[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

2 hours ago, Lordoz15 said:

i dunno if it normal but using directors cut and lustful void, i do not have prescripted countries anymore, not vanilla ones nor the ones from the mod

Director's Cut gets rid of all base game portraits, so no vanilla prescripted countries. As for the director's cut prescripted countries I believe Calcifire took them down when 3.8 happened.

2 hours ago, Grimlucifer said:

Director's Cut gets rid of all base game portraits, so no vanilla prescripted countries. As for the director's cut prescripted countries I believe Calcifire took them down when 3.8 happened.

bummer...director's cut factions were cool...

On 6/29/2023 at 3:55 AM, Lordoz15 said:

i dunno if it normal but using directors cut and lustful void, i do not have prescripted countries anymore, not vanilla ones nor the ones from the mod

On 6/29/2023 at 6:07 AM, Grimlucifer said:

There was a pretty heavy ctd bug associated with the prescripted countries. They'll be back someday. Ever since I released the VN, I've been considering providing like an... "Infinite Frontier" canon universe playset of empires.

Edited by Calcifire

Is there a patch/quick edit to make this mod compatible with mods like Ethics and Civics Classic? Fallen Empires are spawning with no names w/o civics and such when I start a new game with the exception of Mechazuran Continuity being able to spawn.

I am using the DIRECTORS CUT so it wasnt planned to work in the first place (possibly? im just guessing).

Screenshot 2023-07-01 232157.png

Screenshot 2023-07-01 232141.png

Screenshot 2023-07-01 232025.png

Edited by bigbuttsona
On 7/2/2023 at 7:23 AM, bigbuttsona said:

Is there a patch/quick edit to make this mod compatible with mods like Ethics and Civics Classic? Fallen Empires are spawning with no names w/o civics and such when I start a new game with the exception of Mechazuran Continuity being able to spawn.

I am using the DIRECTORS CUT so it wasnt planned to work in the first place (possibly? im just guessing).

Screenshot 2023-07-01 232157.png

Screenshot 2023-07-01 232141.png

Screenshot 2023-07-01 232025.png

Here is a fix I made for myself. You may need to fix tha path: in mods descriptor file. try it out.

fallen_empires_calcifires_bugged_branch_fix.rar

On 6/30/2023 at 5:53 PM, Calcifire said:

There was a pretty heavy ctd bug associated with the prescripted countries. They'll be back someday. Ever since I released the VN, I've been considering providing like an... "Infinite Frontier" canon universe playset of empires.

Would it be possible to have them in a separate file?

On 7/4/2023 at 7:51 PM, juandeagles said:

bruh. I waited for so long on the 3.8 directors pack only to realise it was already out and the page hadn't been updated yet

You missing out on the MOUNTAIN of bugs I had this go round. Oof.

On 7/4/2023 at 11:50 AM, QueenPrisma said:

Would it be possible to have them in a separate file?

I hadn't even thought of that, but I think it would be kinda cumbersome.

tbh, the empires hadn't been touched since I first launched the mod, and even then, they were just shit in there. I didn't spend much time on 'em. It's only now, years later, that I'm trying to give them some polish.

Direct cut also remove vanilia empire for me. I new to the game btw soo dont know much modding or wha tcurrently not working also is it normal that it crash when I change what to call for female leader?? or male leader

I remove this mod and left with only LV mod and giga mods and I can change leader name fine

OOf ruler traits crash for me

I bout to finish dwarf human too

even without any extra mod except LV and direct cut

I guess I have to stick with regular version now

Edited by MilesKiyaAnny
23 hours ago, MilesKiyaAnny said:

Direct cut also remove vanilia empire for me. I new to the game btw soo dont know much modding or wha tcurrently not working also is it normal that it crash when I change what to call for female leader?? or male leader

I remove this mod and left with only LV mod and giga mods and I can change leader name fine

OOf ruler traits crash for me

I bout to finish dwarf human too

even without any extra mod except LV and direct cut

I guess I have to stick with regular version now

Just a quick confirm that clicking on ruler traits in creation indeed causes a crash with the Director's Cut mod turned on.

Edit: Seems like the fix is quoted at the top of the page.

Edited by Smock
On 7/8/2023 at 2:27 PM, Smock said:

Just a quick confirm that clicking on ruler traits in creation indeed causes a crash with the Director's Cut mod turned on.

Edit: Seems like the fix is quoted at the top of the page.

Ahh that did the trick but I been using normal version to create quite a number of races and with DC version. Some of portails does not exist thus I lost quite lot of empire I created soo is it still broken?? I not sure but I think I will stuck with normal version.

On 7/13/2023 at 4:02 PM, Lusask2 said:

Hi, i'm sorry if this has been asked before but the portraits aren't being displayed. I've only played 5 and a half hours and my brain is fried so bear with me. Is it a load order issue? i'm lost.

Could be load order, I personally haven't had issues so any advice is give you is straight out my ass... Try moving it lower(?) in the load order so it overrides anything above it that may be hindering it. Other than that.. make sure you have it installed properly I guess?

7 hours ago, QueenPrisma said:

Could be load order, I personally haven't had issues so any advice is give you is straight out my ass... Try moving it lower(?) in the load order so it overrides anything above it that may be hindering it. Other than that.. make sure you have it installed properly I guess?

Thanks for the help! I've tried loading it at the lowest but it still didn't work. I think i tried installing it correctly by unzipping it into another folder then moving the contents of said folder into the mod folder. I'll get back when i've tried.

3 hours ago, towboat421 said:

Is the hero overwrite in the current version?

I did like, 5 and 1/2 out of 16+ so... Kinda. I just follow the wind, so idk when I'll get back to 'em. If people want, I could easily just give them placeholder art made out of already existing species. But all the ones Ive done so far have had custom artwork.

On 7/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, Lusask2 said:

Thanks for the help! I've tried loading it at the lowest but it still didn't work. I think i tried installing it correctly by unzipping it into another folder then moving the contents of said folder into the mod folder. I'll get back when i've tried.

Hope you figure it out man, Cal's mod is awesome.

On 7/17/2023 at 12:15 PM, Calcifire said:

I did like, 5 and 1/2 out of 16+ so... Kinda. I just follow the wind, so idk when I'll get back to 'em. If people want, I could easily just give them placeholder art made out of already existing species. But all the ones Ive done so far have had custom artwork.

Wait, which ones? I don't think I've seen a single one changed, or is it separate install from Director's Cut?

19 hours ago, Objc said:

Wait, which ones? I don't think I've seen a single one changed, or is it separate install from Director's Cut?

Reth Unddol + Oracle + AX7-b -> events.

Kai-Sha + Q'la-Minder -> authoritarian empire xeno-linguistic tech pool

Gia'Zumon -> militarist empire xeno-linguistic tech pool

Vas the Gilded -> pacifist empire xeno-linguistic tech pool

Ulaster -> spiritualist empire xeno-linguistic tech pool (they may not have made it in time for the release, but I know they are ready on my dev build of the mod)

Azaryn + Exkeides -> legendary events