Cherrypicking Animations / Merging Animation Packs

I'd like to know how to modify animation packs, as I am having troubles getting the game to work with the hard coded animation limit, thus I would like to remove certain redundant animations from animation packs to lower the load and instead make room for others.

Is there an established workflow, how to modify/merge animation packs? and a proper editor?

1 hour ago, mikovic76 said:

I'd like to know how to modify animation packs, as I am having troubles getting the game to work with the hard coded animation limit, thus I would like to remove certain redundant animations from animation packs to lower the load and instead make room for others.

Is there an established workflow, how to modify/merge animation packs? and a proper editor?

Make backups.

The work can be done with any text editor.

1. Find the animation you don't want to keep in the FNIS_List file(s) found under actors\[character\creature]\behavior.  If it is a creature/human or creature/other creature animation, it will be split into two files under the relevant races.
  2. Delete the animations (hkx) referenced for that animation (keep in mind some packs "borrow" existing animations, so you may break something else by doing this; that is rare though).
  3. Remove the animation entry from the FNIS_List text files 
  4. Rebuild the FNIS_List with FNIS_Generate_For_Modders.
  5. Remove the same entries from the SLAL jsons
  6. Run FNIS.

If anything I just typed confuses you, leave it all the fuck alone or you will burn your game down.

Thanks for the explanation, however I don't quite grasp step 2 and 3, the behavior files contain multiple entries and are not readable by text editor?

if I delete an entire .HKX behavior file, it will affect more than one animation, i. e.

SLAL_Billyy_Animations_v2.91\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\FNIS_Billyy_Human_Behavior.hkx

The separate corresponding animations are i. e.

SLAL_Billyy_Animations_v2.91\meshes\actors\character\animations\Billyy_Human\xyz.hkx

If I understand this right, the behavior files are the FNIS created "master" files, which are first deleted and then recreated without the animation/s json entries?

Archived