Night of the Dead

13 hours ago, knyuku123 said:

Not all unreal engine 4 games are easy to mod and most importantly, not all ue4 games are the same. Some of them are easy to mod, and some of them are not.

This game's pak file is encrypted, idk if the key for it is already found or not. Lack of interest and unpopularity is what makes people doesn't wanna bother modding this kind of game.

Sadly idk much about UE4 modding so can't really help. You just have to find someone that is willing to check on this game. Also this is mainly a multiplayer game, so the developer might have added some protection for the game files.

Well, it does have a Single Player mode, so I can't see why a body texture mod, like a nude mod for example would be a huge issue. Now if you modded weapons, world, or zombies that might cause an issue with Multiplayer.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:56 PM, knyuku123 said:

Not all unreal engine 4 games are easy to mod and most importantly, not all ue4 games are the same. Some of them are easy to mod, and some of them are not.

This game's pak file is encrypted, idk if the key for it is already found or not. Lack of interest and unpopularity is what makes people doesn't wanna bother modding this kind of game.

Sadly idk much about UE4 modding so can't really help. You just have to find someone that is willing to check on this game. Also this is mainly a multiplayer game, so the developer might have added some protection for the game files.

one factor  that determines how easy an unreal game is to mod, is rather or not the devs have released a tool kit (UE editor) set specific to their game. This tends to cost extra licensing though.  The dev's making this game are a tiny team so it's not likely that this game will get its' own toolkit/editor release. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
15 hours ago, D C said:

nope didn't work

needs a bypass to get the mod working in game as nothing is changing in game by the mods

Might need to _P the pak file or spoof a .sig file to go with it, otherwise I would need more info on what you are trying to edit and how you are doing it. I haven't played the game so I don't know the game's pak structure. Can't be sure what the problem is.

14 hours ago, Blehbreh said:

Might need to _P the pak file or spoof a .sig file to go with it, otherwise I would need more info on what you are trying to edit and how you are doing it. I haven't played the game so I don't know the game's pak structure. Can't be sure what the problem is.

that wont help since copying sig files don't work anymore (latest ue games) and i already did that, the game doesn't detect anything , we need someone to bypass that .sig protection by reverse engineering the exe

Edited by D C
8 hours ago, D C said:

that wont help since copying sig files don't work anymore (latest ue games) and i already did that, the game doesn't detect anything , we need someone to bypass that .sig protection by reverse engineering the exe

Sig files are easily cloned and used in unreal games, even UE5 games. Just take one of the game's sig files and rename it to the same name as your mod. If the assets aren't showing up in the game, check Umodel and see if you can find your asset, if you can't it your file structure might not be correct. You might find it in another directory in Umodel, just not in the place it needs to be to overwrite the original asset. Give that a shot first because if there needs to be an exe mod, this game will probably never get any mods.

18 hours ago, D C said:

i've reversed the exe and compared the signature bypass from other unreal engine games, try this

1. open the exe (LF-Win64-Shipping.exe) with hex editor and search for this hex value

74 3F 48 8B 08 48 85 C9

change 74 into 75 so it will be like this 75 3F 48 8B 08 48 85 C9

2. save the file and try launching the game with pak mods enabled

3. if its still doesnt work, then add one more patches : search for this hex value 88 46 30 48 8B 1D 37 36 B8 06

and change it into 90 90 90 48 8B 1D 37 36 B8 06

so that now you have 2 patches applied.

EDIT: only first patch is needed

Edited by knyuku123
56 minutes ago, knyuku123 said:

i've reversed the exe and compared the signature bypass from other unreal engine games, try this

1. open the exe (LF-Win64-Shipping.exe) with hex editor and search for this hex value

74 3F 48 8B 08 48 85 C9

change 74 into 75 so it will be like this 75 3F 48 8B 08 48 85 C9

2. save the file and try launching the game with pak mods enabled

3. if its still doesnt work, then add one more patches : search for this hex value 88 46 30 48 8B 1D 37 36 B8 06

and change it into 90 90 90 48 8B 1D 37 36 B8 06

so that now you have 2 patches applied.

Confirmed working! The first patch is not needed, just the second one. Epic work. Do you mind if I upload this to Nexus for visibility?