[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

I believe the crime is added to the planet, not the pop itself. I think in theory Criminal happiness could offset the drawbacks of having criminal megacorp neighbor and hope that it harms others more, but with this trait I am pretty sure -20% resources from pops is much worse than any penalty from having criminals around.

I guess maybe you could stack growth speed, start immigration treaties with everyone and harm AI Empires with your pops? I have no idea how viable that would be though

1 hour ago, Hammyak said:

I believe the crime is added to the planet, not the pop itself. I think in theory Criminal happiness could offset the drawbacks of having criminal megacorp neighbor and hope that it harms others more, but with this trait I am pretty sure -20% resources from pops is much worse than any penalty from having criminals around.

I guess maybe you could stack growth speed, start immigration treaties with everyone and harm AI Empires with your pops? I have no idea how viable that would be though

Its not added to the planet either.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:08 PM, assasinAurora said:

does the wyrm infestation do anything ?

If you are using my Sex Rights mod. It adds a Brood Mare job, which replaces the generator district that came with the original hot springs.

15 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

Its not added to the planet either.

It's based on code that I haven't touched since the mod's initial release. I have no idea at what point it seems to have broke. I'll look into fixing it, but I'm not confident that it's fixable.

Btw I got access to these "mutagenic" traits that seem very powerfull and low cost trough normal research, are they maybe only supposed to be available to mutagenic invaders or something?
image.png.cef2586e7f7b4d93876df31b6033dff2.png

PS. Realized this might be caused by me only having the trait pack in that playlist.

Edited by Tyrgalon

Yeah the "mutagenic invader" events seem to have an issue where its not exluding the main species as it should.

Figured it out, its caused by the starting event creating a new species from the main one and adding the "mutagenic exposure" trait to it, and that is probably not supposed to happen.
image.png.a6c4e7bb582e324971bfb8956c50015a.png

I fixed it by using console commands to create 7 new pops of the original species and then kill all the ones with the mutagenic exposure trait.

Edited by Tyrgalon
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

Yeah the "mutagenic invader" events seem to have an issue where its not exluding the main species as it should.

I discovered this bug last night, but I really needed to go to sleep. The fix is being uploaded right now.

7 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

Btw I got access to these "mutagenic" traits that seem very powerfull and low cost trough normal research, are they maybe only supposed to be available to mutagenic invaders or something?

I didn't figure out how I could limit this until just now. The current version should have the muta traits limited to just mutagenic invasion empires. This same should also apply to the parthenogenetic traits.

I also fixed the matriarchy councilor typo.

I, unfortunately, wasn't able to fix the crime traits. This seems to have been restricted to just leader traits can effect crime, at some point, and I can't figure out a work around... I'll keep the text in as a visual flair, but I'm sorry that its ALL LIES.

Edited by Calcifire
1 hour ago, DC9 said:

did you remove the mutagenic invaders starting event ? i tried the game again with only loverslab mods and im not finding the event

Me two.

I invaded two pre-FTL civs befor i was done with the starter sucubus species. Is that why I did't get any events?

Hi, can anyone help me with a really stupid problem? I can't seem to force the mod to work no matter what I do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all my mods a dozen times and shuffled the load order around, but to no avail. Am I doing something wrong? I'm very new to Stellaris modding and not sure how to fix anything by hand. Afraid I'm gonna break something.

Before you suggest a mod loader, I've tried that and it prevents Lustful Void wrom working at all.image.png.62bb783878e03224c9c7b2687b7c52e3.png

Try making a completely new playset and start adding the mods one by one.  Take note of when things break.  This will let you see which mod "breaks the camel's back" and then you can start trying to debug things by perhaps moving the problematic mod to a different point in the load order or taking a deeper look at the mod to try to deduce what's wrong.

2 minutes ago, Armchair said:

Try making a completely new playset and start adding the mods one by one.  Take note of when things break.  This will let you see which mod "breaks the camel's back" and then you can start trying to debug things by perhaps moving the problematic mod to a different point in the load order or taking a deeper look at the mod to try to deduce what's wrong.

I will try that, but nothing exactly breaks. All LV stuff works, the game launches, but no custom portraits or traits from Calcifire's mod ever show up.

So I tried literally every combination possible

I've even tried just the Calcifire mods by themselves. Just the portrait pack. Just the Director's Cut. Just the trait pack. They just do not work at all even if no other mods are present. If BASE LV is present, it loads just that - base LV, no matter what order I try.

At this point I don't know what else I could try. Which sucks, because I really adore the art.

On 12/30/2023 at 3:06 AM, Calcifire said:

So the way the vanilla game kinda interacts with those fellas, I didn't want to dip my toe in too directly. But, the mutations should start popping off after you win your next war.

Can it be a white peace or dose it have to be a proper victory? Because I have waged successful territorial land/space grabs with white pieces but I have yet to see any events start. Also Do I have to wait for the Original Succubus species event chain to finish before starting to conquer more? If I have will conqering or getting new species before the Succubuese event chain break the code?

By the way, love the art. Do the Pre-made Civs have their own story chain? Can we get one for Mutagenic Invaders?

Edited by Viking_Berzerker
5 hours ago, Goreonion said:

At this point I don't know what else I could try. Which sucks, because I really adore the art.

Just making sure, but um... Have you tried deleting the mod and redownloading? Sometimes relic files from older versions of the Directors Cut can cause issues. The best way to fix is to just do a clean instal. If that doesn't help, then something deeper is broken. If it was happening to me, I would assume that something is wrong with my game launcher, and I need to clean it's brain. ::Reddit Tutorial on how to clean said Brain:: SKIP STEP #2, #4, #9, AND STEP #10... STEP #13 is optional.

3 hours ago, Viking_Berzerker said:

Can it be a white peace or dose it have to be a proper victory?

You know what? I'm willing to change it so it fires at the end of any war. win/lose/draw. As a mod maker, you gotta imagine there is someone who likes to run with dozens of mods, and they all are just spamming checks every year, then that'll eventually start effecting performance. Maybe I was being a bit too cautious, and making 2 little checks every single war isn't over doing it. I'll change it.

Do I have to wait for the Original Succubus species event chain to finish before starting to conquer more?

No. Only the Succubi trigger the event screens. The only time you will get a popup from randos is to tell you when a new species has been acquired AND when said species has reached their genetic potential and is done mutating. This keeps the spam to a minimum. Imagine what would happen if you grabbed a planet from an xenophilic Empire with open borders. You suddenly have 5+ new species in your grasps and they are flooding your inbox with pop ups. Es no bueno. Other mods need a chance to fire off, too.

By the way, love the art. Do the Pre-made Civs have their own story chain? Can we get one for Mutagenic Invaders?

UH, I've thought about it, but it takes a lot of time... On the todo list, I want to give the Crimson Dogs a unique starting "heir to the throne" questline, but that's way way way in the future. No ETA. I plan on putting modding on hiatus so that I can work on EP2 of my VN.

6 hours ago, Calcifire said:

Just making sure, but um... Have you tried deleting the mod and redownloading? Sometimes relic files from older versions of the Directors Cut can cause issues. The best way to fix is to just do a clean instal. If that doesn't help, then something deeper is broken. If it was happening to me, I would assume that something is wrong with my game launcher, and I need to clean it's brain. ::Reddit Tutorial on how to clean said Brain:: SKIP STEP #2, #4, #9, AND STEP #10... STEP #13 is optional.

Okay, so, here's what I did and what finally worked (and what didn't)

Followed the reddit guide + wiped the mod folder clean

Re-downloaded almost all mods. That includes the Irony versions of Lustful void+Balance+Base Overwrites and the Calcifire's Director's Cut

Made sure the Stellaris launcher is up-to-date and doesn't have any mod collections

Ran Irony

Loaded everything in this order (after some trial and error):

image.png.9424aafe59509b75bc2af935aa868696.png

Now the portraits and the Director's Cut stuff finally works!

Issue: some OG lustful void traits appear to be brokenimage.png.ee074af4f9faae059f348639ee71f702.png

At this point I threw my hands up and just started to play. Changing the load order around does nothing, so I have no idea what might be wrong anymore.

Regardless, a HUGE thanks for all your help and replies! I know this is silly, but every game has its quirks vis-a-vis mods and I was getting nowhere.

I'm at the end game, but I have yet to receive any notice that any of the species I have conquered have been fully mutated. They do however have tons of traits that I have no idea where they got them from. Perhaps migration treaties were a mistake...

Also the Magma Wyrm even shows up no mater how many times I poison the water on the same planet. It's getting kind of saying. I  worried they are over riding any other events from LV.

Can confirm that the event that is supposed to happen when you win a war (should have some trigger for if you take over a primitive planet as well) seems to not always trigger as it should.
Looking at the code I realized that the MTTH for those events are pretty long, could potentially mention in the event text that it will take a while for these mutagenic changes to affect the species.

Magma wyrm event also keeps firing as mentioned.

Due to the low cost/zero cost ofd some of the traits in the mod the AI will just apply a ton of them on the automatically created species or when they do gene modding.
Might be an idea to increase the costs a bit and maybe disable them for the AI if possible.
Could also have more standard trait limits at the creation screen and have a tehcnology that gives a bunch of points etc when you start a new game.
image.png.7e1b29f93cebec88c003f6e0e6a815ec.png

A bunch of coll stuff and ideas in the mod (looking forward to the parthogenesis stuff, I have created a "titans brides" setup myself before that is in the same ballpark) but atm it does have a few issues :)

ps. This trait seems to lack effects:

image.png.888506abcaef3265e6e7e8b9702a794c.png

Edited by Tyrgalon
On 05.01.2024 at 15:09, Goreonion said:

Итак, вот что я сделал и что в итоге сработало (а что нет)

Следовал руководству Reddit + очистил папку мода.

Перекачал почти все моды. Сюда входят иронические версии Lustful void+Balance+Base Overwrites и режиссерская версия Calcifire.

Убедитесь, что программа запуска Stellaris обновлена и не содержит коллекций модов.

Ран Ирония

Загрузил все в таком порядке (после некоторых проб и ошибок):

image.png.9424aafe59509b75bc2af935aa868696.png

Теперь портреты и режиссерская версия наконец-то работают!

Проблема: некоторые особенности OG похотливой пустоты, похоже, нарушены.image.png.ee074af4f9faae059f348639ee71f702.png

В этот момент я вскинул руки вверх и просто начал играть. Изменение порядка загрузки ничего не дает, поэтому я понятия не имею, что может быть не так.

В любом случае, ОГРОМНОЕ спасибо за вашу помощь и ответы! Я знаю, что это глупо, но у каждой игры есть свои особенности по сравнению с модами, и я ничего не добился.

I found what was problem. And that just like a joke. For some reason irony LV simply don't work whith irony, but original LV work. Try not irony version, must help.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:40 AM, Viking_Berzerker said:

Also the Magma Wyrm even shows up no mater how many times I poison the water on the same planet.

That event is from the Sex Rights mod, not the Portrait Pack, and I've already fixed it over there. If you wanna be a lil extra, let me know if just disabling the Sex Rights mod fixes the issue

ps. This trait seems to lack effects:

Oooo, kk. It does, they just weren't displaying text.

image.png.7e1b29f93cebec88c003f6e0e6a815ec.png

I actually don't know how they get around the hard 10 trait limit sometimes... Ima try something, but it'll break saves. Let me know how it goes in your future games.

BTW thanks for all the comments. I don't have a lot of time to properly test things, and the mod has grown so big and unmanagable for me at this point. You guys are helping make the quality better for everyone. thank you, very much.