[mod] Calcifire's Portrait Pack

Looking at the Lithoids trait, I was wondering if there was a way to mod traits so they only spawn for some species Like limit the soft fur trait so it doesn't appear on aquatic or reptilian races. 

Or heck is it possible to limit traits to specific portraits within a set? Like some portraits specifically have their males with small dicks or their females being flat chested yet others in the same group may have the opposite.

I'm not sure how this aspect of modding works so if it's too much effort or outright impossible feel free to ignore me.

I managed to mostly bypass this just by making a ton of custom empires but that doesn't work for fallen empires or privatives.

I also don't know how Fallen Empire generation work but seeing the Asari have testosterone and other masculine traits is amusing.

===

A completely different side note. Do you have a "Calcifire canon" set up for your portraits in regards to traits and empire civics? I guess I wanna make things "authentic" and I've just been making visual assumptions.

4 hours ago, TriggerBlade said:

Looking at the Lithoids trait, I was wondering if there was a way to mod traits so they only spawn for some species Like limit the soft fur trait so it doesn't appear on aquatic or reptilian races. 

As far as limiting traits to certain species class, not just archetypes, it looks simple enough.  Here's part of Radiotrophic as an example:

allowed_archetypes = { BIOLOGICAL }
species_class = { HUM MAM REP AVI ART MOL NECROID AQUATIC TOX }

Just add that species_class section to the trait and remove the species you don't want having it.

...probably.  I haven't actually attempted this, I just saw the question and started sifting through files to see what was already in place.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, TriggerBlade said:

I took at a shot at it for about 30 minutes. No luck.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:43 AM, TriggerBlade said:

A completely different side note. Do you have a "Calcifire canon" set up for your portraits in regards to traits and empire civics? I guess I wanna make things "authentic" and I've just been making visual assumptions.

Yeh, I use a bunch of pre-made civs isntead of RNG civs. Really, I have some sort of lore behind all of the species I've drawn, but I don't think it's important to share. My mod exists so that people can have their own creative control over their universe.

4 hours ago, Calcifire said:

I took at a shot at it for about 30 minutes. No luck.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2130835957
This person managed to do something close to the idea. Maybe it can give some insight?

4 hours ago, Calcifire said:

Yeh, I use a bunch of pre-made civs isntead of RNG civs. Really, I have some sort of lore behind all of the species I've drawn, but I don't think it's important to share. My mod exists so that people can have their own creative control over their universe.

How about sharing for the lazy/uncreative among us XD I joke, if you don't want to share that's fine.

On 11/8/2022 at 4:14 AM, Calcifire said:

Theoretically you could, though I haven't tried it. I have my reasons to doubt it, but assets based on job could work, but idk.

Feel free to reference my own codework on how I change the textures based on traits. To point you in the right direction, in order to change the appearance based on traits, I used an event script.

I will say, based on my own knowledge, I know for a fact that you could change assets based on...

::Traits (which includes the habitability traits... there's an idea in there somewhere, if anyone wants it.)

::Enslavement

::Unemployment

::Purging (fuck that'd be some kinky fucking shit... idk you guys. Now that's I've told you it would be super easy to do, proceed with caution, modders.)

::Assimilation

I can say with a high degree of certainty, that you could find a way to get it to work for...

::Citizenship Status

::Population Control Status

::Migration Control Status

::Colonization Control Status (dunno why you'd want to)

::Ethics Affiliation

::Job Strata (which is not what job they do, but what position in the job hierarchy that they belong to.)

For everything else... I'll say that you ought to be able to get it to work for almost anything, but it might also as well just not work. If I personally took on the task you just described, I would ready myself for failure.

Biggest feat would be those "clothes" to appear in species tab and modification tab ( or even better - imagine adding mutliple breasts and portait change real time - but that would prolly require rewriting entire part of game i suppouse)

Anyway i kinda was dissapointed with tentacle planet so i made lil replacer (highly wip - especially planet view), gotta figure out how to make seperate planet entity (now it just replaces infested worlds, and i would like to change ambient sould so it would be like tentacle flesh pit sounds. Currently i think i make submod - origin tied to tentacles (mysterious uplifters or creators - leaning to creators. All female Specie that relly on breeding with presapient males (will need to buther your presapient set with other portraits that resemble feral males. It will feature chain of archeology and i will hijack worm event chain as reference aswell. Featuring aslo Kinky Uniwersity (kilostructure and gift from creators), (boring classes -learning vanilla traits for ruler and leaders ; kinky classes - lv and maybe some of mine ones; you been a bad bitch - removal of negative traits). I have also idea of new planet class (for my origin and zoo acrology heavy upgradable - tenta-zoo with seas of cum. Torso girls soldiers on dicks of Titanic beasts as army. Oh ideas ideas. Wish me luck ;D

Btw don't mind my post format, im retarded xD

Edited by unwashed biomass
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 4:14 AM, Calcifire said:

That's a rare scenario. Gene inspecting an uplifted primitive species? Thanks for the report. Should be fixed now, there is supposed to be the nuclear apocalypse earth roaches in that gap.

There was a thing that buggered me for some time, i was unable to find presapients in my games. Somehow Calc Portrait Pack makes primitive civs presapient and removes actual from spawning in galaxy (exept scripted system inits). Tested it with only LV and CPP enabled. So unfortunatelly not so rare xD

Edited by unwashed biomass
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.09b6dbb8a4db6daf776385c85ad42c64.png

My first very quick and crude attempt on cuquatic world. Any hope for cum sirens species? (would need to be new archetype as could only inhabitate such worlds). Also a lil request: canine/lupine 4 breasted species, pref all female. Doing my origin mod and those would be purrfect for RP value.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b47f042eb8ba4e52b7499434ffd2749.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.743a36ac417da8290a0d8623f2aa58dd.png

Unique starting world, will have 5-7, terraforming like stages of upgrade (prolly cum oceans included xd)

6 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

There was a thing that buggered me for some time, i was unable to find presapients in my games. Somehow Calc Portrait Pack makes primitive civs presapient and removes actual from spawning in galaxy (exept scripted system inits). Tested it with only LV and CPP enabled. So unfortunatelly not so rare xD

I second or third this. There is something weird about the Calcifire presapient class. I, however, find them as both primitive and spacefaring civilizations. I genemod the presapient class every single game...

15 hours ago, Martichoras said:

I second or third this. There is something weird about the Calcifire presapient class. I, however, find them as both primitive and spacefaring civilizations. I genemod the presapient class every single game...

Spacefaring i don't find prolly because i have plenty of custom civs done and don't make game with lots of starting ais anyway, but every single one primitive is presapient class.

On 11/25/2022 at 12:20 AM, unwashed biomass said:

Spacefaring i don't find prolly because i have plenty of custom civs done and don't make game with lots of starting ais anyway, but every single one primitive is presapient class.

This mostly has to do with the fact that I wanted both primitive and presapient species to utilize unique assets, instead of drawing from the regular species pool. Instead of making two distinct species classes to handle this, I just made the ONE.

As it creates confusion, I'll see what I can do. Likely I'll just add some bloat code and create a "primitive species" class as well.

Since 3.6 is just around teh corner, anything I do will be ready for that version's hotfix.

Edited by Calcifire

Hey, is it possible to use this mod's Director's Cut together with something like Lewd Galaxy? I mean the portraits specifically, I like that this mod gets rid of the fugly vanilla portraits that kind of clash with the fuckfest I've modded this game into, but it seems to also nuke the portraits added by Lewd Galaxy in the main categories. I tried searching if anyone had posted about this earlier but couldn't find anything, sorry if you've already replied to this!

1 hour ago, ROPROPE said:

Hey, is it possible to use this mod's Director's Cut together with something like Lewd Galaxy? I mean the portraits specifically, I like that this mod gets rid of the fugly vanilla portraits that kind of clash with the fuckfest I've modded this game into, but it seems to also nuke the portraits added by Lewd Galaxy in the main categories. I tried searching if anyone had posted about this earlier but couldn't find anything, sorry if you've already replied to this!

they are incompatibile, teoretically you could make a patch.

12 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

they are incompatibile, teoretically you could make a patch.

Oh, is there a resource anywhere for idiots like me on how to make patches? I know Stellaris is a fairly easy game to mod but I wouldn't know where to start

4 hours ago, ROPROPE said:

Oh, is there a resource anywhere for idiots like me on how to make patches? I know Stellaris is a fairly easy game to mod but I wouldn't know where to start

::If you google "stellaris species modding" the first result ought to be the paradoxwikis.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Species_modding

Read that first so that you know what the hell I'm about to talk about.

Basically for any species patch that you want to make, you just need to modify the species class files. Find out who's mod belongs at the bottom of the load order, and then that mod's species class files needs to be edited to include ALL of the "portrait_groups" you want it to have. And that's it. You did it.

the 3.6 patch is now live.

An attempt to address the pre sapient species bug is included.

I also added a couple of event species art assets::

1. The rogue servitor fallen empire now has a unique centaur race populating their nature preserve

2. The toxoid origin will now be accompanied by some 40k Neko Marine robots during certain quests

Hiya!  I mentioned this over on Lithia's page for LV, but I thought I'd let you know for your trait pack, too.  Because of the change in the Genetic Ascension path, Paradox changed their tag for removing beneficial traits from

species_possible_remove = {
        can_remove_beneficial_traits = yes
    }

into

species_possible_remove = {
        can_remove_beneficial_genetic_traits = yes
    }

So even advanced gene-modding can't remove the sex traits currently.

Thanks again for making this mod!  I've noticed Lithia specifically doesn't add portrait mods to LV, and I'm half sure it's because she wants to make sure it won't clash with this; that's just how amazing your work here is.

22 hours ago, EmmaZail said:

Hiya!  I mentioned this over on Lithia's page for LV, but I thought I'd let you know for your trait pack, too.  Because of the change in the Genetic Ascension path, Paradox changed their tag for removing beneficial traits from

Ey, thanks. Got a fix uploading now.

22 hours ago, EmmaZail said:

Thanks again for making this mod!  I've noticed Lithia specifically doesn't add portrait mods to LV, and I'm half sure it's because she wants to make sure it won't clash with this; that's just how amazing your work here is.

If Lithia's ship ever sinks, I go down with her. A real pillar of the community.

22 hours ago, Wobobo123 said:

Hey, I know its probably more LV question but any info about sexy Cyborg and Overtuned traits ?

I haven't heard anything and I don't have any plans to do myself though. Sorry. Most I'd be willing to do is transfer teh existing LV robo traits to the new cybernetic category... But we'll see what Lithia has in store first.

10 hours ago, CromeX said:

Just so you know I dont know why but the download for the Directors Cut seems to be broken.

Uh...... I dunno. I'm going to delete it and reupload it again. Hopefully that helps.