Red Triangles on Female characters when wearing vanilla armor

11 hours ago, RW311 said:

If you delete the correct nif file, the one that is for se or whatever reason it's causing red x then nothing happens the game will revert to skryim bsa for the files like Alesia said.

If you delete the wrong one then you make another red x or worse if you start deleting important nif files.

Did you check that the bodyslide had put your armor nifs in skyrim\data\meshes? 

If this is what happened I think I would recommend  you dump everything and start over and use a mod manager setup that prevents this from happening because it can take a bit to figure out each and every nif that must be removed. 

If you want to fix it then find what mod you installed that gave you the SE nif files and follow it's folder structure and the name of the nif files it creates so  you know what to delete, if it only had bodyslide files then you will have to open and check each xml of each outfit to see the file path and output name. Or the really slow way is go in game, find red x, click on offending mesh and track it down using ck or tes5edt... this is a stupid slow way to do it just uninstall the game and start over if this is the only option

You're quite right. I've been through that process before, and whilst was a good learning experience, it wasn't worth when I gimped the game again. 

Going traitors lottery for the offending .nif files at my level of competence would be like putting out the fire with gasoline. I'll try doing an armor uninstall as suggested, but I'm willing to bet that I'll have minimal success. 

Thanks for the tips.

Alright, so the files that TESedit pinged as altering armors were all uninstalled, and to no success. I even tried disabling DLC content, but to no avail. 

As expected, a complete restart is what's required. Anything else is too impractical for someone like me.

I'll go over all of the other mods that I downloaded from here, and check that they too aren't intended for SSE, make sure that I've learned my lesson. 

A big thanks to everyone who participated in this thread, I've learnt a great deal from each of you. Here's hoping that I wont have to post here in a while.

Thank you all for your time and advice. 

6 hours ago, w0883g0ngz said:

Alright, so the files that TESedit pinged as altering armors were all uninstalled, and to no success. I even tried disabling DLC content, but to no avail. 

As expected, a complete restart is what's required. Anything else is too impractical for someone like me.

I'll go over all of the other mods that I downloaded from here, and check that they too aren't intended for SSE, make sure that I've learned my lesson. 

A big thanks to everyone who participated in this thread, I've learnt a great deal from each of you. Here's hoping that I wont have to post here in a while.

Thank you all for your time and advice. 

If you haven't done entire reinstall, I would verify integrity of game files in Steam, sounds like your dorked in your data folder or in Skyrim,dlc's esm's. If you testing with no mods on new game and problem is still there after verify integrity game files then it's Skyrim or dlc esm's

I think there is vanilla mesh for body when in armor/clothes. Curious, how do mods that add new armors act?

10 minutes ago, Heroine of the Night said:

If you haven't done entire reinstall, I would verify integrity of game files in Steam, sounds like your dorked in your data folder or in Skyrim,dlc's esm's. If you testing with no mods on new game and problem is still there after verify integrity game files then it's Skyrim or dlc esm's

I think there is vanilla mesh for body when in armor/clothes. Curious, how do mods that add new armors act?

I've gone ahead with the reinstall. Installed all the previous bikini stuff, sans the SSE replace, no Triangles so far. 

Mods that added new armors were fine. Absolutely 0 affected, DLC armors were the same. As previously mentioned, I disabled the DLC .esm files and I still ran into the mesh issue. 

6 hours ago, w0883g0ngz said:

This is part of your problem. You not understanding what you are doing and then making willy-nilly changes that at best are useless or at worst compound the problem. Trouble-shooting is about being methodical and systematic.

Glad you are up and running anyway.

59 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

This is part of your problem. You not understanding what you are doing and then making willy-nilly changes that at best are useless or at worst compound the problem. Trouble-shooting is about being methodical and systematic.

Glad you are up and running anyway.

Thanks?