Demonic Creatures - Mod Version V1.80 patch v1.84

8 hours ago, Raydric said:

What mod do you use for the  werewolf penis?

Nothing in particular, it should just be the one Thor made for it?

If you have another kind, then SOS is still enabled for werewolfs and you need to disable them in SoS Mcm

35 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

Nice male character. Is that a follower? I'm looking for a good male character for a video. There's a zillion females, but no males.

Thanks xD He is not a follower, my own preset ?

I agree there aren't really many Male Followers ?

Hi! How you doin'?
Just wanted to report this creature, first encounter after the 1.72 fix, in the 1.7 I saw it normally.
I don't have installed the 1.73fix since I didn't upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 (maybe I need it anyways?)
 image.jpeg.93f8e04eff0d56428fc375655253af1d.jpeg

3 hours ago, Gukahn said:

Thanks xD He is not a follower, my own preset 

I agree there aren't really many Male Followers ?

Which mods do I need to install? The body mod is very good. It's SOS compatible too?

3 hours ago, Arielo said:

Hi! How you doin'?
Just wanted to report this creature, first encounter after the 1.72 fix, in the 1.7 I saw it normally.
I don't have installed the 1.73fix since I didn't upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 (maybe I need it anyways?)

Can you try spawning the welwa through console and see what happens? This is really weird.

Edited by Thor2000
11 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

Which mods do I need to install? The body mod is very good. It's SOS compatible too?

for the Body you would need Himbo, I altered a Premade build for it my Bodyshape is almost identical to this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54296

(here is Himbo for LE if you are on it still. )

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/110630

And yes its Sos Compatible, basically designed for it in the first place.

For the Skin textures you need bits and pieces, I went for nord mature face textures, dunmer bodyhair and nord muscle maps. The Hair is Apachii ?

Highpoly head too of course.

Edited by Gukahn
6 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Can you try spawning the welwa through console and see what happens? This is really weird.

Hi, I spawned via console with the two codes that appeared for creature and the third one for its pelt.
image.jpeg.ad9f537077901e59f4ecb5cf1420a79d.jpeg

2.jpg

Edited by Arielo
Added more.

@Thor2000

So it's a little convoluted to explain. Those record IDs point to a Draugr Template that gets put into some dungeon cells. The Template references either the leveled list that has your new creatures or another template that then references the leveled list. All your creatures have the correct keywords, but the Template that is pulling them doesn't and it doesn't ask for the keywords to be brought along. Normally the Undead keyword is covered by the Draugr race, so an issue comes up when the Falmer race is used instead since it doesn't have the Undead keyword. This is fixed by asking the Template to bring any keywords along with the referenced creature. Your DemonicCreature keyword also gets left behind when this happens. 

Spawned Crippled Skeleton (no undead keyword, falmer race) <- DraugrTemplate (doesn't ask for keyword) <- Leveled List for Draugr <- Crippled Skeleton (has undead keyword)

Here's an esp with the changes made to the records, I think it can explain the problem and fix better in viewing than I can in words: Keyword Flag Patch.esp

48 minutes ago, Papersword said:

@Thor2000

So it's a little convoluted to explain. Those record IDs point to a Draugr Template that gets put into some dungeon cells. The Template references either the leveled list that has your new creatures or another template that then references the leveled list. All your creatures have the correct keywords, but the Template that is pulling them doesn't and it doesn't ask for the keywords to be brought along. Normally the Undead keyword is covered by the Draugr race, so an issue comes up when the Falmer race is used instead since it doesn't have the Undead keyword. This is fixed by asking the Template to bring any keywords along with the referenced creature. Your DemonicCreature keyword also gets left behind when this happens. 

Spawned Crippled Skeleton (no undead keyword, falmer race) <- DraugrTemplate (doesn't ask for keyword) <- Leveled List for Draugr <- Crippled Skeleton (has undead keyword)

Here's an esp with the changes made to the records, I think it can explain the problem and fix better in viewing than I can in words: Keyword Flag Patch.esp

Makes totally sense. This is probably affecting dwarven ruins, vampire places and falmer caves too. 

I'm not at a PC now, so I can't look at it, but there's quite a few of these templates. I'm wondering if I should get serious about custom races and tagging them properly instead of changing the vanilla templates. I doubt many mods alter these templates... but....

Very good find indeed!

1 hour ago, Arielo said:

Hi, I spawned via console with the two codes that appeared for creature and the third one for its pelt.
image.jpeg.ad9f537077901e59f4ecb5cf1420a79d.jpeg

2.jpg

Does others see the Welwa like this too? Strange... it looks like a texture error. I'll check it after Eastern in case anything weird happened when I assembled the files.

Edited by Thor2000
7 hours ago, Gukahn said:

for the Body you would need Himbo, I altered a Premade build for it my Bodyshape is almost identical to this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54296

(here is Himbo for LE if you are on it still. )

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/110630

And yes its Sos Compatible, basically designed for it in the first place.

For the Skin textures you need bits and pieces, I went for nord mature face textures, dunmer bodyhair and nord muscle maps. The Hair is Apachii ?

Highpoly head too of course.

Many thanks Gukahn! I'm going to make myself a hunk for a change ? 

And yeah... I'm still on LE. The plan is to move to SE since I've got a copy of it now, but you know... the modding process from scratch again. It takes so much time. Have so much custom stuff I need to convert ?

11 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

Many thanks Gukahn! I'm going to make myself a hunk for a change ? 

You're very welcome and go for it ?

14 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

And yeah... I'm still on LE. The plan is to move to SE since I've got a copy of it now, but you know... the modding process from scratch again. It takes so much time. Have so much custom stuff I need to convert ?

Mh.. Thing is and I'm sure people have told you that before, I'm not entirely sure IF SE is in any way better than LE.. I mean really x,x

Its just easier to mod for some people. And remembering how long it took me to get a simple setup going.. Wasting another month + and rage quitting 3 at least 3 times a week.. I don't know if it's worth it. There are also LE mods that might be converted for SE but work far better on LE, older animation packs for example

10 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Makes totally sense. This is probably affecting dwarven ruins, vampire places and falmer caves too. 

I'm not at a PC now, so I can't look at it, but there's quite a few of these templates. I'm wondering if I should get serious about custom races and tagging them properly instead of changing the vanilla templates. I doubt many mods alter these templates... but....

Very good find indeed!

Yeah, I'd think it would. I believe I got all the Draugr spawns in my patch. While there isn't any conflicts in my load order, like you say, it could cause problems for others to change vanilla records. 

I can't foresee any obvious issues with changing the templates to have the keyword flag. It is a bit of busy work. I wouldn't be too bothered to do it and pass the esp along to you, if you don't want to go down the custom race route. For now, I think all the player facing issues of anti-undead magic not working on certain creatures is resolved. Though, it does have me thinking about all the other mismatched race combinations, for dwemer and the like. 

I'll likely end up going through them all for my own game (I spend a lot of time needlessly tweaking mods anyways). If it bears fruit without any obvious issues, I'll drop the file here. 

Oh, and just for clarity, I am running Special Edition. 

Edited by Papersword
On 4/8/2023 at 6:14 AM, Papersword said:

Yeah, I'd think it would. I believe I got all the Draugr spawns in my patch. While there isn't any conflicts in my load order, like you say, it could cause problems for others to change vanilla records. 

I can't foresee any obvious issues with changing the templates to have the keyword flag. It is a bit of busy work. I wouldn't be too bothered to do it and pass the esp along to you, if you don't want to go down the custom race route. For now, I think all the player facing issues of anti-undead magic not working on certain creatures is resolved. Though, it does have me thinking about all the other mismatched race combinations, for dwemer and the like. 

I'll likely end up going through them all for my own game (I spend a lot of time needlessly tweaking mods anyways). If it bears fruit without any obvious issues, I'll drop the file here. 

Oh, and just for clarity, I am running Special Edition. 

I'll try the custom races first. There's many other benefits like race resistances and such too.

With dwarven creatures, it shouldn't be many vanilla races left. Basically the small dwarven rieklings. And among the undead there's probably a few too.

Only thing that bothers me is that I failed big time with assigning custom race on those falmer skeletons when I included them and I don't why. But I'll give it another go hoping I just fucked up back then ?

On 4/7/2023 at 7:51 PM, Gukahn said:

You're very welcome and go for it ?

Mh.. Thing is and I'm sure people have told you that before, I'm not entirely sure IF SE is in any way better than LE.. I mean really x,x

Its just easier to mod for some people. And remembering how long it took me to get a simple setup going.. Wasting another month + and rage quitting 3 at least 3 times a week.. I don't know if it's worth it. There are also LE mods that might be converted for SE but work far better on LE, older animation packs for example

You don't see any graphic quality enhancement either? I was just thinking since you have more resources available with SE.

My plan was to have SE without the Tropical Skyrim mods and use it for screenshots and videos. I'll keep using my "Tropical Oldrim" for playing. There is a mod I can't live without that haven't been converted to SE. I can't play without it :-D:

1 hour ago, Thor2000 said:

I'll try the custom races first. There's many other benefits like race resistances and such too.

With dwarven creatures, it shouldn't be many vanilla races left. Basically the small dwarven rieklings. And among the undead there's probably a few too.

Only thing that bothers me is that I failed big time with assigning custom race on those falmer skeletons when I included them and I don't why. But I'll give it another go hoping I just fucked up back then ?

You'll figure it out, I'm sure ! 

1 hour ago, Thor2000 said:

You don't see any graphic quality enhancement either? I was just thinking since you have more resources available with SE.

Mh.. Its long since I used LE over SE and to that time I didn't use an ENB or grafik mods. I would say you have a very small enhancement compared to  LE in an unmodded state?

And people like me who are not that knowledgeable experience a more stable game when modded. But I read from a lot of people over the past 2 Years, who know how and what they are doing, that their LE is stable as it can be. ?

In a good modded state, both games should look identical, i Mean it's still the same 10 years old game

The mod you linked is a big ass mod o_o I think I need at least 5 or 6 different Mods to get its features in SE.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:32 AM, Gukahn said:

Mh.. Its long since I used LE over SE and to that time I didn't use an ENB or grafik mods. I would say you have a very small enhancement compared to  LE in an unmodded state?

And people like me who are not that knowledgeable experience a more stable game when modded. But I read from a lot of people over the past 2 Years, who know how and what they are doing, that their LE is stable as it can be. ?

In a good modded state, both games should look identical, i Mean it's still the same 10 years old game

Well LE for me is table enough. I still have CTDs using Death Alternative and Defeat side by side. More specific when I try to kill an NPC that is downed and handled by defeat. But it does not bother me that much. I'll probably just keep SE for photos&video in a cold Skyrim environment.

On 4/7/2023 at 6:13 PM, Arielo said:

Both pelt and Welwa looks good in both SE and LE. Hard to say what is causing that weird issue.

5 hours ago, shiningfang said:

thanks for the update, finally you made patreon page lol, thank you for your hardworks subbed.

Your welcome. I'm glad It's released too. With some errors here and there. Yeah I got the P-page up now. I've actually had it a long time, but I just didn't put it out until now.

16 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Both pelt and Welwa looks good in both SE and LE. Hard to say what is causing that weird issue.

Maybe a conflict with another mod? I'll try reinstalling MNC or ABC I guess. The mod works fine except for this so I'm happy anyways ahah.
Thanks for your work!

2 hours ago, Arielo said:

Maybe a conflict with another mod? I'll try reinstalling MNC or ABC I guess. The mod works fine except for this so I'm happy anyways ahah.
Thanks for your work!

Hard to say what is causing it. I doubt it is MNC or ABC.

I'd expect these errors to be caused by bad texture formats or bad meshes. But the pelt is a vanilla mesh, and the creature mesh is made by 4thUnknown. I doubt any of these meshes has errors in it. So then it's the texture files. But it's still weird since they're not even 4k in resolution and I can't recall anyone reporting this before.

Both the pelt and the creature use the same texture file. It's located inside Skyrim\Data\textures\NewCreatures\4thUnknown\welwas\ and are named "Welwa_BaseColor.dds" and "Welwa_Normal.dds". You could check that these two files exist.

The mesh files is located inside Skyrim\Data\meshes\NewCreatures\4thUnknown\welwas\. Should be three of them.

Also, are you running Skyrim Immersive Creatures? Or 4thUnknowns original Welwa mod?

You have the correct version of Demonic Creatures installed (LE/SE)?

That is all I can think of ?

9 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Hard to say what is causing it. I doubt it is MNC or ABC.

I'd expect these errors to be caused by bad texture formats or bad meshes. But the pelt is a vanilla mesh, and the creature mesh is made by 4thUnknown. I doubt any of these meshes has errors in it. So then it's the texture files. But it's still weird since they're not even 4k in resolution and I can't recall anyone reporting this before.

Both the pelt and the creature use the same texture file. It's located inside Skyrim\Data\textures\NewCreatures\4thUnknown\welwas\ and are named "Welwa_BaseColor.dds" and "Welwa_Normal.dds". You could check that these two files exist.

The mesh files is located inside Skyrim\Data\meshes\NewCreatures\4thUnknown\welwas\. Should be three of them.

Also, are you running Skyrim Immersive Creatures? Or 4thUnknowns original Welwa mod?

You have the correct version of Demonic Creatures installed (LE/SE)?

That is all I can think of ?

Hi! Yes I started with the 1.7 then installed it's patches for LE and don't have the mods that you mention, just Demonic, MNC and Hentai Creatures.
I abandoned the idea of conflict when a defeat scene triggered, the dick and tongue are ok (looks like the bear ones) but the welwa still looks with the texture issue. 
I'll try replacing these texture/meshes files (?) Just for try something ahah