I’m not a Star Wars fan, but this actually looks AWESOME. Running around town with my light saber slicing and dicing people while becoming the best Jedi known to sims?!? Absolutely. This is a bit unexpected but so much better than knitting.

Honestly I don't know what for this shit in the game. There is a bunch of cool movies but it doesn't mean all of them should be introduced in The Sims. So, when I want to get something that brings more reality in sims life and make it more interesting, EA is bringing me this...
This is absolutelly not what I want, it really sucks. (just my opinion)

I'm mostly with the frog!  ?

While it seems like a better idea than knitting, I'm willing to bet that they'll still somehow manage to implement this in a way that will completely f**k up your saves!

PS - Is a bass (guitar) and a drum-kit too much to ask for...A band pack could be so cool, utilising the group dance and fans features already in the game. 

But nope, we get Darth Maul and his eco-knitting instead.  ?

This pack hopefully comes with a new dumb way to die animation. The light sabers look like dildos, how could they add them to a game for kids ;)

SW is not too bad but it adds little to WW. I'm not sure whether I want Jar Jar Binks having sex with Yoda and Jabba. Anyhow 'woohoo in x-wing' may be expected.

Anakins sex doll C-3PO seems to be missing so I'll wait for a sale.

Was amused when over on Deaderpools discord they made a room for pack spoilers, the amount of toxin coming from the community about it was amusing. Posts were happening to fast to even read half and it almost seemed 100% negative towards it. Most of them were like the above Youtube video and stating they are done with Sims over it. Don't like it, don't buy it. I wanted to say something but didn't care to get flamed for it, but its like this, Sims Fans... be thankful EA is still making shit for your game. Remember Mass Effect? I wanted to see more of it but one bad game in the series and they axed the entire IP.

If you watch the video and have ever seen anything about Disney's Galaxy Edge Theme Park, what EA has basically done here is literally put Galaxy's Edge into the Sims right down to the last detail. Only instead of it being a theme park they made it "real." So the story and themes and such that the Theme park is supposed to immerse you in and all to make you "feel like your in star wars" was made into a "real thing" here.

3 hours ago, Redd99 said:

Had a look at the description of the new pack on the Sims 4 website and from what I read it looks like you can't play as aliens (they're just NPCs).  It's another world you can't live on.  Not as interesting as I originally thought. Here's the link to the website:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/journey-to-batuu-reveal?setLocale=en-us?setLocale=en-us

That actually improves the concept for me.

9 hours ago, ✧☽✭☾✧Jᗩᑎᗴᒪᒪ✧☽✭☾✧ said:

I love Carmen, she's giving ideas for W.W. stuff ?

Those sad you tubers only do pointless videos about what they like. Thanks to them we have useless packs like first pet stuff, eco expansion and knitting fraud. I bet if they could next pack will be how to tame your hipster. Or Ariana grande and Cyrus expansion pack.  This one looks great. Just look at starwars world details they put effort on it. Very detailed. 

in this case, this is the first EP (or whatever) that really is stupid... this is 100% EA making money with another franchise... that's it

Star Wars is either "you are a fan and buy it" or "who cares? I don't like SW anyway"

even in Eco Life and Knitting you could sense something "useful", like how to save the environment or make your granny have more fun being alone (by knitting, you pervs :P ). but now, there is absolutely no sense at all buy releasing this pack. It's really just for fans, it does not fit in the TS4 world at all.

Many people are waiting for a lot of other stuff, like cars (yes I know, no neighborhood, no cars bla bla) or werewolves or a snowy-vacation-theme (opposite to Sulani) and so on... 

this will now really be the first EP I will not buy... I am no fan of SW and see absolutely no reason to spend money on it, because it will not improve my gameplay at all...
I hope EA will come back to more useful packs in the close future, but I am more and more ready to just be done with TS4 :(

16 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Honestly I don't know what for this shit in the game. There is a bunch of cool movies but it doesn't mean all of them should be introduced in The Sims. So, when I want to get something that brings more reality in sims life and make it more interesting, EA is bringing me this...
This is absolutelly not what I want, it really sucks. (just my opinion)

Lol be thankful that it’s not this:

I am surely not the one to buy this pack but I like, how this starwars-stage (it´s not a world, even not a neighborhood) looks like. But for the youngsters this will be a nice gameplay pack, and I can easily wait for something, that is more to my likes, cause it´s for sure not the end of the Sims 4 franchise. I mean, I even own only one stuff pack, and this is only cause of WW.

And yes, @LuversLab92, Katy Perry is still the only addon in Sims , I don´t mind... Never bought it, never will buy.

What bothers me, are the reactions of so many simmers: Sometimes I feel like living in a kindergarden, so much complains about the product of a major company. As if EA would make games, cause that´s their hobby... And to be honest: I am not a fan of any company but EA knows how to make products, that can make both sides happy, gamers and shareholders. And that is the reason, why there is still no competitor for this series.

I am still playing mostly Sims 3, cause I love the open world and their possibilities, but I remember the same silly "they do not deliver, what we want" complains, when Sims 3 was the actual part. And then the same people gave their money away for even Katy Perrie´s...

This pack might as well just be an ad for the Star Wars land at Disneyworld. You can’t live on the new world and you can’t play as the new aliens. They added nothing new in terms of content. We already have robots from University, aliens and an unlivable location from GtW, spaceships from the astronaut career, powers from the Vampires and RoM packs, and a lackluster storyline from Strangerville. If this were just a Stuff Pack I wouldn’t be as bothered, but I expect more from a Game Pack.

I highly doubt any of the most fun parts of Star Wars will mesh with how TS4 handles gameplay. My favorite parts of SW has been the vast setting, characters, and the force. TS4 isn’t open world and relies heavily on rabbit holes, so there goes the first thing. Sims have almost no real personalities and the relationships system lacks depth, and there’s barely any storyline integration beyond what’s written in household descriptions. The “evil careers” like criminal and super villain don’t actually let you do anything evil, so anyone who wants to play as a sith is SOL.

If you’re gonna add SW to a game, add more than just the aesthetic. That’s all this pack is, a bunch of superficial crap. If I want SW, I’ll play any of the bajillion SW games that have been made over the years, not this neutered nonsense.

At least the Katy Perry pack didn’t try to be anything more than a Stuff Pack. Good lord.

I don't hate it, but I've only just recently gotten the game and the stimulus check has helped me acquire a few interesting packs... I need to continue to resist dropping another couple hundred on some of the other ones and save that money for a proper sale... But some of them are oh so tempting...