[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

I have tried the new version for a few hours. No obvious bugs so far. I have a question about the Civilian network though. Previous times I just rejected Vivianne because she's an authoritarian slaver, and does not mesh with the ethics. Today I decided to accept her on a whim, and I had no idea there was an event chain. Of course, spoilers ahead: 

Spoiler

I immediately regret it, her killing my minister of defense and all, and her 'buying out' the corp, and a very stern 'make sure she does not win elections' event. Question is, how hosed am I if I do elect her? What would happen? I am already pretty regretful about my minister of defense dying. Megacorp is good for money, and if, I suspect and the wording implies, it will turn the civ network into an authoritarian dictatorship...I do not want that. Losing acces to trade holdings, and the oportunity for easy trade federation is just too much of a steep price to pay.

8 hours ago, Calcifire said:

As always, I suspect I've overlooked an obvious bug or two. Please let me shnow.

The Stranded Scientist event no longer seems to exist in your event files, so the game pulls a vanilla human portrait for her instead of the custom one. Easy enough to fix user side by copying said event from an older instance of the mod into the .txts in the new version (0b_distant_stars_events_2.txt and 95_anomaly_categories_distant_stars0b.txt) and that'll bring back the stranded she of the scientific sluttery.

In case the copy paste thing is too tetchy for people I have also provided said files in said altered state to replace the mods previous files for a spot weld.

0b_distant_stars_events_2.txt 95_anomaly_categories_distant_stars_0b.txt

The mutagenic premade empire does not seem to be appearing in the selection menu for me. (Edit: This is because I didn't have toxoids)
Also, are mutagenic traits supposed to appear on enslaved pops by default, or is it necessary to first apply another mutagenic trait or something to get them to appear (the update post referencing an RNG pool implies that they can appear on their own to some degree)

Edited by roboflyer24
5 hours ago, Katz said:

spoilers ahead: 

Hide contents

Question is, how hosed am I if I do elect her?

You're pretty hosed. You either play C.H.N. for it's intended style or you play to elect the tyrant. Only positive I can say (other than Vivienne's new outfit she wears when she becomes your ruler) is that her prescripted heir should shift the ethic from fanatic auth to regular auth after she takes the throne from her mother.

But yeah, just feel free to keep ignoring her. She doesn't have much election priority because of her ethics, so as long as you have at least 4 viable other candidates, she won't sneak her way into CEO, she'll just be the majority board member forever.

4 hours ago, Raunhaar said:

The Stranded Scientist event no longer seems to exist in your event files, so the game pulls a vanilla human portrait for her instead of the custom one. Easy enough to fix user side by copying said event from an older instance of the mod into the .txts in the new version (0b_distant_stars_events_2.txt and 95_anomaly_categories_distant_stars0b.txt) and that'll bring back the stranded she of the scientific sluttery.

Copy that, will fix when I get off work.

3 hours ago, roboflyer24 said:

Also, are mutagenic traits supposed to appear on enslaved pops by default, or is it necessary to first apply another mutagenic trait or something to get them to appear (the update post referencing an RNG pool implies that they can appear on their own to some degree)

So your starter species will pick up traits from a random pool of muta traits over time. Other species you collect will do the same, they just pull from the full list.

hey I can't get this mod to work for a few days now either the new or the old version it just doen't work can anyone help?
heres my mod list

Edit : Please somebody help me I've been trying for almost a week now I just wanna play the game with this portrait.

Idk whats wrong I try many order but still doesn't work?? I am not that great with game code error etc.. so I am at a dead end here

Edit 2 : It's been 10 days and I still can't play the mods somebody help me

Screenshot (1).png

It Just doesn't work the portrait is still the same and there isn't any new trait in the game.

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by bibby_boi

Would there be any chance for a mod that overwrites all the vanilla portraits with these ones, similar to the director's cut version, but doesn't do any of the extra stuff? I like having the whole galaxy full of these guys, but looking at the species list and seeing more traits than i have time in a day to read is not my thing.

On 12/5/2023 at 4:51 PM, Stufc said:

Would there be any chance for a mod that overwrites all the vanilla portraits with these ones, similar to the director's cut version, but doesn't do any of the extra stuff?

Nah, you'll have to make your own tweaks to your liking. Like, I personally don't even run the full gallery in my own games.

The easy, but dirty, solution would be to copy and paste the species classes folder from the DC version into the Regular version. Just make sure you delete the one from the Regular version first, so you dont end up with duplicates.

On 12/5/2023 at 3:58 PM, bibby_boi said:

hey I can't get this mod to work for a few days now either the new or the old version it just doen't work can anyone help?
heres my mod list

Edit : Please somebody help me I've been trying for almost a week now I just wanna play the game with this portrait.

Idk whats wrong I try many order but still doesn't work?? I am not that great with game code error etc.. so I am at a dead end here

Screenshot (1).png

It Just doesn't work the portrait is still the same and there isn't any new trait in the game.

Screenshot (2).png

Try to delete descriptor file

Noticed slight change with directors cut goat_babe (think that was it) in mammalian, it says the males from prior to 3.10 should still be present in the mod files but aren't/have been altered to remove content, lmk if its intentional or a game glitch on my part

EDIT: Nvm! Checked code! Seemed intentional due to how you tagged them! Thanks for making a rad mod! 

Edited by Redorent

common/traits/lv_species_traits_bio_any.txt

error.log complains about some places where you have:

triggered_pop_modifier = {
		potential = {
			exists = from
			from = {
				ruler = {

instead of:

triggered_pop_modifier = {
		potential = {
			exists = owner
			owner = {
				ruler = {

4 hours ago, Arcess said:

common/traits/lv_species_traits_bio_any.txt

Gotcha. I just copy and paste code from LV, BUT it looks like Lithia has already fixed this for herself. Idk. I musta picked it up from some older version of her mod. Thanks, though. Will fix ASAP

12 hours ago, Redorent said:

Noticed slight change with directors cut goat_babe (think that was it) in mammalian, it says the males from prior to 3.10 should still be present in the mod files but aren't/have 

Np. Yeh, they will show up in tandem with the new origin. So when you unlock certain traits, they will show up as pops/mates.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:04 PM, Hammyak said:

Mutagenic invaders events don't proc when invading pre-ftls in your territory

So the way the vanilla game kinda interacts with those fellas, I didn't want to dip my toe in too directly. But, the mutations should start popping off after you win your next war.

IN OTHER NEWS. The artwork for the Parthenogenetic Origin, is done. Now, normally, I would upload all the full res images to my Newgrounds account, but I don't think they are too keen on you posting zoo. So I will elect to just upload them into this here forum post. Soz.

Spoiler

So same as the Mutagenic Event Pics. In order from my personal fav to least fav....

image.thumb.png.213ff787fc25b4ec0ed10cc524d23186.png

-Uh, Cal, you spent all that time making bestiality pics, and you personal favorite has nothing to do with animals?

Well, I mean, it's just one of many kinks. It's not my favorite kink. Human x Monster Girls will always be top, brother. Don't even trip, dawg.

image.thumb.png.e45af7a2d31d1403a1828c701b8d6785.png

Fun fact, I think I did the original sketch for this one in 2018. It just took me this fucking long to get the idea out in some official capacity. I do a lot of doodling that never sees the light of day, to begin with. So, I'm glad this one finally got to slip through the cracks. So this one get's 1st place outta me just from nostalgia.

image.thumb.png.7ad95f8ad8563ba6b8717d0d77dac30a.png

Does this count as "ugly bastard" tagged? I think this counts as an ugly bastard pic... Idk. It get's 2nd place cause, something something, smother her, something something scary.

event_babe_parth_hound_room.thumb.png.13bfb3e412b1774f71082352886def96.png

event_babe_parth_bug_room.thumb.png.90ec987aae659b80c29cf838025536e0.png

Did you know that I don't give a shit about good anatomy? I didn't go to college, I don't have to play by the art rules. Ouch her poor back. Oof

event_babe_parth_stag_room.thumb.png.26ca1c43eaf5e4cdfbb1044642cd8c6e.png

I don't think this one deserves last place, but it has a comedic tone that is distinctly NOT sexy. So boo! bad pic.

btw. the event pic for the Hot Springs event is still WiP. Dunno when I'll have it. But that's tied to the Sex Rights mod, and doesn't mean i can't upload a patch to the Portrait Pack ASAP. So gl hf.

There is an typo in parth origin (missing s at the end of the trait name) and it doesn't actually give you the trait it's supposed to give, The error above is related to that.

Edit: There is also some other error in babe_parth_event.2  It seems I was able to fix it by removing limit = {} from any_owned_pop and one extra } at the end.

Edited by Hammyak
15 hours ago, assasinAurora said:

I keep getting this every time i un-pause the game not sure what i am missing LV main, calcifires_portrait_pack_DIRECTORS_CUT And UIoverhaul mod nothing else.

Debug.PNG

I fixed it by deleting the entire event.txt file in the mod file but thats probably the nuclear option. Probably something in the code is misspelled that I don't feel like looking for lmao. I'm not a great coder but to me It looks like the event was supposed to fire on startup if you use an origin that I was not using (A Roman empire origin from a steam mod, which I don't think this was meant to fire off for)

councilor_babe_matriarchy = {
    leader_class = { official commander scientist }

is_leader_possible = {
        OR = {
            leader_class = official
            leader_class = commander
            leader_class = scientist
        }
    }
    civic = civic_babe_patriarchy
    modifier = {
        pop_growth_speed = 0.01