[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

10 hours ago, hydrak64 said:

Has calcifire posted information anywhere about updates to 3.9 yet? Like I saw them mention about planning it but not much else.

Last week, I got all my events and scripts ready to go. I'd just been waiting on the LV update so that I can fix up the jobs and trait. Now that we've been delivered the package, I'll be working on that.

10 hours ago, anbuagent12 said:

Can Confirm. After the LV update that came today, and a extensive session of trying to find out which mods i had were still broken, this is one of them. 

On a different note, with Calc playing Starfield now, i wonder if we're gonna get random easter eggs thrown in? Be funny to see their Starfield Waifu as a legendary scientist or something of the like.

Yep, now that LV 3.9 is here, I can complete my work... If I could just put down the controller. I-I uh, I can't stop playing Starfield. I need my daily dose of Methesda as soon as I get home from work. I know the game has been a polarizing release, and it's a game where I'm in the "game of the year" camp. I've been loving it. I just finished the crimson fleet questline and that ending was so fun, I loved the final audio logs. So unfortunately for everyone, that means I've sunk more time into it, than I have my art hobby... Oh God, I am become the loathsome yandere dev. But yeah, we'll see about cross over content. I run around with VASCO, and am saving companion character romances for NG+, so who knows. What I can say, is I really wish some of the side characters had more dialogue, like Jessamine, who is like the only evil aligned companion. She's always cheering me on after every master lockpicking and she's always giving me credits from her latest pickpocketing, BUT she ONLY gets two dialogue trees. Oof. Q-Q

But if she was in stellaris, I could fix that... NO! no. No promises.

Edited by Calcifire

Gotta be honest, this is most likely the best portrait pack. There might be less than others, but because the style is the same for all images, and the portrait variations are consistent, it simply sits much better than the other packs that just take pictures from the internet. (Or the AI ones because well, the AI ones just look weird)

5 hours ago, Para_ said:

Gotta be honest, this is most likely the best portrait pack. There might be less than others, but because the style is the same for all images, and the portrait variations are consistent, it simply sits much better than the other packs that just take pictures from the internet. (Or the AI ones because well, the AI ones just look weird)

+1

!!Muchas Gracias!!

Yeah, I feel kinda lonely in the stellaris art market, somtimes. The ai art guys are all I got, but I wish someone out there had a similar project to my own. Though to be sure, I must have the slaanesh levels of autism to have set out on this road anyway. So, I'm all we got.

IN OTHER NEWS. the 3.9 patch is out and ready for download.

::PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF LV, DELETE THE OLD MOD BEFORE UPDATE. I CAN 100% GUARANTEE IT WILL CAUSE ERRORs::

This also includes my Sex Rights mod, I had to change the jobs architecture, so get those old job files off your PCs please.

Fun story. It literally scared the bejebus outta me when I first tried to upload the patch, because it gave me a "exceeds maximum 250mb file size" error, until I realized I had accidentally included the RAW 1080p species art assets inside the .zip file. lol Oops. I was about to fucking say, all I did was add three new leader assets for the Vaulter species. Pic bellow. (((Just incase y'all wanted to know. the "we have cal's mod at home" folder is a 3.91 gb monster, yikes. what a hog. I would have to leave my pc on overnight to upload that shit.)))

Spoiler

image.jpeg.19762b96b5e0d01cb2427dce95339a3f.jpeg

So I only had this fun idea JUST TODAY. I thought. Why don't I give the prescripted empire leaders custom artwork. Captain, Grace looks quite lovely doesn't she? I wouldn't say she's chubbier, I would just say she looks softer and has been doing more talking than raiding. I think of it as like a semi-paragon. You won't get a leader who looks like her to spawn naturally, but you are still free to use her artwork for any "starting" ruler that uses the vaulter species with. Obviously, Rheanna for the ivory lineage needs her own snow queen art like Vivienne got. BUT. like I said, I only just came up with this today, and wanted to include it with tonights patch.

Now get bug testing for me, frens. I basically just boot the game and made sure it doesn ctd. I'm sorry I just don't have time to thoroughly test my releases. Sorry Sorry.

Edited by Calcifire
5 minutes ago, Calcifire said:

+1

!!Muchas Gracias!!

Yeah, I feel kinda lonely in the stellaris art market, somtimes. The ai art guys are all I got, but I wish someone out there had a similar project to my own. Though to be sure, I must have the slaanesh levels of autism to have set out on this road anyway. So, I'm all we got.

IN OTHER NEWS. the 3.9 patch is out and ready for download.

::PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF LV, DELETE THE OLD MOD BEFORE UPDATE. I CAN 100% GUARANTEE IT WILL CAUSE ERRORs::

This also includes my Sex Rights mod, I had to change the jobs architecture, so get those old job files off your PCs please.

Fun story. It literally scared the bejebus outta me when I first tried to upload the patch, because it gave me a "exceeds maximum 250mb file size" error, until I realized I had accidentally included the RAW 1080p species art assets inside the .zip file. lol Oops. I was about to fucking say, all I did was add three new leader assets for the Vaulter species. Pic bellow. (((Just incase y'all wanted to know. the "we have cal's mod at home" folder is a 3.91 gb monster, yikes. what a hog. I would have to leave my pc on overnight to upload that shit.)))

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.19762b96b5e0d01cb2427dce95339a3f.jpeg

So I only had this fun idea JUST TODAY. I thought. Why don't I give the prescripted empire leaders custom artwork. Captain, Grace looks quite lovely doesn't she? I wouldn't say she's chubbier, I would just say she looks softer and hasn't been doing more talking than raiding. I think of it as like a semi-paragon. You won't get a leader who looks like her to spawn naturally, but you are still free to use her artwork for any "starting" ruler that uses the vaulter species with. Obviously, Rheanna for the ivory lineage needs her own snow queen art like Vivienne got. BUT. like I said, I only just came up with this today, and wanted to include it with tonights patch.

Now get bug testing for me, frens. I basically just boot the game and made sure it doesn ctd. I'm sorry I just don't have time to thoroughly test my releases. Sorry Sorry.

What timing! I just was updating the game!

57 minutes ago, hydrak64 said:

Yeah, tested it as well. Even with ONLY just lustful void as the only other mod active, the director's cut still causes CTD.

1 hour ago, lastesotericist said:

Yeah I'm also getting a crash to desktop. It's definitely from Director's Cut.

1 hour ago, BTR5 said:

For some reason it keeps giving me an error, I deleted all the files and folders of the old mods and the Directors Cuts keeps giving me an error.

Darn! welp. I can't recreate over here on my end. Would someone kindly DM me an error.log? It should be located inside the... "\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\logs"

EDIT:: I'm about to fall asleep here. I've uploaded what I have right now atm. Hopefully that works for some of y'all. I'll get back to it when I wake up tomorrow. Thank You, lastesotericist, for the error.log

Edited by Calcifire

Alright I'm awake, tech support is back online.

14 minutes ago, Secund said:

If it helps, I have found that the crashes stop when I delete the "events/0b_ancient_relics_arcsite_events_1" file, so I guess that the problem is in that file

Right so, that file doesn't exist in the download to begins with and is a relic from the 3.8 version of the mod. Make sure you've deleted the old version of the mod before plugging in the new one. Though, it could have slipped in during my initial posting, but I can confirm it's not in the download .zip that I posted before I went to bed last night.

8 hours ago, Smily1 said:

Nother thing I noticed while taking a look at the mods, the Trait Pack is just a copy of the Citizens rights mod. There are no traits in it at all.

Oops, kk, that's an easy fix. Should be good now.

9 hours ago, Calcifire said:

Alright I'm awake, tech support is back online.

Right so, that file doesn't exist in the download to begins with and is a relic from the 3.8 version of the mod. Make sure you've deleted the old version of the mod before plugging in the new one. Though, it could have slipped in during my initial posting, but I can confirm it's not in the download .zip that I posted before I went to bed last night.

Oops, kk, that's an easy fix. Should be good now.

When i click the download link it says that last update was 18 hours ago, either way take your time it wouldnt be stellaris if it didnt break with patches no sweat

19 hours ago, Smily1 said:

So now it looks like the Directors Cut is missing almost everything it's supposed to have only things I'm seeing in there are flags, prescripted countries, event pictures and interface stuff.

I just downloaded it, and I see it all in there. Sometimes I wish I could just look at peoples systems to help, but as of right now. idk.

18 hours ago, towboat421 said:

When i click the download link it says that last update was 18 hours ago

That was in reference to the trait pack. I haven't gotten in real DC reports since I went to sleep friday night.

3 hours ago, TimeStay said:

Is the rat portrait only supposed to be a single portrait, or are the other files for it not loading up? 

That's just an event species I use for the wandering traders. They aren't meant to be playable, but I let some of the event species be playable for the stripped down Portrait Pack. Someone a long long time ago, asked for the ratlings, even though they only have the 1 pic. Though, this makes you the second person to ask about 'em. So if this means they are liked enough to maybe deserve some more love, then I'll look into adding some more pics. Sure.

Edited by Calcifire
4 hours ago, Calcifire said:

I just downloaded it, and I see it all in there. Sometimes I wish I could just look at peoples systems to help, but as of right now. idk.

That was in reference to the trait pack. I haven't gotten in real DC reports since I went to sleep friday night.

That's just an event species I use for the wandering traders. They aren't meant to be playable, but I let some of the event species be playable for the stripped down Portrait Pack. Someone a long long time ago, asked for the ratlings, even though they only have the 1 pic. Though, this makes you the second person to ask about 'em. So if this means they are liked enough to maybe deserve some more love, then I'll look into adding some more pics. Sure.

So I redownloaded it and seems like everything is there now, I guess it may have cut off short during the unpacking or something

I have a question. Maybe bug or something I dont know. But in empire creation, when you select ruler portrait, for example moltenborn (Hope that I spelled their name right, black-skinned cute girls with puple eyes), I always want to go with 3rd one from the start, those nipples and milk just so yummy looking... But instead, when loading into the game it just locks to version of ruler with tattoos, most of the times bald (I dont really mind it, because anyway ruler will be changed after some time if she is not immortal, plus your art is awesome, I cant live and play without this pack). And I also noticed that it is not only with "under one rule" origin. And I actually had this issue since 3.8 release, and I was kind of afraid of asking, dunno why. So, is there any solution for this, or its just unrepairable bug? (Sorry for my english, if there is any mistakes)

2 hours ago, FutaHibiki said:

I have a question. Maybe bug or something I don't know...

Just hit a base test and could not recreate. Selected fem#3 and her art didn't change when on game start.

Are ya running any other mods?

80% of teh bug fixes around here are just, delete the mod and reinstal. Has that helped?

Could you DM me your save file, if all else fails? thanks.

Hey hey just came back to Stellaris after a short break... starfield, so of course first stop I made was over here to download your updates. LV and your mods have basically become essential to my load order. 

Anyway came to say thanks for all your hard work and constant updates!

On 9/27/2023 at 5:39 PM, QueenPrisma said:

Hey hey just came back to Stellaris after a short break... starfield, so of course first stop I made was over here to download your updates. LV and your mods have basically become essential to my load order. 

Anyway came to say thanks for all your hard work and constant updates!

Well, gosh. I'm glad you came by AFTER the massive bug hunt I had for 3.9 and that you didn't have to see the 1st come, 1st SLAUGHTER, launch party. I killed so many people this past update. Oh god, forgive me. I'm such an uncool xenomorph-unleashing bean.