10 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Due to Covid-19 they are adjusting to working from home and cannot provide the same level of quality.

To be honest, this is the one thing I'm actually buying to some extent (or I would be, if this wasn't part of the same EA lame excuses letter that contained all the other BS).

Some other dev teams have shared a bit about how they're adjusting to the new situation, for example SCS Software (makers of American and Euro Truck Simulators), and pretty much all of them pointed out two things:

1. Adjusting to the pandemic takes some time. You need to have a workplace at home and change both your personal working habits and the way you tackle tasks as a group. Some people might require better hardware and sometimes remote access to company servers needs to be improved or even set up for everyone.

2. Despite video calls and all that fancy stuff, you're still alone in a way. If you're used to working with your buddies, chatting about the big game on your coffee break, and having some folks around you that can help you with any issues on short notice, working from home is quite a change.

I also have to do my university stuff from home at the moment and that definitely has an impact on the quality of my work. However, I'm still getting stuff done and I still manage to fulfill my goals. In my eyes, this would be a valid excuse, if it just took them longer to finish things - because quality can be improved simply by taking the time to do so.

But what's far more important, is that the issues pointed out by players didn't arise just recently. These requests have been around ever since the game had been released, and neither some virus nor movements like BLM have anything to do with that. The "Letter from the Sims team" is just the latest entry into this whole parade of "shut up and give us your money" communication - and as evidenced by above additions, there's even more than what I ranted about in that letter alone.

And thanks for the skin tone example, I was too lazy to dig one up after all the typing.

I wish one could play as Imperator and use the Force instead of the cheat menu. One day there will be a sale and I'll add Mickey Mouse to my collection.

Regarding the skin tone: Devs need three color calibrated screens and optimized lightning before they can change it and check how it looks in-game. One guy is needed to install the nude-patch for them locally. And they need a RL model with the exact skin tone to compare all the details. Only if everything matches the board may approve it  ;)

Setting up remote access with computers should have been done in April, especially for Origin as an IT company. Their developers hopefully have water and electric power at home or do they live in slums?

It's a shame that they discard great ideas because of the estimated effort. No risk, no fun but knitting.

As a Star Wars fan and SW:TOR fan, I am looking forward to this. I've seen the reviews about what is and isn't possible with this expansion, and while some of it does seem disappointing and this isn't a traditional Sims play-style game, I'm excited to try this when it comes out later today. I may end up regretting it, I may end up being the odd one out who's having a blast, we'll see. 

That said though, while this does seem to be up my alley, I would have much preferred something for the majority of Simmers to enjoy. Hell, I would have chosen a bug fix/QoL update over this new game pack tbh so I get everyone's frustration and this pack does feel very niche. From what I've seen, if you're not familiar with at least some basic Star Wars/RPG content, this will feel confusing and frustrating. That should never be the case and I'd say for builders it's a fun pack at least but all the new items are extremely themed yet Batuu is a travel destination world that you can only build on using cheats so that kinda sullies that. 

For myself, judging by trailers and teasers, I'd give this a 7/10 for now. 

As a Sims game overall I'd give it a 3/10 

Had early access to this disney ad pack and it's terrible. There is only 1 house you can enter, the rest is rabit hole only, point and click and so on. The pack is so bland. Please, don't buy it, you will waste your money. Download it illegaly somewhere if you want. It's the worst gamepack ever, probably near My first pet stuff.

The only new "gameplay" here is lightsaber fight and THAT'S ALL. Drone's animations are reused animations, the special game you can play is the same... everything else is Vampires/Salvadora/strangerville gamepack reused gamplay.

There is not even a new world with this pack contrary to Magic realm or vampires GP. It's a vacation world you can go with your phone.

3 hours ago, khyan69 said:

Had early access to this disney ad pack and it's terrible. There is only 1 house you can enter, the rest is rabit hole only, point and click and so on. The pack is so bland. Please, don't buy it, you will waste your money. Download it illegaly somewhere if you want. It's the worst gamepack ever, probably near My first pet stuff.

The only new "gameplay" here is lightsaber fight and THAT'S ALL. Drone's animations are reused animations, the special game you can play is the same... everything else is Vampires/Salvadora/strangerville gamepack reused gamplay.

There is not even a new world with this pack contrary to Magic realm or vampires GP. It's a vacation world you can go with your phone.

Thanks for the warning and the details about what exactly this pack offers in terms of gameplay. Official channels only use the same phrases approved by the marketing department over and over again, and I don't want to sit through a 15+ minutes long in-depth showcase video anyway.

Here's a little fun fact I'd like to add: This pack is priced 19,99 on Origin (at least in Germany). Classic Star Wars Games like "Battlefront II" (the original, not the EA one) or "Knights of the Old Republic" start at a little over 8 bucks and go up to 17 bucks for games like "Empire at War" or the LEGO series (prices taken from GOG and again this might only be true for Germany).

In other words: The money you would spend on this pack, could also buy you either

- a story-driven RPG (well, both KotOR games actually),

- two shooters with great campaigns (BF2 and Republic Commando),

- any two of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games (that actually have some real lightsaber fighting in them),

- any two of the X-Wing games (for those of you who like to fly a starfighter; there's a community project to modernize the original X-Wing game, called XWVM btw),

- any two of the above mentioned games.

- one of the Force Unleashed games (yeah, I know, but they're still better than this crap pack),

- a strategy game that still is as good as ever (EAW Gold, including the Forces of Corruption add-on/expansion), or

- a child-friendly, a little comic-like and entertaining SW experience (though I'd definitely recommend Complete Saga over Clone Wars, when it comes to the LEGO games).

And that's not taking into account potential discounts for series packs or cheaper prices on other platforms (Steam, consoles,...).

So, if you like Star Wars, get one of those games - and if you already own some or all of them, go ahead and play them.

If you don't like Star Wars, buy yourself a fine box of chocolates, enjoy a nice dinner with your significant other, or support a CC creator you like.

Just don't waste 20 bucks on something that probably isn't worth 5.

After watching some videos, I have to say this pack is pretty much exactly what I was expecting. It's a glorified Star Wars Stuff Pack. To be honest, I was 50-50 on whether or not the lightsabers would even glow. It's not shown in this video, but the devs said that you can bring your R2 unit home with you, but the only interaction you have with them is playing with them by controlling them with the tablet. You can't even make them repair (or upgrade) things, which is what an R2 unit does. If you want Star Wars stuff in your game, this should be a decent pack. If you're looking for Star Wars gameplay, uhh... think of all the fun SW games you've played and take out all the fun parts. This is a Sims game. For those who don't even like Star Wars, or want it in their game, this pack is obviously garbage (a waste) and not worth paying any amount for. I'm hoping modders will be able to do something with this pack to add some fun to it. Whether it's using Jedi Mind Tricks to make sims undress / have sex, enable killing sims with lightsabers, or making R2 units do something, it doesn't really matter to me at this point.

5 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

In other words: The money you would spend on this pack, could also buy you either

- a story-driven RPG (well, both KotOR games actually),

- two shooters with great campaigns (BF2 and Republic Commando),

- any two of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games (that actually have some real lightsaber fighting in them),

- any two of the X-Wing games (for those of you who like to fly a starfighter; there's a community project to modernize the original X-Wing game, called XWVM btw),

- any two of the above mentioned games.

- one of the Force Unleashed games (yeah, I know, but they're still better than this crap pack),

- a strategy game that still is as good as ever (EAW Gold, including the Forces of Corruption add-on/expansion), or

- a child-friendly, a little comic-like and entertaining SW experience (though I'd definitely recommend Complete Saga over Clone Wars, when it comes to the LEGO games).

And that's not taking into account potential discounts for series packs or cheaper prices on other platforms (Steam, consoles,...).

I also liked Rebel Assault & Rebel Assault II (though those are older games - 1993 & 1995).

You know, my only expectation from this pack was to be able to have some Star Wars aliens around. And they even managed to fuck that up. How should we do it? Make a special race category and then have you select one of the aliens? No, how about some skin details instead. Better yet, how about they're just hats! Seriously. Hats. They don't even cover the whole body (except Twi'lek because it's just skin color), so you're just basically wearing a costume. What a complete joke. Absolutely no effort went into this.

5 hours ago, Valtharia said:

Here is the Gameplay of this useless Disney ad.

That's kinda unfair to judge an expansion pack for The Sims as if it was its own AAA games. Yes it's goofy and there isn't much gameplay ... because that's exactly how The Sims 4 was built. A fun life simulation where you can be or do pretty much whatever you want.

Is this the expansion pack I wanted? Nope. But it's not that bad. I'll probably buy it on sale next year to have fun with lightsabers.

13 hours ago, khyan69 said:

So, it really is just Galaxy's Edge without alcoholic beverages in the cantina. That's out of this world. 

2 hours ago, yurikon said:

Seriously. Hats. They don't even cover the whole body (except Twi'lek because it's just skin color), so you're just basically wearing a costume.

The reason why Twi'leks are different is because it was already done that way. Otherwise, it would be a hat as well.

On the face of it, this looks mostly useless for my needs. I also am finding the Star Wars rather shoe-horned in. But with cheats and mods I can edit Baatu, concrete over it, and strip the amenities. Put bars on the windows and send all my worst sims there. Yes, it will be the New Baatu Gulag from now on and my Sims will learn to associate Disney and Star Wars with only suffering.

I'm thinking a vaguely military dressed Mickey-Mouse Gimp to run the institution from atop his search tower?

36 minutes ago, Cheshcat said:

I'm thinking a vaguely military dressed Mickey-Mouse Gimp to run the institution from atop his search tower?

Why does this instantly make me think of "Hogan's Heroes" - in particular Sergeant Schulz?

And why do I feel the sudden urge to build a prison on a 64x64 lot, have a guy in military uniform live there (in a little house next to the actual prison, of course), and name that guy "Wilhelm Klink"?

16 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I also liked Rebel Assault & Rebel Assault II (though those are older games - 1993 & 1995).

Old? Yes.

Not for everyone? Maybe.

Great games? Most certainly.

I never bought, Pets, Tiny Houses, Knitting, or most of the stuff packs, but Star wars. Fuck. You got me. I will always be a Star Wars Fan despite Disney's best efforts to get rid of me.

As a Star Wars fan, I am not expecting this pack to be on the level of Fallen Order or anything. What I would like to see from the Modding community is.

- First Order / Imperial arrest of player to lead to WooHoo.

- First Order / Resistance can take prisoners and force NPCs to join family. 

- Lightsaber duels result in Death. 

- A way to fix the alien customization issue. Seems the CAS Alien Head slot takes priority over all of the other texture slots drowning out any details for things like face mask, body details, tattoos, and make up, lipsstick, eyes, and eyeshadow.

- I might have to hope Sacrificial will make a proper Blaster fight mod.

- A proper Disintegration Death animation after Blaster fight. 

- Some Pro / Anti Star Wars Alien Traits

- Force Sensitive babies

- Some Lot Traits (Area strong with the Light Side, Strong with the Dark Side, Hive of Villainy.. 

I can go on and on.. A lot to work with in this mod. 

12 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

It might not be a low-level Jedi Mindtrick. Instead, it may be Dominate Mind, an ability born of the Dark Side.

So I would need to become a Sith master then? Should I ask one of the game gurus? Or would it be much easier to become a pupil of Andrew Wilson?

But wait: What the heck, Wilson? Shea, Wilson? Illuminatus! ? What is going on with me? Aliens? Abduction? Forced sex with wookies in a Hutten arena? Is that the hidden message of the StarWars pack? Are we Simmers only clueless inmates of a galactic asylum?

"No, I´ll fight back, I will not buy any Sims game anymore, I am cured, I´ll never serve the dark side, never... never... never... please... please... my guru... my master... my guru... my master..." (the audio stream slowly gets quieter, until the last word ends with a choked scream)

On 9/6/2020 at 4:46 AM, olkl1234 said:

Facepalm

爛.png

I think I know how to "fix" this.

Add a texture for the rest of the body (to look like a complete alien), and include it with the head along with the gloves and socks. Make a Default Replacement for the head and set it as a tattoo (or skin detail, or face paint), so that when the sim / "alien" gets completely undressed, they'll still look like an alien.

This game sucks. It's just a kind of point and click in pretty but uninteresting place. Like someone say, places are rabbit holes, you go in, you have a text and it's over. There is a decent amount of clothes and objects, but most of it are not usable in a normal gameplay. (If you want some sci fi fantasy for your ww gameplay, maybe but...). Strangerville was better, cause there was mystery, place to visit and it is still a place to live in. Whether or not you want to go on the quest, it is still a place where your sims can live, where you can build...

Short story : SW is the worse add to the game.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:16 AM, LittleDoxy said:

That's kinda unfair to judge an expansion pack for The Sims as if it was its own AAA games. Yes it's goofy and there isn't much gameplay ... because that's exactly how The Sims 4 was built. A fun life simulation where you can be or do pretty much whatever you want.

Is this the expansion pack I wanted? Nope. But it's not that bad. I'll probably buy it on sale next year to have fun with lightsabers.

For 20 euros, the offering is really pathetic, goofy or not. That is by the way the same price I paid for Blood & Wine for the Witcher 3.

On the other hand it turned out EXACTLY what I expected it to be, so I am thinking about opening an oracle business in the future.

49 minutes ago, RDA said:

Strangerville was better, cause there was mystery, place to visit and it is still a place to live in.

Oh, Strangerville is so much better, don't even worth discussing. Personally, I love that town, especially after replacing most of the default lots and I really like its nature.

9 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Oh, Strangerville is so much better, don't even worth discussing. Personally, I love that town, especially after replacing most of the default lots and I really like its nature.

I agree totally. I made the comparison only because they are story driven game pack.
But Strangerville as a place is very nice, and I'm glad mod exist to skip the event.

I don't care about the pack - might grab it when it's like $5 or less.

But how on earth did that update break so many mods for a pack with so little content?

My game is still unplayable because of rabbit hole related LEs.

The multiple patches they released for Eco Living did less damage to my mod folder than this.

• 1 month later...

guys, (maybe it's been mentioned before here or elsewhere) is there any mod or tip how to disable the masks for aliens in batu, cause my sims were used with Paulson'NPC mod to the batu and they now having these masks on 'em all the time, so i would like to somehow disable all of the masks if possible, i'd rather look at regular humans all around instead of the masked fake aliens. thx.