21 hours ago, Rosario Blackthorne said:

guys, (maybe it's been mentioned before here or elsewhere) is there any mod or tip how to disable the masks for aliens in batu, cause my sims were used with Paulson'NPC mod to the batu and they now having these masks on 'em all the time, so i would like to somehow disable all of the masks if possible, i'd rather look at regular humans all around instead of the masked fake aliens. thx. 

The head should be a cas item like everything else. I think WW has an option to list all active cas party and I also wrote a mod to dump them. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/155877-identify-package-of-bad-cas-cc-tutorial/ could help to revert it.

9 hours ago, Oops19 said:

The head should be a cas item like everything else. I think WW has an option to list all active cas party and I also wrote a mod to dump them. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/155877-identify-package-of-bad-cas-cc-tutorial/ could help to revert it.

The head is a CAS item. But is it possible to dump EAxis made CAS items with your mod? If so, this would be indeed extremely helpful,

Just a heads up... If you want you can have Kylo Ren and whatshername protagonist-rebel jedi girl as strippers in your WW stripclub.

I resisted the temptation, even though it would have been objectivly funny, but it's a thing you can do if you are a completionist like me an got this stupid pack when it was 50% off (I figured it was worth as much as a stuff-pack, so I caved and got it...).

On 11/12/2020 at 5:08 PM, Kashked said:

Just a heads up... If you want you can have Kylo Ren and whatshername protagonist-rebel jedi girl as strippers in your WW stripclub.

I resisted the temptation, even though it would have been objectivly funny, but it's a thing you can do if you are a completionist like me an got this stupid pack when it was 50% off (I figured it was worth as much as a stuff-pack, so I caved and got it...).

I resisted getting it when it was 50% off and I think there will be another sale just around the corner. Out of curiousity and because I'm terrible at reading between the lines: Was it worth half the price or was that still too much for that pack? Because I plan on not caving until it's 75% off. It's not just because I don't care about Star Wars at all (I'm a Star Trek fan and for several reasons never got into Star Wars) but a general issue with the pack.

Maybe it's because I don't like crossovers. On TV shows as a German viewer I'm often screwed because different channels might have baught the series that are shown on the same network in the USA of the UK - so often they won't air in order or back to back. And even if they are on the same channel they can still mess it up. ("Grey's Anatomy" and "Station 19" (or "Seattle Firefighters" the titel they use in Germany) is a great example for episodes getting shown on the same night but out of order.)

I did ask myself it I would like it more if it were "Star Trek" and I could deny that. I just feel like the game shouldn't bring another fictional element into it from an already existing fandom. But that's marketing and I think it's a prime example how a plan for cross-marketing backfired. I remember the IKEA stuff pack and H&M stuff pack for the Sims 2 and they weren't cheap when I got them. They didn't even add new gameplay elements to the game but were really just clothes and/or objects. But it made the game a bit more realistic while Star Wars achived the opposite. Just my two cents.

So, @Kashked, how do you feel about the pack and was it worth the money? (I'm open to changing my mind but so far I didn't hear/read any god arguments.)

The 3 places are small and one can do a few missions there. It adds something new but it's not needed.

The three 'worlds' are very small and on one map - as travelling is needed to get from A to B they could have added 3 worlds.

But even the small worlds were created in a hurry. Buildings with dummy doors, many places are decoration only and can't be reached or entered.

Each time you travel your droids are added to inventory and you need to place them again in the world.

My 1st order & resistance officers couple stays 100% in love and while one is doing a mission the other keeps them entertained. Also scripting was done in a hurry - I'd like to fly the TIE with my own crew and not only one sim. at least one can fly the TIE with other sims.

For $9 I can live with these issues. I don't expect that you can get it for $5, maybe for $8.

PS: My mission gameplay is now straightforward: Whenever an NPC appears to check the ID or interrupt the mission 'WW > NPC Sex' keeps them busy.

On 11/12/2020 at 5:08 AM, carlfatal said:

The head is a CAS item. But is it possible to dump EAxis made CAS items with your mod? If so, this would be indeed extremely helpful,

While I can remove or modify the head cas part the change is not shown in game (also head/hat removal works does not always work). It may be an additional trait which I can't remove atm.

9 hours ago, ChocoBetty said:

I resisted getting it when it was 50% off and I think there will be another sale just around the corner. Out of curiousity and because I'm terrible at reading between the lines: Was it worth half the price or was that still too much for that pack?

I´ve bought the pack, when it was availlable for 50 percent. For me it was worth the price, cause after some research I knew, that I indeed would like to build with the objects in this pack. And so I did, and now I have a bunch off buildings, that use items from Star Wars.. But the gameplay isn´t worth a penny. I see the SW-pack as another very expensive stuff pack but at least better than for example the pets stuff pack, if bought for only a ffew Euros.

But I refused to pay the ffull price for any pack in the Sims 4, even Snowy Escape can be bought for 25 Euros at Instant Gaming atm.

@Oops19,

oh, I think, you did missunderstand my question. I won´t change anything, I only search for a possibility to hide EAxis items in the CAS, that I don´t like. But thank you for the answer though!

I STILL don't like the fact that EA FORCED this pack on us (Remember, it was DEAD LAST in a community poll that had SKIN TONES as THE OVERWHELMING WINNER) but since I have a Prison Life game & am looking at Mt. Komorebi as the home of Rhua Pente (Which if you're A TREKKIE, you know it's THE ALIEN'S GRAVEYARD), it only makes PERFECT SENSE to add Journey To Batuu to ENSURE that I get ALIEN inmates AS WELL AS humanoid ones

So I'll likely be getting this pack on PC (But NOT on console)

15 hours ago, ChocoBetty said:

@Kashked, how do you feel about the pack and was it worth the money? (I'm open to changing my mind but so far I didn't hear/read any god arguments.)

I honestly don't know, I haven't played it, but from seeing videos of it it's absolutely not worth it, even at 50% off. I just bought it so I could download mods and sims without needing to check if they used some clothing or furniture from the pack honestly. I figured I had paid the same for stuffpacks i almost never use before (bowling for example).

Yeah, I know, people like me is why EA keeps getting away with shit like this. 

So basically, if you want the clothes or furniture, I guess, meh? Gameplay-wise it seems pretty useless.

Thank you, @carlfatal and @Kashked for your replies! I like to read what make you want a pack. Kashked, please let me know how you feel about it once you've experienced it in game. The "Open World mod" by "TheSimsPlus" if you want the airplane to fly. 

5 hours ago, PC Naughty Boy said:

I STILL don't like the fact that EA FORCED this pack on us (Remember, it was DEAD LAST in a community poll that had SKIN TONES as THE OVERWHELMING WINNER) but since I have a Prison Life game & am looking at Mt. Komorebi as the home of Rhua Pente (Which if you're A TREKKIE, you know it's THE ALIEN'S GRAVEYARD), it only makes PERFECT SENSE to add Journey To Batuu to ENSURE that I get ALIEN inmates AS WELL AS humanoid ones

So I'll likely be getting this pack on PC (But NOT on console)

Rhua Pente... The Trekkie in me has quite some memories in regards to that. After all it didn't just show up in one of the movies but also in "Enterprise". 

Aliens did come with "Get to work" by the way. The Star Wars ones are just humanoid sims in costumes, as far as I understood. But maybe someone else can confirm or deny that. The aliens from "Get to work" are blue, a shade of purple or green and can hide in humanoid form - but also get discovered as aliens. I had an unexpected male pregnancy and an alien baby that I hadn't asked for. My sim worked in the scientist branch of "Get to work", but I'm not 100% sure about the correct English term. He build a satelite dish at work, brought it home, got abducted multiple times and came back pregnant. But it took me some time to realise what had happened. One can also visit the alien world via a portal. If its work related a lot more stuff is there. If you use the portal from home the world is a bit bleak but one can meet aliens there as well.

8 hours ago, carlfatal said:

@Oops19,

oh, I think, you did missunderstand my question. I won´t change anything, I only search for a possibility to hide EAxis items in the CAS, that I don´t like. But thank you for the answer though!

This mod is meant to be in-game. It could be in interesting challenge to write a mod which hides items in CAS.

If you want to get rid of a female hat you may simply use s4s to create a CAS Overwrite and deselect "ShowInUI". The resulting saved package is very small and will hide the head when added to the mods folder. One has to do this for each hat to hide (same colors can be grouped), depending on your needs this may be some work but likely finished within 10 minutes unless you plan to hide 100 other things too.

The attached file is for this female hat:

image.png.5cabbf0e85a1eaa01bcc643e7ddc6db0.png

image.png.b23b0de33f172fc07d5bf639550d9b04.png

sw-hat.package

4 hours ago, ChocoBetty said:

Rhua Pente... The Trekkie in me has quite some memories in regards to that. After all it didn't just show up in one of the movies but also in "Enterprise". 

At the risk of repeating myself: A "Star Trek"-themed pack (especially one from the "pre-Kirk era" as seen in "Enterprise") would have made much more sense IMO, given TS4's existing context - and that's my big problem with the SW pack, now that I got it on sale and finally had some time to play.

Gameplay-wise there really isn't that much, but what you get is some strange-yet-familiar mix of both text-based and point-and-click adventure games. If you like games, where at least half of the action is only happening in your imagination (supported by bits and pieces of narrative text), then you can easily spend a few hours doing missions. I played through both the Resistance and Smuggler arcs with the same character, and while it was repetitive at times, I can't deny that I also had a bit of fun.

All the stuff that comes with the pack is great for either decorating the place of a total nerd (who never takes a day off, unless GeekCon), or creating a secret base of operations within an otherwise "normal" neighborhood (using underground structures and/or hidden doorways). Building a SW-themed house, on the other hand? I don't think so.

So, what really spoils it for me: I don't know, whether I should take it seriously (as in "Is it real or just a theme park?").

IIRC, Earth existed somewhere within those 35 levels of contradictory SW-canon that were thrown out of the window some time ago, so one could try to see Batuu as a "real" world (similar to Sixam or that place where all the spellcasters go). Alien Sims would still make sense, although they might be too similar to existing SW species, vampirism could be explained and spellcaster magic could be seen as another aspect of the Force (Nightsisters of Dathomir, anyone?). Mermaids may be problematic, as they don't fit into the general idea of SW, but I wouldn't be surprised if similar concepts had been depicted in some 90s graphic novels, that have long been forgotten. I mean, it's Star Wars - back in the days, literally everything existed in this universe, if some author could come up with even half an explanation.

But still, somehow it doesn't work. Somehow, SW and TS4 sharing a universe feels off.

"Alright then, what about Batuu being a theme park?", somebody reading this post may ask. - "Yeah, cool, but why do we have fully functional starfighters and other spacecraft, actual lightsabers and blasters, droids and SW characters (some of which can use Force abilities)?", I'll reply.

Too many elements typical for Star Wars stories and games are shown to be "real" in this pack and the whole "story" is very much reminiscent of proper SW games. While the pack does work as an isolated event (it's not great, but I guess it's alright), it doesn't do anything to fit into the world of TS4.

To answer the question brought up @ChocoBetty (although nobody asked me): The pack is definitely not worth the full price. At 50% off, it feels like what you would expect from EA these days - a short burst of fun and maybe even euphoria (I'm Franconian, which basically means "grumpy German", so I'm unable to experience those emotions and properly pronounce/use the letters P, T and K), followed by the let-down of realizing that it all isn't that great.

If you really, REALLY like Star Wars or just don't care about stuff fitting into context, there's probably nothing wrong with the pack.

If you're looking for a good addition to your TS4 experience, or want something that brings some interesting and new gameplay to the table, don't buy it.

Star Trek could've gotten away with some story about time travel and parallel universes (just one example: "First Contact"), but Star Wars has to admit, that it was somehow forced into this due to silly reasons (like a crossover or just "because we can").

I hope this slightly lengthy review is of use to somebody.

8 minutes ago, Crashdown117 said:

While the pack does work as an isolated event (it's not great, but I guess it's alright), it doesn't do anything to fit into the world of TS4.

That is actually, personally, my main problem with the pack. I mean, we have a world that canonically have vampires, aliens, cowplants, the motherplant, spellcasters, the Grim Reaper with an Ipad, Father Winter, and every level of goofy cartoony sillyness you can imagine... But it all fits as a whole. Journey to Baatu is entirely divorced from all that. If I ever do end up heading out there my headcanon is that it's a themepark. There is no other way to reconcile it with the surrounding game.

11 hours ago, Kashked said:

If I ever do end up heading out there my headcanon is that it's a themepark. There is no other way to reconcile it with the surrounding game.

Has to be the best and most realistic theme park in the history of theme parks then - or some trippy fantasy world you'll visit in your dreams after doing drugs (just saw that BMD added this as a feature).

Anyway, the "theme park" explanation is probably what I'll go with, too. Also serves as a great excuse for all the laziness in the world building department and the wasted opportunities on the SW side of this pack. Falcon, X-Wing and that First Order "what's its name"-craft are rollercoasters or some newfangled VR experience, faction leaders and other "VIPs" like Chewie are actors, and all the stuff happening with the missions is part of some large-scale LARP event (maybe even supported by some folks from the 501st).

I mean, technically, a visit to Batuu IS a vacation.

4 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

I mean, technically, a visit to Batuu IS a vacation.

And your sims can walk there. Plus the space craft missions are just text based, which could be just a VR booth. Aliens either wear makeup, or hats and gloves. There's no force, and you can buy more realistic lightsabers in RL (my nephew and niece have better ones). Actually, your sims can buy lightsabers at the gift shop (no force required). It REALLY feels like an immersive SW theme park for sims.

36 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

It REALLY feels like an immersive SW theme park for sims.

So, is it the marketing folks' fault then, actually? They're selling a pack that's based upon a theme park, but pretend it's not a theme park.

I think, I'm going to use cheats and charge my Sims for visiting Batuu / Galaxy's Edge from now on - maybe even have them take a few days off, just like holiday in Granite Falls or trips to the jungle, and introduce a conversion rate for Simoleons and Credits, akin to the different budgets of households and their owned businesses. If only I were any good at modding and had some time to spare...

52 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

you can buy more realistic lightsabers in RL (my nephew and niece have better ones)

Now I feel old. I still remember those toy sabers with their "telescopic blade" (fancy word for some stacked pieces of plastic, inspired by the lower half of an office chair), and that little, cheap-as-dirt lightsource inside the hilt, which would drain the batteries like it was a freaking hyperdrive and only illuminate the first two or three elements of the blade properly.

But then again, those cool new lightsabers are probably the only thing good about Star Wars these days (aside from what a friend recommended to me as "The Mandalorian Firefly", maybe).

2 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

Now I feel old. I still remember those toy sabers with their "telescopic blade" (fancy word for some stacked pieces of plastic, inspired by the lower half of an office chair), and that little, cheap-as-dirt lightsource inside the hilt, which would drain the batteries like it was a freaking hyperdrive and only illuminate the first two or three elements of the blade properly.

? ? My nephew and niece's extend as 1 piece (similar to blowing up a balloon I guess, but these are hard). They hum when you move them, exactly like in the movies, crackle when they make contact with each other or metal (I'm guessing magnets), and produce a nice glow. I should mention that my nephew and niece's cost $400 USD each. The ones in the game don't even give off light. They're white and just have a colored "glow" painted around them. ?

Spoiler

2058029675_09-19-20_10-29-11PM.png.c6973add5c28a6525f465628dff84cf1.png

685769095_09-19-20_10-30-00PM.png.9f537c750c948927712b9b8651d37067.png

1211603061_09-19-20_10-30-23PM.png.05c10d5680e5e9b4e2cef95a2f79aa95.png

618530241_09-19-20_10-31-18PM.png.d17f6ff594ccccf56ae5e4f05e9257c5.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention the astromech droids. They have limited function on Batuu, but they're useless once you go home. Aside from sticking them in the corner of your house as deco, the only thing you can do is play with them (like an RC car) using a tablet. They don't repair anything or clean anything, like the roomba or DU robots. Sad.

2 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

So, is it the marketing folks' fault then, actually? They're selling a pack that's based upon a theme park, but pretend it's not a theme park.

I can say 99% sure it IS a theme park, without the cool show. Whether or not it's supposed to be, is another question that I can't answer.

14 minutes ago, Crashdown117 said:

introduce a conversion rate for Simoleons and Credits, akin to the different budgets of households and their owned businesses

If you can do that, we can easily make poker tables, giving the game table tuning from the sabacc tables.

4 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

My nephew and niece's extend as 1 piece (similar to blowing up a balloon I guess, but these are hard). They hum when you move them, exactly like in the movies, crackle when they make contact with each other or metal (I'm guessing magnets), and produce a nice glow. I should mention that my nephew and niece's cost $400 USD each.

Yeah, go ahead and rub it in ?

Those sabers from the late 90s and eartly 2000s were also quite pricey, IIRC - maybe not 400 bucks, but neither did they have any of the features you mentioned, nor was SW owned by Disney at the time. They were really just over-glorified flashlights and blades like the one in-game now would've been an improvement.

My guess on the tech side would be a motion sensor for the humming, and something like that fine wire or whatever it is that's used as a security measure on some modern windows (makes an alarm go off, when someone tries to break into the place) to trigger sound upon contact. At least I hope that it's something like that, because at that price, they better had evolved quite somewhat over the past two decades.

But as long as the kids are happy and have fun playing with them...

If you can do that, we can easily make poker tables, giving the game table tuning from the sabacc tables.

I think, there was a mod that allowed gambling for money some time ago. Both darts and games at the table were included, if I'm not mistaken, but unfortunately I can't remember the name.

Anyway, as I'm rather lazy and don't know that much about modding TS4, I'm doing all that stuff manually - either via MCCC, or using console commands.

Then again, this shouldn't be too hard to do (speaking from a Computer Science student's perspective and not taking into account that we're dealing with an EA product here).

I can say 99% sure it IS a theme park, without the cool show. Whether or not it's supposed to be, is another question that I can't answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Galaxy's_Edge

Case closed.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the astromech droids. They have limited function on Batuu, but they're useless once you go home. Aside from sticking them in the corner of your house as deco, the only thing you can do is play with them (like an RC car) using a tablet. They don't repair anything or clean anything, like the roomba or DU robots. Sad.

Sad, indeed. Especially given the fact, that DU introduced bots for every task an astromech or a similar droid would perform, except for the whole hacking and slicing stuff. However, that can be done by a Servo, which can be seen as the more useful cousin of the protocol droid.

Of course, now I have to wonder, why these two elements of gameplay have not been connected. Or can we build an astromech using our Robotics skill and I just didn't notice yet?

Let me tell you about Rey and Kylo. If you thought they were underwhelming characters in the movies, like kids "playing" Star Wars (I did), they're far more underwhelming now. They basically just make appearances, but you can interact with them. Their lightsabers are props, used for the animations, so they don't actually have them. Which means you can't get use of Kylo's special saber (for my pics I added both he and Rey to my household, and gave him a normal red saber).

Speaking of lightsabers, what are they good for? A duel to the death, where the losing sim dies? No. You can get different hilts and combine them with different color crystals, to customize your saber. You can train with it, where that little spherical droid shoots stun lasers at you. (NOTE: weilding a lightsaber uses the Fitness skill. Even a sim with no Fitness skill will deflect the laser almost every time). The ONLY other thing you can do is "spar" with another who has one (I only ever saw 1 sim I could spar with besides Rey and Kylo, and that was setup after I just bought my first saber). "Sparing" is two sims smacking each other's weapon without trying to hit each other. You can't actually fight with them at all. So all you're left to do with, is carry them around pretending your some lame jedi with no powers. EXCEPT that you can't do that either. Yes, you can put it in your inventory, but you can't carry it in your hand. So I guess that's 3 things you can do with them; practice, spar (limited opportunities), keep in inventory. Basically, just practice with them.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from getting this pack, but if they want Star Wars, they should know that this is a Star Wars theme park with everything "Star Wars" having been removed from it, except for the aesthetics.

5 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from getting this pack, but if they want Star Wars, they should know that this is a Star Wars theme park with everything "Star Wars" having been removed from it, except for the aesthetics.

And even the aesthetics aren't done in a way that's all that great. Looking at Batuu, it's really just a generic world in the Outer Rim, that appears to draw heavily on both Tatooine (the very prototype of all Outer Rim planets) and Takodana (where Maz' castle or whatever is located in Ep7).

I have to admit, though, that I may be a bit "spoiled" when it comes to this part of a game's design. Having played stuff like the "Syberia" series of games (point-and-click adventures with absolutely gorgeous scenery, IMO), I don't give praise that easily, but

a) TS4's other game worlds set a significantly lower standard, so I'm not expecting Batuu to be exceptional - "average" would be fine,

b) some of TS4's game worlds feel a lot less generic, while none of them would have to be (except for Strangerville and Forgotten Hollow), and

c) I have been actively playing SWTOR for a couple of years (plus some of the good old LucasArts games), so I've seen my fair share of Star Wars planets in games - both the great ones and the ones that make you think "let's just get this over with".

Batuu, to me, looks and feels as if it crash-landed somewhere right in between two extremes - the low-graphics goofiness and bits-and-pieces design of the LEGO games (but those made that concept work), and the classic "world with a few noteworthy places" that especially veteran players may know from numerous RPGs and adventure games (like KotOR, or most recently "Jedi: Fallen Order").

It really is an underwhelming Star Wars experience as a whole - "like kids playing Star Wars", as @2cool4u_1 put it.

By the way, I know that I'm bouncing back and forth between trying to make this pack work as a part of the game and finding reasons for that to be impossible, but looking at different aspects of it results in different outcomes.

As a Star Wars-themed playground, Batuu is exactly like I remember me being a kid playing Star Wars (which present day Crash would be commenting on just like Statler and Waldorf). Somebody is Darth Vader, the other guy is Luke Skywalker, and either we're flying around in our starfighters (shouting "pew-pew") or we're fighting a lightsaber duel (without ever really hitting each other, and actually without any "real" lightsaber at all).

On the other hand, both as a world from the Star Wars universe and as a TS4 game world, Batuu is just disappointing. It is not based on an actual planet from that galaxy that has places like Nar Shaddaa, Korriban and Dantooine, but simply a slightly "upgraded" depiction of some RL theme park. And that would be fine, if EAxis didn't pretend otherwise and if we were actually able to enjoy that theme park in every aspect. Even Chris Sawyer's very first "Rollercoaster Tycoon" game from 1999 had a lot more of that, and you were actually supposed to build and manage the parks.

I can't believe that this is my verdict, but less Star Wars would have been better here. Make it a theme park, add a resort for our Sims to stay at, and you have a perfect addition to Granite Falls (nature lovers' paradise) and Selvadorada ("Indiana Jones / Tomb Raider"-style jungle for adventurous and culturally interested tourists). With Snowy Escape's new world catering to the whole winter sports community, you would have everything covered.

16 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

By the way, I know that I'm bouncing back and forth between trying to make this pack work as a part of the game and finding reasons for that to be impossible, but looking at different aspects of it results in different outcomes.

I can't believe that this is my verdict, but less Star Wars would have been better here. Make it a theme park, add a resort for our Sims to stay at, and you have a perfect addition to Granite Falls (nature lovers' paradise) and Selvadorada ("Indiana Jones / Tomb Raider"-style jungle for adventurous and culturally interested tourists). With Snowy Escape's new world catering to the whole winter sports community, you would have everything covered.

I don't have much to say, but that I agree with you here. Batuu lands somewhere in between theme park and actual world. With that in mind, and remembering our discussion on Skin Tones, and how the devs said they try to do as little work as possible (I'm paraphrasing), I've now come to the conclusion that it is supposed to be an actual SW world. It falls incredibly short due to lack of any real content. On the other hand, if they were selling a SW theme park pack vs an actual become-a-jedi / scoundrel / storm trooper adventure in the SW universe*, I'm sure they would get considerably less sales. For that, they'd be better off selling an amusement park pack with stuff like build your own roller coaster for sims.

*It's not even in the SW universe as it contradicts the timeline of the movies.

I hope people remember: EA has an exclusive right to the Star Wars IP. They've been using it to make the Battlegrounds games for sometime now. After the bad press they got over the loot boxes they likely knew they needed some good will on their side to make them look good to Lucasfilm/Disney. This has spurred the creation and release of a few new game types not offered by EA in years with the Star Wars brand.

The fact they extended this to the Sims franchise shouldn't be surprising as it's basically damage control between the corporation, the share holders and Disney - and has absolutely nothing to do with the wishes of the player base.

Like usual, the players have taken shit and made something useful from it - well played to the Sims 4 community.

Well, there is an interesting option in Basemental Drugs now. Baatu only accessible through psycadelics. Haven't tried it out but it's interesting in concpt. "It's was all just a dream/trip man...".

And also Turbodriver updated so aliens wont show up at stripclubs any more. That guy is taking all the fun out of this game...?

5 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

It's not even in the SW universe as it contradicts the timeline of the movies.

With how the new trilogy changed Star Wars, I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to go "full Star Trek" on this whole concept of timelines. The new Death Star (and it was a Death Star) could fire at any given target anywhere in the galaxy and hit in an instant (so no need to bring it to Alderaan), the Resistance flagship turned into the Galactica and tried to run away from the Cylons...I mean, First Order while burning its last reserves (what kind of fuel does it even need? Diesel?), and bombs now officially require gravity to hit their targets - IN SPACE. So, why not go ahead and say that this whole Batuu thing is somehow tied to - I don't know - a strong link in the Force betweeen Kylo and Rey, that makes them fight their mind battles on this lifelike chessboard of a planet? We're in bullshit territory already, everything's possible now.

5 hours ago, landess said:

I hope people remember: EA has an exclusive right to the Star Wars IP. They've been using it to make the Battlegrounds games for sometime now. After the bad press they got over the loot boxes they likely knew they needed some good will on their side to make them look good to Lucasfilm/Disney. This has spurred the creation and release of a few new game types not offered by EA in years with the Star Wars brand.

And I like how they tried something new (or rather: something old again), because they showed potential with both Fallen Order (although the ending went down a little hasty IMO) and Squadrons (despite the terrible Battlefront control scheme they used as the default). I would love to see more stuff like this, but EA has grown very complacent with "being EA" and their more recent games reflect that - sometimes to an extent that makes me doubt they really think about "looking good" to anyone, particularly those that pay for those games with their hard-earned money.

Yes, they appear to have learned a lesson or two from the whole Battlefront disaster, and maybe they'll get TS4 back on track sooner than some of us may think. But let's not forget, that it's still the same EA resposible for "Mass Effect: Andromeda" and whatever has happened to the "Need For Speed" games.

5 hours ago, landess said:

Like usual, the players have taken shit and made something useful from it

That about sums it up.