1 hour ago, porkybork said:

This pack might as well just be an ad for the Star Wars land at Disneyworld. You can’t live on the new world and you can’t play as the new aliens. They added nothing new in terms of content. We already have robots from University, aliens and an unlivable location from GtW, spaceships from the astronaut career, powers from the Vampires and RoM packs, and a lackluster storyline from Strangerville. If this were just a Stuff Pack I wouldn’t be as bothered, but I expect more from a Game Pack.

I highly doubt any of the most fun parts of Star Wars will mesh with how TS4 handles gameplay. My favorite parts of SW has been the vast setting, characters, and the force. TS4 isn’t open world and relies heavily on rabbit holes, so there goes the first thing. Sims have almost no real personalities and the relationships system lacks depth, and there’s barely any storyline integration beyond what’s written in household descriptions. The “evil careers” like criminal and super villain don’t actually let you do anything evil, so anyone who wants to play as a sith is SOL.

If you’re gonna add SW to a game, add more than just the aesthetic. That’s all this pack is, a bunch of superficial crap. If I want SW, I’ll play any of the bajillion SW that have been made over the years, not this neutered nonsense.

At least the Katy Perry pack didn’t try to be anything more than a Stuff Pack. Good lord.

Thank god for mods.

Star Wars Sims coming!

Are you happy? Sad? Mad? Lemme hear ya! Any mod ideas? Throw em out there! Maybe it will become reality!

My opinion = This is the 1st Star Wars ANYTHING i've been excited about since Lucas sold out to the devil. Hoping for some great SW mod fun!

Trouble is, EA already managed to completely ruin SW gaming (looking at you, new Battlefront games) and also shine at doing SW games (Fallen Order, and Squadrons also looks promising) in more recent times - their long time "team-up" with (or rather: purchase of) BioWare to make SWTOR is somewhere in between good and bad, too.

Like probably many others out there, I'm a big fan of LucasArts' games, so I'm a little sceptical about this pack. I absolutely loved and enjoyed the KotOR and Jedi Knight games, I played classic BF2 for I don't know how many hours and the X-Wing games are still sitting on my hard drive, waiting for when I finally have the time to play them. So, if we just get to be a Jedi along with being a spellcaster, mermaid or vampire, that would be a let-down in my eyes - because I'm spoiled by some really great SW games ranging across pretty much all genres.

If, on the other hand, they manage to capture the feel of the SW universe and present it in a fun way (maybe similar to the LEGO SW games), I'm gonna be all "shut up and take my money" ?

As for mod ideas: I'd love to see Old Republic and Clone Wars era stuff, especially Revan and the Republic Commandos. CC shouldn't be too hard to do (although I honestly know almost nothing about creating CC for TS4), but it would be really awesome if someone were to make a playable / active career.

Heck, if someone told me that there's a playable SW career coming with the pack itself already, I'm gonna pre-order right away ?

Somebody will crack the alien races to make them all playable, which will add a lot of fun.  There is some real potential for some fun stuff for sci fi fans once the modders get ahold of it.  I see alot of fun possibilities, so I am looking forward to it.  After the knitting pack though I would be excited for almost anything even remotely fun looking.  

Disney can't do a decent Star Wars to save the franchise so they might as well let the fans do it themselves (if many Star Wars fans who still care about the franchise actually play the Sims 4, anyway).

As quasi-interesting as it could be, I have no interest in deterring anyone from giving into their anger and looking on the Dark Side of this pack,though.

22 hours ago, ✧☽✭☾✧Jᗩᑎᗴᒪᒪ✧☽✭☾✧ said:

I love Carmen, she's giving ideas for W.W. stuff ?

Looking at the Youtube comments section for this video is hilarious when one considers how and why Disney ruined the Star Wars franchise trying to court new fans such as this Youtuber who seems to hold the series beneath her contempt, holding no real enthusiasm for any aspect of the franchise whatsoever. There wasn't even a slight glimmer of hope or so much as recognition when Kylo Ren or Rey flashed on the monitor.

12 hours ago, wild_guy said:

You know guys what I thought, I would really like to see a religion in TS4. Churches and monasteries, parishioners and just religious sims... I think this might bring a lot of fun in gameplay, especially dealing with WickedWhims.

If EA released such a pack we wouldn't like it for sure. 3rd party church buildings are available and with GT you can even join the Buddhism or Hindu club with proper CC outfits. Sims can sing together and religous basemental gangs already fight against each other.
It'd be interesting to know what's missing.

6 hours ago, Oops19 said:

It'd be interesting to know what's missing.

Well, I really have some thoughts about what's missing but don't think it worth describing them if generally the theme is not interested. Besides, we don't influence anything here.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:31 AM, wild_guy said:

You know guys what I thought, I would really like to see a religion in TS4. Churches and monasteries, parishioners and just religious sims... I think this might bring a lot of fun in gameplay, especially dealing with WickedWhims.

111.jpg

The closest thing that anyone will get to that is the content added in as part of the Holiday update, the Hijab update and the Pride update.

I think this might actually be a decent pack. I mean it's a Star Wars Game Pack. It's only useful for those who want Star Wars in their game, but if you do, I don't see how EA can screw it up THAT badly. I do feel like the time for this pack has past, like it should have come a long, long time ago. Perhaps to coincide with the last movie, or milk commemorate Carrie Fisher's death, or even after the initial Star Wars update in 2015. In terms of WW animations, I hope we get some lightsaber duel undressing. Either as a teasing animation, or the first stage of a progression.

7 hours ago, Oops19 said:

Is there a magic duel undressing animation or mod? Would be really great though, also for SW.

Seems like they copy magic realm duel instances and add light saber animations. So will be yeah, also they finally add pick an helicopter animation from sims 2 and sims 3, with helicopters movements, now we only need own able helicopters . I mean move that Star Wars stand-alone animations to a functional vessels which can be picked anywhere to have functional flying vehicles.

this could be the beginning of people dreams cars and flying vehicles.

People who said looks useless, think it again. Useless is eco fraud expansion and beyond epic extreme useless is knitting trash pack. For me looks great.  Pd we Gonna get new alien head meshes. For furries and people who like monsters for WW sex is awesome news. And yes RB is a new mesh, perfect for weird dogs, mini Pokémon’s or to port sexual robots for kinky 

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about it.  The only thing I see worth having is the Light Sabers for fights, battles, etc.  That's about it.  I'm not against it or anything; I do enjoy Star Wars, but I'm in no way a mega fan or really that interested in the movie series.   I'm still waffling over the Knitting pack, but that can wait just like Eco and this pack.  

I wonder if one can knit Lightsaber Cozies with the Knitting Stuff Pack, dress Gungans in Bikinis or enter Droids into college Robotics Fairs. As long as one can violate the Star Wars canon every which way for fun, I'm all for it, really.

It is too bad that I have such a personal distaste for EA as a business entity these days( more so than ever before) so I might not be able to bring myself to buy it even if it were on sale. 

Ugh

This might be the first pack I don't buy.

I am not a huge fan of SW. I haven't even seen all the movies yet (Working on that. There's so many and I'm lazy). So I DO like the films but I'm like "uggh wtf?...meh" about this one.

I admit the world/buildings looks awesome and the lightsabers and build-your-own droids entice me. However, that's not enough for me to buy this pack (not at full price that's for fucking sure).

Am I annoyed? Yes. This is quite obviously a money grab and out of all the other packs and game/bug improvements/fix's they could have made/been done years ago is kinda like a slap in the face. But EA is a company and I'm not surprised by this even though it's annoying?

But look, this pack isn't for me. It's not for a lot of simmers. That wasn't who this pack was for to begin with. It's for the fans that REALLY love SW and SW fans that aren't simmers.

So...good for them. I hope they enjoy this pack, truly. Not every pack is going to be catered to everyone's tastes and that's ok. But I think it's understandable why this pack in particular has rubbed so many the wrong way.

Anyways...

Me, I'm holding out that last bit of hope (like a literal crumb size of "hope") to see what else may be coming with this pack. I really try to hold off completely writing off packs until I see the SimGuru's livestreams. But I have a feeling that there isn't going to be enough positives in this pack to justify be paying for this. Who knows...