Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

29 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Curiously, I have encountered a new issue, which is a bit annoying, and I am not seeing anything about it on the thread so far.

When I go into Helgen, and make my way towards the cell where Chloe is, I walk past her and keep going, as I would like to do her questline after I am done the main storyline up until i kill the first dragon and become Dragonborn.

But every single time I try, I walk past her, and then make my way into the first open room right before the "narrow passage", and while I am looting the dead bodies there, I instantly CTD. Netscript doesn't even generate a log on this either, and the Papyurus logs don't say anything either, other than the usual "none faction" spamming messages.

Is this normal to happen ? Can I not bypass Chloe and come back later on ?

If I cannot ignore her, then is there a way to save Chloe, then dismiss her, and get her again to resume her quest at a later point in time ?

That area just before tends to be facegen crashes, I'm a bit surprised there's no crash log. There shouldn't be anything from DCL editing that room directly, other than the passage squeeze.

Before going into that room, try running the command 'tai' and see if you can enter. If you can, check the NPCs and see what is editing them. In that room, it shouldn't be DCL.

If that doesn't work, try toggling sexlab's freecam and use the camera to look in the room and at the npcs.

If you can dismiss her, she'll be up in the dawnstar inn. I don't think it's chloe though, it's more likely something editing the imerial and stormcloak templated NPCs.

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

Did you start a new game when you removed easywheel? Or reverted to a save before it was installed?

Removing mods for testing is fine, but for actual playing that is not safe and tends to cause problems.

You could try fallrim tools to clean the save, but if that doesn't work, I'd see how things go on a new save.

If it's still there on a new save, I don't know. I have never heard of such issues.

Started a new game

2 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Is this normal to happen ? Can I not bypass Chloe and come back later on ?

Probably it's because of that:

TESObjectWEAP(Name: `Imperial Sword`, FormId: 000135B8, File: `Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)

And it's random CTD

UPD: You have installed mfgfix?

Edited by Elsidia
4 hours ago, green365 said:

Unsolicited suggestion time: in 9.1 would it be possible to add furniture to some hostile locations? (specifically forts with dungeons bandit occupied caves etc) no idea what the back end of that sort of logic looks like or how the AI reacts to players in furniture but canonically "poof - fade to black - wake up in dungeon - escape" feels like it would fit the mod... i mean next step, after TP the player hide their stuff in the appropriate boss chest so they have to finish the dungeon they're in.

not sure if it's an expansion of bondage adventure or just a mini event that could happen when looting in one of the relevant locations but thought i'd throw it out there.

In theory, DCL supports that already via the furniture traps. There is always the chance of hiccups with putting the player into the same area together with NPCs otherwise set to attack the player, though. I can experiment with it, though! Sure! Why not! :)

This mod just can't stop. I've tried check on "shut down all functions" box, turn off cursed loot events, clear all quest. Yet the mod still interferes with guard's capture scenario, still spawning keys on dead body/loot boxes, npcs still view me as a slave and demand sex occasionally. Please, is there anything I can do to disable it ?? ( I know I can't uninstall it as it'd ruin the save game)

Also of note, found something a bit weird with one of the dialogue mods from Nexus, with relation to not just DCL, but just about every mod out there as well, but very apparent with DCL when trying to find certain NPC's and they're not where they are supposed to be...

Realistic Conversations

The sites makes no mention of this, but once you download the mod, it's actually named Realistic Conversations with Natural Social Behaviours and what happens is that just about every natural vanilla NPC moves all over the place. some go for walks, like really far walks (found someone fro Falkreath just in front of Helgen), and most even populate custom homes (my castle had over 20 NPC's.....)

Doesn't break anything per say, but it does make things a bit hard when you have to travel farther to find an NPC during a storyline, when they're not where they are supposed to be.

1 hour ago, terrordrone said:

This mod just can't stop. I've tried check on "shut down all functions" box, turn off cursed loot events, clear all quest. Yet the mod still interferes with guard's capture scenario, still spawning keys on dead body/loot boxes, npcs still view me as a slave and demand sex occasionally. Please, is there anything I can do to disable it ?? ( I know I can't uninstall it as it'd ruin the save game)

I think to get what you're looking for, you'd need to not have it installed at all when starting your new save, if you intend to not use it and don't want the guard dialog changed.

It's been said that the guard dialog a core part of many DCL functions. Some functions must be initialized for the MCM to show up just so you can shut it down. I think there's a limit to how far it can shut itself down without breaking the MCM entirely or otherwise breaking things. Still, that's just logically thinking it through, I'm not sure. Whether those parts include the guard dialog I don't know, but it is possible.

@Kimy Is this right, or is this a bug?

Does Sasha no longer play with the settings of the plugs locked into your character when you ask her to be your keyholder?
I remember occasionally having a message box showing up and telling me that Sasha has set the plugs to a certain level and the plugs responding accordingly in LE.

23 minutes ago, Sis_User said:

Does Sasha no longer play with the settings of the plugs locked into your character when you ask her to be your keyholder?
I remember occasionally having a message box showing up and telling me that Sasha has set the plugs to a certain level and the plugs responding accordingly in LE.

As long as it's an LE 9.0 feature still, it should work. That's not something that should break in conversion. I stayed away from Sasha and the keyholder stuff, so I don't know.

13 hours ago, terrordrone said:

Yet the mod still interferes with guard's capture scenario,

Intended. As I have said many times, overriding this dialogue is needed for many of DCL's core functions.

still spawning keys on dead body/loot boxes,

Not intended. Will check into this.

npcs still view me as a slave and demand sex occasionally.

Define "still". If you have stared Leon/Leah and agreed to submit to them...yeah, that's intended. Otherwise, it might not be. More information is needed/

Generally: It's safe to install mods midway though a playthrough and test them to see if you like them. It is however NOT safe to uninstall a mod mid-playthrough. If you tested DCL and deemed it not to be to your liking - I regret that you didn't like my mod, but in that case, the only safe way to get of it is uninstalling the mod and then reverting to the last savegame BEFORE installing DCL. That's not a DCL-specific thing. That's the standard advice for all mods people are trying out.

Another problem just popped up. I got captured by a guard in Windhelm and he send me to public exhibition ( being locked to a static bondage furniture placed around city hold). And then another guard saw and come to kill me right away while I was hopelessly watching. ( I've already tried to disable the mod with the  "shut down all functions" box, turn off cursed loot events before hand). Seriously Is there an option to stop this ?? 

Another problem: After i died, the game load back to a save game BEFORE the guard Capturing happens, yet Im still stuck to the bondage device ( this time i can run, walk, hit and still got dressed unlike before) unable to move eslewhere. Another npc comes and rape me and the bondage device just disappear. After the sex scene, i can now move around again. But when I press 'e' to init interaction, a msg box still showing up, asking me what to do with the device ( unlock, escape, ..etc...). 

Restart the game entirely seem to bring stuff back to normal thou. I'm reporting these hoping u will find/fix more issues and add the option to disable the guard's function in the future.

7 minutes ago, terrordrone said:

a msg box still showing up, asking me what to do with the device ( unlock, escape, ..etc...). 

You are still in device. If that was trap device after °some Skyrim time (a few hours) it will unlock automatically. or you can struggle out, pick lock, break device to free yourself. If faill all need wait some real time (max 30 sec.) and try again.

On 9/12/2021 at 8:40 AM, zarantha said:

As long as it's an LE 9.0 feature still, it should work. That's not something that should break in conversion. I stayed away from Sasha and the keyholder stuff, so I don't know.

I might have had an older version in my old LE installation which is now gone completely, which leaves no way for me to be sure. (⊙x⊙;)
I was hoping someone can confirm or deny if it is still a feature.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:15 AM, Sis_User said:

She plays. In DCL 8.5 200%, but about DCL 9.0 not sure. I'm not use this probably in play. But still there is chance that it works only not remember in what version i see it.

I remember when she do it, i put on her plugs too and there was two moaning women's)

On 9/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, Kimy said:

In theory, DCL supports that already via the furniture traps. There is always the chance of hiccups with putting the player into the same area together with NPCs otherwise set to attack the player, though. I can experiment with it, though! Sure! Why not! :)

awesome :) 

if that works and doesn't cause *too much* weirdness with AI running in circles while combat music plays let me know and i'll start on a list of locations that already have a dungeon like fort Amol prison to try and make renovating them to actual functional dungeons a little easier...

edit: ok second thoughts this may be a community project because fuck me does skyrim have a lot of caves and I dont remember enough of them off by heart. distribution of labour ahoy!

Spoiler

(probably needs @Kimyto bless/share it before it gains relevance but it's there.) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OBs_1nrFRWIfOSmjv4t15-nVyboGKmI1VTAPdVYm-14/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by green365
6 hours ago, terrordrone said:

Another problem: After i died, the game load back to a save game BEFORE the guard Capturing happens, yet Im still stuck to the bondage device ( this time i can run, walk, hit and still got dressed unlike before) unable to move eslewhere. Another npc comes and rape me and the bondage device just disappear. After the sex scene, i can now move around again. But when I press 'e' to init interaction, a msg box still showing up, asking me what to do with the device ( unlock, escape, ..etc...). 

Restart the game entirely seem to bring stuff back to normal thou. I'm reporting these hoping u will find/fix more issues and add the option to disable the guard's function in the future.

I don't think this is a DCL issues at all here. DCL does nothing regarding public executions, or asking where you want furniture. Sounds more like something from a defeat mod or Public Whore...

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ok,

This is a first, the Orc Rope Expert in Markath, his 3 wives, all have the blackface bug. I will try that mod that supposedly fixed those, but I thought i'd list them here, so they can be fixed in the next update for DCL.

Yeah, many of the new characters have blackface. I'll look at re-exporting if I have to, but the problem there is getting a clean install with no loose files to accidentally bake in. Could also be I didn't check the option to process facegen when I went through CAO. I've had the face discoloration fix for a while and that was probably why I didn't notice.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:00 AM, YojimboRatchet said:

Have to share this, because last night I ended up going through the Cursed Collar quest in full, and in a way that I don't think Kimy ever designed it for LOL.

i did it in style... riding a bike to each hidden chest, and it was awesome ! :)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22673

SSE_26.png

SSE_27.png

SSE_28.png

LOL!

That's funny! :)