like the world of Conan takes place in. And I think we should tare a bunch of assets from this game and insert it into Conan Exiles. Exiles is meant to be modded liberally and many assets of Beast Rider would fit into Exiles like a glove. Come on it will be fun.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider | Golden Axe Wiki | Fandom

Golden Axe: Beast Rider Download | GameFabrique

Custom Golden Axe Campaign

starring Tyris Flare

1118full-golden-axe_-beast-rider-screenshot.jpg.db41d94946be0521a75b6a68f8bdb1de.jpg

This is definitely the most demanding idea so far. But i had an idea that you could just start at an Axirian teleporting terminal with news that  when the Death Adder attacked the island of Axir he may have killed many priestesses but he also captured some and brought them here to the exiled lands.

The Axirian Sisterhood will be it's own religion unique to the others offered in conan exiles

Rescuing each priestess will be a separate quest that sill reward you with different building aspects and access to new spells for Tyris. Lastly one of the priestesses you rescue informs you that the Death Adder has reformed in these lands and there is a castle where he and his minions plot to enslave and conquer these lands. She also informs you that there is a dungeon with a relic that can slay the death adder forever if you are brave and lucky enough to reach it, but you will need the help of other adventurers like Tarik and Gillius Thunderhead. to do it.

Or at least that's the half baked plot I thought up at work today.

Axirian Sisterhood

AxirianSisterhood.png.3ccd17fc88ee1942bae71f4e9dedb552.png

I think it would be interesting for the player as you progress in rescuing priestesses to acquire a unique Axirian build theme and Religion. The build theme will include unique armors and weapons for Tyris to use plus a dragon shrine with the white dragon as the ultimate summon like in the other religions of conan exiles.

Wasteland Scout outfit +Warpaint

1908037397_wastelandscout.jpg.ee914f1e8296a997d916456e32a45867.jpg

In this mod I want to create Tyris Flare as she is depicted in Golden Axe Beast Rider. The Wasteland Scout outfit in particular should be craftable and suitable for the arid desert locations that take up most of the map. The Axirian sisterhood should have it's own armor recipe's where you can construct this outfit. And the armors should come in tiers so if you like  the outfit enough you can wear it until the end of the game unless you are in a cold environment. I think her other outfits could be ported over as well but if only one gets done I want it to be this one. Its the most iconic and appealing one she wears and is the most recognizable. Also warpaint is craftable in conan exiles so i see no reason not to make the warpaint Tyris wears available as well, and they should cause some positive buff affects.

The Axirian Blade

Axirian_Blade.png.b3af32b51e756c615b6f53f0c176717d.png.a4821eaae222c62918fada4dc641e40c.png

In golden Axe Beast Rider there were a number of swords Tyris could use. If we only port over one then I hope its the first one at least. It looks pretty cool. Like the outfit it should be a part of axirian sisterhood's blacksmithing skills, and can be built in tiers so if you like the look of the blade you can use one that is strong enough to the most difficult area's of the game.

Tyris's Model

tyrismodel.jpg.580f1c9f7eb071e69e9e1b638759f294.jpg

By this I mean to graft Tyris's hair and face from beast rider and graft it onto the player model in conan exiles. 

Tyris's Fire Magic

Hands-On-Golden-Axe-Beast-Rider-9.jpg.acc5f1a6ce4e9800cd96d58fc2abca3f.jpg

This is a bit more ambitious. There might be a magic system in conan exiles already. I am not sure yet because I don't play a corrupter character. Anyway if its possible to emulate some of the spells from various golden axe games via modding, then we should add a custom system for Tyris as a character. Fireballs, Fire Nova, and Dragon summoning come to mind. It would also be cool to be able to refill Tyris's mana by using mana potions that are craftable in the game. I think there might be something like this already, but I am not sure yet. But yeah that would be real metal because you always did that in all the classic golden axe games.

Edited by SlaveHunter311

More Beast Rider Mods ideas

logobeastrider.thumb.png.fab9e4d4dd3b649bd2c64c06b48c23ba.png

Bizarrians (Rideable Monsters)

screenshot.png.3504c35505684444abbb71d341082419.png

In Conan Exiles you can rider various tamable animals like horses and Rhinos. Well in Beast Rider you can do that but you can also use the beasts natural abilities to fight with your enemies. Let me be more specific.

The Abrax

1938668024_Abrax(1).png.df926f6c30b0c4dc2a10d442da8591a9.png

Abrax | Golden Axe Wiki | Fandom

History

The Abrax are a species of reptilian beasts that mostly resemble dinosaurs, and are powerful but docile. They are said to be descended from the Great Dragon, a Titan that is worshipped as a god by the Axirian Sisterhood. The sisterhood breeds the Abrax for defense and transport, and mostly uses them for swift trasportation, and quick attacks.

Attacks

• Tail Whip: The Abrax swipes its tail in a circular motion, damaging nearby enemies.
  • Fire Breath: The Abrax breathes fire from his mouth, burning his enemies but slowly damaging itself.
  • Fireball: The Abrax spits a fireball in a vertical pattern that explodes upon impact, with the ground damaging enemies caught in the blast. This attack also decreases his health.

Now wouldn't this be a treat to ride in Conan Exiles. If only one beast was ported over I think I would want it to be this one. Even if the fire breath isn't a viable mod, this creature is pretty cool. And its very distinctive of Beast Rider. My only concern is that none of these beasts can be ported because we will lose their locomotive behaviors or they just wont translate from one game to the other for some reason. But I think i will have an expert tell me what's possible before i stop coming up with ideas.

The Krommath

krommath.jpg.9f07b8556e89cc9a9f79783c9459d785.jpg

This battering ram of a beast, while slow, is great for plowing through foes at full strength or just trampling enemies under its enormous girth.

It can also plow through large fortified gates very much like the ones you can build in Conan Exiles when running at full speed. It would be interesting to have one as a siege weapon you could use against someone's base in Exiles. Also this guy looks so metal in his beast armor. Too bad I couldn't get a picture of that.

The Mirigore

mirigore2.jpg.c444deb88dbc96b79fe64ecddf575bd0.jpg

Hand-to-hand combat is where the Mirigore shines, going into a self-induced berserker rage that's perfect for knocking out a number of enemies at once. When they are used by enemies, it is best to avoid enraged Mirigores at all costs and attack only when they are calmer.

He is  very quick to destroy other beasts you can ride if an enemy is on one. When in berserker rage mode he just grabs them, dismounts the rider and tares open the other beast's stomach killing them instantly. Wow steer clear of this guy if you are not riding him. His only draw back is that he moves slower than the other mounts so he is escapable.

The Lynth

Lynth.jpg.e230987a82ef308ff56b91721d4356ff.jpg

Lynth | Golden Axe Wiki | Fandom

History

The Lynth is one of Yuria's few domesticated predators, people have long been using it for fast transport as the beast is quite fast and agile. It can generate electricity throughout its body. By charging the thin outer layer of fur with internal electricity, a Lynth can refract light, granting it a natural invisibility used for hunting.

Attacks

• Pounce: The Lynth pounces on his enemies, dealing damage to any enemy in front of him.
  • Stealth: The Lynth becomes invisible, enemies cannot see him allowing him to quickly surprise them. Usage drains its life.
  • Lightning Fan: The Lynth shoots out many lightning bolts, damaging any enemy hit by them. Usage drains its life.

I would say for this one, he would be an excellent recon scout. He's fast and he can temporarily turn invisible. I think he is a bit overpowered for our purposes actually. Maybe he can have the stipulation of overheating in the desert since his habitat is actually the highlands and he is covered in thick fur. Plus using bioelectricity on your own body has got to heat it up quite a bit so its a logically consistent kind of limitation to have on a creature like this in both the fantasy setting and in the game setting where we need an advantage like this to be used sparingly. He would probably be quite dangerous in the highlands area of the map though. And perhaps we could add the ability, that if you engage his stealth mode in the coldest parts of the map it will warm up both the animal and the rider.

The Megabrax

Megabrax.png.9d1062adf4b62a1b6046038b79e5f557.png

Megabrax | Golden Axe Wiki | Fandom

History

Towards the end of her quest, Tyris Flare encounters a Megabrax (nicknamed "Meg") in the Fiend's Path. This missing link between Dragons and Abraxes was believed to be extinct, but Death Adder managed to somehow obtain one to act as his guardian. Tyris believes that Death Adder resurrected one to serve him. Regardless of its origin, the Megabrax is extremely ferocious, and will attack Tyris on sight. To ride it, Tyris must first stun the beast to get on it. After reaching a certain point with her, the Megabrax will drop Tyris and attack her, but she manages to get away from her, leaving "Meg" behind.

Abilities

Megabrax is the largest and most powerful beast in the game, but is only available in one point of the game. It can easily take care of most enemies on its path, with only the Demon Wings standing a chance against its strength. The Megabrax attacks are:

• Bite and Tail Attacks - Standard attacks. (X button)
  • Roar - Stuns enemies. (Square button)
  • Eat - The Megabrax eats enemies impaled on her tail. (X + Square)

Besides being available only once, another downside is that Tyris can only command the beast for a limited time due its savagery. Instead of a health gauge, the Megabrax has a Bloodlust gauge, which will slowly decrease. If it gets empty, the Megabrax will drop Tyris and attack her again, requiring Tyris to stun "Meg" once more to mount her. The gauge is refilled when she gets on the Megabrax.

To keep the Bloodlust gauge filled, Tyris must feed stunned beasts and impaled enemies to the Megabrax. Beasts are the best for it, filling a good amount of the gauge, while Demons are disgusting. Also, although Tyris will be in a high position while riding the beast, enemies can still drop her from it, and once down she will be attacked by the Megabrax and the enemies present, requiring another stun. The Megabrax cannot be killed as it is required to complete the area it appears.

Ok so this animal is just so overpowered i think it should be like a world boss that you can fight until you wear it down enough that it allows you to ride it just like in beast rider. He doesn't die. He just becomes rideable if you defeat him. That way clans can assault the beast, and if they actually manage to wear it down enough-no guarantee-then they can use him to assault the other clan's base. At least for a while anyway. Perhaps there is a timer, or just a chance he becomes feral again and attack everyone, creating complete chaos!

Edited by SlaveHunter311

Assets so far

485451309_wastelandscout2.jpg.94ccab09b3a5dc0be3e18e5d96ffd01f.jpg

gabr_tyris_wastelandsscout_by_mariokart64n_and_o0c_by_bahlinka_dent93t (1).rar

Ok so i believe someone has already used a 3d ripping tool to get a rendering of the outfit I was looking for. I found it on Deviant Art; Tyris - Bahlinka's Sta.sh

Bahlinka gave me their blessing to use it. Lucky me. Still its about time i start experimenting with Ninja Ripper for myself so i can get the rest of these assets. Also I will probably need to find a discord devoted to doing these kind of mods for Conan Exiles. I probably wont learn the skills to do everything myself, but I bet I can learn to rip the models and get things started for someone who has the skills to do the real work.

Also I did find 2 more outfits for Tyris on Deviant Art. I might as well list them here to keep in mind for later.

Golden Axe Beast Rider Tyris Bikini by ArmachamCorp on DeviantArt

Golden Axe Beast Rider Tyris Default by ArmachamCorp on DeviantArt

Edited by SlaveHunter311

Custom Areas

TRoDA_Map.png.4ad0aa621249c244d5fafcb6f492e6c2.png

I learned that it is possible to mod the map and create custom locations in the first iteration of Conan Exiles. That is, you can replace the Exiled Lands with your own custom map. If you have the time and patience to create it. Chances are yours wont looks as good as the landscape that Funcom developed but its fun to think of the possibilities. There are actually quite a few servers devoted to custom maps. Most of them are Warcraft related;

Steam Workshop::Kalimdor (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::Kalimdor V2 - v1.4.x (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::Tales of Azeroth 0.0.78 Pre-Alpha-Version (steamcommunity.com)

Steam Workshop::Sindorei_Exiles (steamcommunity.com)

Isn't that something? It makes me wonder what kind of custom areas can be create with Beast rider assets, that I can easily rip from the game?

In this case we would be recreating areas from Beast Rider and inserting them into our own custom server. Areas like;

The Island of Axir

1496842749_islandofaxir.png.de96cd2e73cc055b1e8cf59120ab3d54.png

The Diyar Highlands

741923232_DiyarHighlands.jpg.4776c209c57f157a1c5166cf2f500eb7.jpg

The Desert Wastelands

desert2.jpg.7d6bb0b447ec63d24466a131c56a1d0f.jpg

The Titan Graveyard

1498263768_bonewastes.jpg.56248c387e5ce9b8248b0f988e766082.jpg

The City of the Dead

1521884336_desertruins.jpg.feb08a97cfca873de7276c701526e63e.jpg

The Fiend's Path

237181500_fiendspath.jpg.873f668221675465f9c4696d89d1e8b9.jpg