how to compile scripts if running CK in MO2?

Right now I launch CK in MO2, and everything works fine.

But then I add a new custom script, and compile it (no errors), the psc file lands in the overwrite directory as expected.

But when I try to use the script in the form editor, it 

a) doesn't show up as an option in the scripts drop down in the editor

b) editing source will generate a compile error like this:

Spoiler

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "Player2COC"...
R:\SteamSkyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Player2COC.psc(0,0): error while attempting to read script Player2COC: The process cannot access the file 'R:\SteamSkyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Source\Scripts\Player2COC.psc' because it is being used by another process.
No output generated for Player2COC, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on Player2COC

I noticed that if I rename a .pex file, its no longer visible in the script chooser drop down, but if I name it back to its originally create file name, it does. Does CK have some weird database where it stores script inventory?

There is an ini edit to the ck ini files so that it finds the scripts in the mo directories, problem is I can no longer find the damn post that gives specific details and my setup has been re-built several times since so I not longer have the edited ini. 

sScriptSourceFolder=".\Data\Scripts\Source"
sScriptCompiledFolder=".\Data\Scripts\"

It is and addition to those two lines in the CreationKitPrefs.ini, from what I remember.  And the post was old, two maybe three years ago and it was an addon in another post dealing with something else, it did work as well as I remember compiling scripts though mo without any problems.  Just wish I could remember the rest of it.

Archived