I have attempted to resolve this with uninstall save reinstall and it doesn't seem to resolve it so reaching out for some help/second opinion.

So I installed defeat like I normally do. The mod installs and i configure it in MCM. However, even when I put myself as essential to "force" the knock down before death, it doesn't work no matter what I set the threshold too. Secondarily, when an npc is "knocked down" I get the menu of "Knocked Down" and "Talk" but when I click "knocked down", I dont get the normal menu/options of tie up/kill/revive etc. Animations are working fine no other issues other than the inability to actually use defeat.

Anyone have any suggestions or have seen this before themselves? This isn't isolated to one character, as I have multiple characters with the issue. Thanks for the help and the awesome mods folks!!

I have never seen the essential setting work properly in Defeat. Basically Defeat is the only combat rape mod which can't prevent death reliably, especially at low level. Naked Dungeons, DCL and DA all can properly handle death event. 

When I choose to use Defeat, then I have to use Death Alternative as well to make sure my character does not die.

As for your 2nd issue, I did not experience that, so no idea, sorry.

Archived