[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

Trait pack seems to work fine.

Though if you stack the global -resources from jobs modifiers to -100% or lower, the job assignment system freaks out and everyone becomes an unemployed ruler. Doubt that's new though.

1 hour ago, Roriax said:

Trait pack seems to work fine.

Though if you stack the global -resources from jobs modifiers to -100% or lower, the job assignment system freaks out and everyone becomes an unemployed ruler. Doubt that's new though.

Damn. Never heard of that one. Could you DM me your save file? I want to aee that.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:00 AM, Bloodly said:

This is a case where I don't want 'replacement' I want 'additional'.

The standalone portraits are available for download, I dont know what you mean. You dont have to use the Directors Cut, whichI just offer on the side, even though its made for me and my preferences. tbh (I havent tested it yet) but as of 3.8 the standalone portrait pack ought to play really nicely with Vanilla Framework. Which is cool. Me and Mugginnato have been east and west Germany. But now the wall is down.

20 hours ago, Calcifire said:

Damn. Never heard of that one. Could you DM me your save file? I want to aee that.

Hmm, I set up a minimalist playset to reproduce it and it doesn't happen. So it probably kicks in in combination with ...

<Excessive amount of binary testing later>

Citizen's Sex Rights.

I'll send you the save, though it's definitely a fringe case I do not expect a fix specifically for.

Edited by Roriax
On 5/23/2023 at 8:16 AM, Calcifire said:

I saw this on a tentacle world start where I overloaded the species with various traits to maximize production to an absurd degree.

It leads to everyone always being locked to leadership roles forever.

Which is intereting but renders your species unviable.

Hi sorry it is really late where I am and i don't have the energy to read through everything that has been already posted.

I don't know if it is this mod or lustful void but stellaris has stopped taking the gender of my species into account when showing the portraits, when i was a futanari or all female race before it would only show female portraits but now it shows both genders, is there a way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Lustful Void has been Updated!!!!

Wait... Oh god she added futa horses. Oh, God Dammit, I'm gonna have to draw futa horses. FUCK! sheeet. alright. I'll do it. Next Update will have 'em. Just not yet.

I wasn't quite JUST ready yet. Keides dialogue is still being worked on(I mostly just need to do the artwork for the actual push button relic itself), but I'm going to go ahead and post and update because y'all have been waiting so long. I'll have a more "official" 3.8 update later.

Very nice to see this updated, feels like it was made just for me, however some traits from LV don't seem to survive the trait pack update. In particular all male, all female, all nuter and futanari, though it seems like there are others. I was able to get all female and all male by replacing the empty 0byte text files lv_species_traits_bio_feminine.txt and lv_species_traits_bio_masculine.txt with their equivalents from Lustful Void's common/traits folder, but the lv_species_traits_bio_any.txt was a much harder nut. I used futanari as the test case and found that the only differences between the LV version and the trait pack version besides the obvious references to other traits used by the mod was that there was a sorting_priority line and a leader_age_min line, however crudely slapping those into the code didn't seem to make them show up in the species creator, or show up on a species from a save I played without the trait pack.

I noticed there are two instances of trait_lv_sexually_repressed = { possibly leading to an open bracket problem.

I also noticed the top of the litters trait had been cut off.

Neither of these latter fixes seemed to fix either the litters or the sexually repressed traits, even when I reverted all previous changes and made those the only differences to the mod as packed.

9 hours ago, lastesotericist said:

Very nice to see this updated, feels like it was made just for me, however some traits from LV don't seem to survive the trait pack update. In particular all male, all female, all nuter and futanari, though it seems like there are others. I was able to get all female and all male by replacing the empty 0byte text files lv_species_traits_bio_feminine.txt and lv_species_traits_bio_masculine.txt with their equivalents from Lustful Void's common/traits folder, but the lv_species_traits_bio_any.txt was a much harder nut. I used futanari as the test case and found that the only differences between the LV version and the trait pack version besides the obvious references to other traits used by the mod was that there was a sorting_priority line and a leader_age_min line, however crudely slapping those into the code didn't seem to make them show up in the species creator, or show up on a species from a save I played without the trait pack.

I noticed there are two instances of trait_lv_sexually_repressed = { possibly leading to an open bracket problem.

I also noticed the top of the litters trait had been cut off.

Neither of these latter fixes seemed to fix either the litters or the sexually repressed traits, even when I reverted all previous changes and made those the only differences to the mod as packed.

you missed that there's also duplicate "trait_lv_long_tongues = {", it seems to be working with that removed too

1 hour ago, Trigoniris said:

you missed that there's also duplicate "trait_lv_long_tongues = {", it seems to be working with that removed too

Yeh, oops. I was rushing after I got the news last night. Ill fix it whenever I get home

Game crashes for me in empire maker when i select the "Leaders traits" category. I remember this being a problem before with other mods, but IDK how they fixed it. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, im a big dummy and forgot to get the updated trait pack too. All's well

Edited by anbuagent12

So far ; i checked 2 duplicate , trait_lv_sexually_repressed and trait_lv_long_tongues ; the name of the trait is missing for "trait_lv_litters" ; and the last one was a missing R from trait_babe_dairy_cows ; opposites = trait_lv_pefect_hybrid

5 hours ago, ty28 said:

So far ; i checked 2 duplicate , trait_lv_sexually_repressed and trait_lv_long_tongues ; the name of the trait is missing for "trait_lv_litters" ; and the last one was a missing R from trait_babe_dairy_cows ; opposites = trait_lv_pefect_hybrid

thanks, that saved me some diggin'. For everyone else who doesn't know how to code. The fix has been uploaded. check the downloads.

REMINDER, if you haven't played since stellaris 3.7, to make sure that you delete old versions of the mod before downloading the latest version.

Edited by Calcifire
7 minutes ago, Calcifire said:

thanks, that saved me some diggin'. For everyone else who doesn't know how to code. The fix has been uploaded. check the downloads.

REMINDER, if you haven't played since stellaris 3.7, to make sure that you delete old versions of the mod before downloading the latest version.

"trait_lv_litters" is still missing

3 hours ago, xazex said:

"trait_lv_litters" is still missing

fixed

2 hours ago, pokemonkiks1 said:

Looks like the Aggressive Adaptive Reproduction trait for the Invasive Breeders Origin is missing

fixed

1 hour ago, lastesotericist said:

The advanced traits from genetic modding as well.

lol, was literally waiting for my fix to upload when you posted. WE MODDING IN LIVE TIME TELEVISION!

Sorry for all the fires, lads. I've always bound my opposite traits inside of quotes in the past, but as of this update, bu I wanted to switch over to using Lithia<3's syntax. I had only partially transitioned into using her system when I posted on wednesday. So we're doing better as of today. Not saying all the fire are out yet, but I'm workin on it. Apology Equine Futa image inside the spoiler tag

Spoiler

equinefuta.jpg.63f344c1dfaa4a34297fd04a21b7d427.jpg

BUT THE THING IS, I already made an MLP shitpost species and now I gotta do it again? Accept anthro?... It's out of my hands, but I wish I had something ~extra to give them. If anyone has a good way to spice up LV's new event species, that'd be cool. I haven't had the chance to punch the event into the game for testing yet, so I don't even know what it's like yet. I just know you can find a golden dildo relic and transform your species into these guys... If I just end up making a gold plated anthro futa horses, then that's just what it'll have to be. Stop me while y'all still got the chance.

Huge fan of the art style of this mod.

What's the current estimate on when a Directors Cut version would exist? I assume still a few weeks out depending. I know you say that it's mostly made for your own satisfaction, but especially after playing your Itch,io demo I kind of like the idea of building around this universe you crafted for yourself as a bit of extra rp inspiration for my games. Would be cool to see more from both the VN and in the Director's cut version of the mod someday. Great work either way, don't rush yourself.

When it comes to the new LV event, I've yet to encounter it but honestly the gold plated angle sounds neat. Gives it kind of a midas touch ordeal. Maybe have various states of "gilding", a few more rough, other smooth, some have mixtures of normal "skin" and gold. Could even do various metal types, kind of like how some fantasy games do with dragons.

8 hours ago, Calcifire said:

If I just end up making a gold plated anthro futa horses, then that's just what it'll have to be. Stop me while y'all still got the chance.

No worries, man, we're golden.

Edited by MstrN

I saw a few others had a problems getting this to work for no reason, myself included.

Try changing where the mod is located... idk why but i thought it might be because my username Søren________ had a scandinavian letter in it, and when i looked at ths path it gave me after loading the mod in the mod/game launcher, instead of Søren i get Søren, and fuck if i know why or how it works but it did not load it in the game. I then tried to moved it to the Steam workshop folder... because it had to go somewhere, and changed the path to match, and that fixed it for me.