No animations/ctd when with animals

On 10/4/2019 at 6:43 AM, Novatham said:

I'm experiencing some trouble when using mods such as

Creature Framework

Horny Creatures of Skyrim

More Nasty Critters

After an animal approaches my character one of two things will happen depending on the animal (I have only tried it with dogs and horses at the moment)

A dog will approach and everything works fine except the dog will have no animations (my character does)

A horse will approach and then I'll ctd (just before the crash, it will say "playing animation xxx" in the corner)

I've run FNIS and have all the required mods but I can't fix it all at

Any help would be appreciated

On 10/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, Novatham said:

I've solved it myself

It turned out I was using the wrong skeletons

I had the XP23 skeletons installed instead of the ones from MNC

I'm having the same problem you describe.  I also have the XP32 skeleton installed but I need that for physics etc.  How do you make the horse use the MNC skeleton?  Load order?

28 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

I'm having the same problem you describe.  I also have the XP32 skeleton installed but I need that for physics etc.  How do you make the horse use the MNC skeleton?  Load order?

When installing MNC, you should get a message about conflicting files. You need to chose to over write the XP32 skeletons with the MNC ones.

If you're using Vortex mod manager, click on the light lightning bolt thing and set MNC to load after XP32

22 hours ago, Dez65 said:

Thanks.  I figured it out.  I'm using MO2 so all I had to do was put the MNC mod after the XP32 skeleton.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the Necro of the Thread, but i'm experiencing the same Problems.

I can approach Dogs without any Problem, yet as soon as the Animation should start i get a CTD or the Dog is not moving at all.

MNC is loaded after XP32 in MO2, FNIS was recently ran.

Any Ideas?

Archived